The value of human life

lord of flies

Who do you think mined the Coltan to produce your computer, PS2, et cetera? Hmm?

My Coltan comes from magic. Apparently you're not going to bother reading what I actually wrote. I gave an explanation for why people will take notice when a celebrity dies, but not when some African kids die. But hey, you have your own little agenda so reading what is actually posted seems to not apply.

But since you asked me, I don't know. Who mined the Coltan in your computer? Hmm?

There are people who go on forums to chat and build relationships with other posters, and there are people who go on forums for some other purpose. Volourn and Lord of Flies seem to be trying to fulfill that other purpose, but I honestly just don't get it.

"There are people who go on forums to chat and build relationships with other posters, and there are people who go on forums for some other purpose. Volourn and Lord of Flies seem to be trying to fulfill that other purpose, but I honestly just don't get it. "

then there are toublemakers like you who just feel need to troll others because they don't want to be your buddy. Get over it.

It is obvious why I cam here - to disucss Obsidian games, and hanginga round to disucss other games and sometimes off topic too because interesting conversations here.

Why would I want to befirend a troll like yourself?

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I can get where Hurlie is coming from, though. I mean, some folks like to be able to just shoot the breeze, even argue some, while maintaining a more or less friendly relationship with others. That's how I try to do it. I don't find a lot of folks who like to talk about some of this off topic stuff in real life. My friends are into things other than politics and the ones who aren't tend to hold the same views I do. I don't like that. This board gives me a chance to see alternate views.

I think both Vol and LoF believe in what they say. I mean, as long as you are arguing for what you believe, I don't tend to think you're simply "trolling." ...But I'm a whimp who tries to like folks as best he can. :)

"Have you befriended other people on the forum?"

Huh? I'm not here to be friends. I alreayd told you repeatedly why I'm here. To discuss games, and other stuff. Not to be buddies. This is a discussion board; not a buddy board.

"I don't find a lot of folks who like to talk about some of this off topic stuff in real life. My friends are into things other than politics and the ones who aren't tend to hold the same views I do. I don't like that. This board gives me a chance to see alternate views."

Bingo.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

while maintaining a more or less friendly relationship with others.

But here is the part you missed Volourn. I've pm'ed you about this a few time, I find it concerning that you spend so much time on this forum and don't seem interested in building a friendship. I totally get you not wanting to befriend me, but I would think there would be somebody on this forum that, over the years, you would consider a friend.

I consider Aristes a friend, we've had some great conversations, we've talked about getting together for a game of LotRO. There are a lot of other folks I consider buddies on this board, that is why I come here on a daily basis. In fact I almost always disagree with Hades/Sand/Killian on most topics, but as a board buddy I really do hope he's happy and doing well for himself in life. Now I know Lord of Flies isn't here to build relationships, and most likely he will disappear in a few months when he finds another new group to argue with, but it's odd for a long-term resident to be so resistant to being an a real person on these forums. We don't know what your profession is, what your family is like, whether you have pets...and it's odd.

And perhaps then died, which makes you even worse!

When I laughed at this post, a fairy got it's wings, and then died.

Have you befriended other people on the forum?

I got a friends-with-benefits relationship with kirottu.

I just wasted five minutes looking up what the hell 'tu quoque' means.

1. 'Tu quoque' just means 'you too'. You pretentious jackanapes.*

2. Do not try to out posh me, sir. You will wake up watering my flowers, with a west country accent. I have had latin taught to me by terrifying octogenarians** with spiders in their hair, and I still wasn't impressed.

3. You are not attempting to pass a factual statement, but a moral one. You are saying you did X and therefore you should feel bad.

4. 'You too' does not affect the facts. However it surely affects the moral implications of those facts. A burglar who gets burgled is a good deal less likely to get sympathy

5. No doubt you overlooked it this in your excitement

* Note: I am being incredibly clever laying myself open to a true tu quoque rebuttal now.

** 80 year olds. Helpful ****ing translation service.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

There's an actual "friends list" on this board? It sure shows what i know.

And Lord of Flies: are you perhaps studying something within the field of humanist studies? or maybe political science? Please prove my assumptions wrong.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I'd put a quid on him being a sociologist.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'd put a quid on him being a sociologist.

That would be too easy :thumbsup:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

But since you asked me, I don't know. Who mined the Coltan in your computer? Hmm?
You assume that I actually purchased this computer, and further that I own it. I have never bought a new computer.
And Lord of Flies: are you perhaps studying something within the field of humanist studies? or maybe political science? Please prove my assumptions wrong.
I am studying actuarial science.