FO:NV

Gorth

ditto for me re low level = better in f3 and in D&D.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I don't really prefer low level and specifically hate the first 2 levels in RPGs (especially in DnD) but the 200 HP peasant syndrome is dumb, though that's party a system's and partly the developer's fault.

Switching weapons ought to be improved, the pipboy is just adequate as an inventory, but having only the pipboy to equip weapons, that's just bad design. Since you typically carry dozens of weapons for repair mouse wheeling won't work. How about scrolling through a melee slot, a pistol slot, rifle slot and a big guns slot instead, and have the weapon degradation at a more reasonable pace so you don't have to micromanage repairs every time you fired off a few shots.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

To be perfectly candid, I like the early game, not only because your weapon isn't totally kick ass, but because ammunition is scarce.

Once I hit level 5 or so, things became a lot less interesting.

Hmm... that must have come pretty quick then. Leave Vault 101 -> level 2. Clear out Springvale School -> level 3. Enter Megaton, do first chapter of Moira's quests -> level 4.

I used a mod that cut combat XP way back and increased the amount of XP required for each subsequent level. It actually took a decent amount of time to hit level 5.

I can't imagine anyone playing this game without an XP mod to slow leveling.

I still found levels 5-10 interesting enough, but I found I tended to grow board after level 10. That's what happens your character is a walking god.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Switching weapons ought to be improved, the pipboy is just adequate as an inventory, but having only the pipboy to equip weapons, that's just bad design. Since you typically carry dozens of weapons for repair mouse wheeling won't work. How about scrolling through a melee slot, a pistol slot, rifle slot and a big guns slot instead, and have the weapon degradation at a more reasonable pace so you don't have to micromanage repairs every time you fired off a few shots.

you know you had 8 weapon quickslots too right?

once i started using those, switching weapons was never a hassle.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

To be perfectly candid, I like the early game, not only because your weapon isn't totally kick ass, but because ammunition is scarce.

Once I hit level 5 or so, things became a lot less interesting.

Hmm... that must have come pretty quick then. Leave Vault 101 -> level 2. Clear out Springvale School -> level 3. Enter Megaton, do first chapter of Moira's quests -> level 4.

I used a mod that cut combat XP way back and increased the amount of XP required for each subsequent level. It actually took a decent amount of time to hit level 5.

I can't imagine anyone playing this game without an XP mod to slow leveling.

I still found levels 5-10 interesting enough, but I found I tended to grow board after level 10. That's what happens your character is a walking god.

Fo3 may have been easy once you level up.. but if it werent for the wikia calling out where everything is, i would imagine peoples opinions might be a bit different..

For me the game wasnt as much about killing everything, but more about the exploration of it all.

Edited by Drd_ur_lkng_4

Enter Point Lookout at level 10 and things aren't easy at all, because the enemies cheat. If 5 mooks are shooting at you and each do 35 irresistible damage, it becomes a retarded stimpak spamfest quickly.

First time I was wondering why my power-armoured girlscout was taking damage at all in her T-51b. I had to mod that crap out.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I didn't. The game controls screen didn't deem it fit to inform me that they existed.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I didn't. The game controls screen didn't deem it fit to inform me that they existed.

its in the manual.... i know i know, modern games shouldnt need manuals... but still... its in the manual.

I personally liked the last parts of F3 (post Broken Steel) a lot more than the beginning, I liked that what I did made a visible difference on the wasteland.. It's great running around and worry about ammo, but I really loved using the ninja suit and stealthing.. :aiee:

You can go brahmin tipping in F3? how?

Sneak up to a Brahmin and press E I think.. not so interesting, but somewhat fun..

Fortune favors the bald.

its in the manual.... i know i know, modern games shouldnt need manuals... but still... its in the manual.

Most modern games games don't need manuals, actually when I think about it, most games from any period didn't require manuals.

fallout 1 in my opinion, required a manual.

it was my first rpg so maybe that was it?

Good RPGs need nice size manuals like Baldur's Gate 2 and Fallout 2.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Heh, The Hobbit (adventure game by Melbourne House) came with "The Hobbit" as a manual. Yes, RTFM did apply, otherwise you couldn't really complete the game. At least, I couldn't :thumbsup:

I do miss the days when manuals were more than just a pdf and a quick keyboard reference sheet. It was part of the feeling that you actually bought "something" when you opened up a new box and browsed through the content :sorcerer:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Good RPGs need nice size manuals like Baldur's Gate 2 and Fallout 2.

They also need food recipes :thumbsup:

Mushroom Clouds

(preheat oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit)

3-4 egg whites (at room temperature)cocoa1/4 tsp cream of tartar8 oz dark chocolate 1 cup superfine sugar*(bittersweet or semi-sweet)

Beat the eggs and tartar with an electric mixeruntil soft peaks form. Add the sugar a little at a timewhile continuing to beat, until all the sugar is in andthe mixture is glossy and stiff.Using a piping bag with a no. 8 tip,

pipe out anequal number of caps and stems onto an ungreasednon-stick cookie sheet.

The caps should be about thediameter of a quarter, and the stems should be aboutan inch high and the diameter of a soda straw.Sprinkle cocoa over the caps and stems, and thenblow on them to spread out the cocoa more evenly. Youmay want to do this outside, as cocoa goes everywhere.Bake for 2 hours at 200 degrees.Carefully remove the caps and stems from thecookie sheet.

With a dull knife, snip the top of eachstem so it has a flat top surface.Melt the chocolate (in a double boiler ormicrowave). Spread the chocolate on the base of each cap with a butter knife or spat-ula, and use it to glue a stem in place. Put the assembled mushrooms in the refriger-ator for 20 minutes to harden the chocolate, then put them in an airtight container.

Back in my day manuals were the size of a small books full of lots of important information. These days they're skimpy at 10-15 pages with not much information besides the basics.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Back in my day manuals were the size of a small books full of lots of important information. These days they're skimpy at 10-15 pages with not much information besides the basics.

I'm not sure anything will ever compete with Falcon 4.0's manual.

Matthew Rorie

I'm not sure anything will ever compete with Falcon 4.0's manual.

Oh yeah, that was almost a weapon and you got the feeling you could fly the real deal too.

1.13 killed off Ja2.