Political Cartoons

lord of flies

Welcome, one and all. Prepare thyself, for this is Satan's thread. Unless you are prepared to be shocked, enraged, and traumatized by the realization that amongst you live modern fascists, regressives and reactionaries, turn back. Turn back now, before you read!

For this, the child of El Diablo himself, is the most heinous of images: terrible political cartoons.

To get the ball rolling, here are five.

23jhlyc.gif

This is an actual cartoon someone was paid to make. There are no more words about it that can be said. It makes a mockery of the idea that America is a "sexless" society.

1zx2us0.jpg

Universal health care is literally the Holocaust. Liberal fascists. Need I go on?

lesterz.jpg

This cartoon was drawn by a white man. That black character is literally just a way for him to expound his racing views without seeming quite so bad. No, sir, they're apologizing for slavery. Condaleeza Rice, Colin Powell, even Clarence Thomas at one point or another spoke praise for affirmative action. This is because they aren't racist southerners.

cartoonobamanosurvivors.gif

Oh **** I just remembered this cartoon.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

6068366942a1fd0d39bo.jpg

**** we're going to invade Iran, **** **** ****. America's new foreign policy: resort to force... at will.

algoree1e.gif

Not particularly egregious (by comparison), but it is a representative sample of "Heh, global warming? It's cold outside, LIEberals" cartoons, of which there are like a million.

Contribute your own! Feel the deep pain in your soul as everything you love is destroyed! Good political cartoons are welcome.

But before we go, here's a little "light at the end of the tunnel" for you all...

d5de3fffbf38e53112da239.gif

Edited by lord of flies

"affirmative action. This is because they aren't racist southerners"

'Affirmitive action' *is* racist.

btw, You seem rather racist towards whites. Tsk, tsk.

And, the last comic has so many holes in it it's embarassing.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

This just in: artistic ability does not correlate with political clarity. :(

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

A lot of these seem very, very right wing. Funny political cartoons are supposed to be anti-establishment and make fun of everyone, this is just plain propaganda.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Eventhough i do not agree with them, please post more. This boring sunday afternoon needs a fix.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Interesting side note on the WW2 era propaganda cartoons; none of them were actually banned. They were just removed from circulation after the war for obvious reasons. Disney's "Der Fuehrer's Face" apparently even won an oscar for best short animated film in 1942.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Interesting note: the mascots of the two main political parties in the US were actually first used in political cartoons long before the respective parties ever identified with them.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

GD: Do you have some links on examples? I'm too lazy a guy to google :lol: and this would interest me.

A lot of these seem very, very right wing. Funny political cartoons are supposed to be anti-establishment and make fun of everyone, this is just plain propaganda.
That seems to be the very point the OP wants to make - not funny, but terrible political cartoons. Although some of them are actually funny imo if you think what idiots the people drawing them or the people they are aimed at must be :lol: Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

GD: Do you have some links on examples? I'm too lazy a guy to google :lol: and this would interest me.

That seems to be the very point the OP wants to make - not funny, but terrible political cartoons. Although some of them are actually funny imo if you think what idiots the people drawing them or the people they are aimed at must be :lol:

I used to, two or three hard drives ago. Let me look.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

There is only one political cartoonist.

7889846.jpg

I rest my casee.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

"affirmative action. This is because they aren't racist southerners"

'Affirmitive action' *is* racist.

btw, You seem rather racist towards whites. Tsk, tsk.

Did you know: the same political party which opposes Affirmative Action in the United States (the Republican Party) draws its biggest support (its "base," if you will) from the states which voted against the ERA and seceded from the US over slavery? I'm sorry, I don't think this is "pattern searching."

And, the last comic has so many holes in it it's embarassing.
Yeah, there are probably more things which hurt the ability of blacks to compete on equal footing with whites.

Your commentary ruined the comics.
The comics were ruined long before I got here.

A couple more:

062809197.jpg

fe31c5.jpg

d096281.gif

Ed's Note: "Jewish town on the West Bank" refers to illegal, government-supported settlements made in violation of international law which represent a clear attempt to colonize Palestine and eliminate the Palestinian people. You cannot settle an occupied territory: it is against the law.

You'll like this one then Flies:

post-10997-1246205737_thumb.jpg

By the way, you would not happen to be Pop under an alt would you?

Thomas Sowell

It is this dull. I once saw a senator filibustering by talking about his holiday to Maui for one hour.

Edited by Walsingham

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

lesterz.jpg

This cartoon was drawn by a white man. That black character is literally just a way for him to expound his racing views without seeming quite so bad. No, sir, they're apologizing for slavery.

I read this and want to posit the inconcievable outside chance that the alledged human scum writer may have been presenting an anti-welfare and handout position. To make even the small step that anti-handout arguement is anti black or which ever particular group is being induced by this or that welfare program is a judgement and a leap based on personal philosophy in these things.

Your attribution maybe correct but your attitude is off and makes it seem like the black man would be as unlikely and rediculous to turn down state assists as a low income single mother or disable person etc. Because as a black guy he is all discombobulated and overwhelmed from historical and social tensions and all that? He can't work and contribute with all that hot mess in his face right? Condescension and diminished standards are fair, warrented and appropriate however stereotypes are wrong and harmfull. Perhaps the writer creatively imagined a black man who understood the only free lunch is the cheese in a mouse trap and used the character as a mouth peice.

Condaleeza Rice, Colin Powell, even Clarence Thomas at one point or another spoke praise for affirmative action. This is because they aren't racist southerners.

I would guess they have a base of support to maintain, whatever their actual veiws about the subject. I have a brother on the dole, I don't bother the arguement because people who won't work and aren't interested in meeting their potential can't be up rooted. The work and conflict rarely appears worth it, people are generally fundimentaly selfish.

Edit for the record I don't care either way on this subject I accept what happens in the world and all that however you are making a certain kind of arguement, here such as if you cast a vote for gay marriage you must be a gay person, and if you cast a vote against it you must be an antigay homophobe. It is a reduction a step or two to far and preclusive to all but two positions. There is also the tactic of reinforcing a personal intellectual or religious postion by making a monster of the oposition.

Edited by Asol

All deception is self deception all hypnosis is auto-hypnosis

• 1 month later...

Heh, thats a good one. Real stupid of Obama to say cops acted stupidly for arresting Gates. Grandmother has a security system she once accidentally tripped. Cops came out, asked to look around and she said sure. End of story. Gates 'breaks' into his house, is seen by neighbor. Cops show up, ask to look around and he rants about them being racist and curses at them. I'm sorry, but you don't act like a jack ass around cops. Has nothing to do with race (one of the cops arresting him was also black). Obama is either arrogant (don't arrest buddies of mine!) or a bit racist himself. Or it was yet another knee-jerk reaction from presbo.

Heh, thats a good one. Real stupid of Obama to say cops acted stupidly for arresting Gates. Grandmother has a security system she once accidentally tripped. Cops came out, asked to look around and she said sure. End of story. Gates 'breaks' into his house, is seen by neighbor. Cops show up, ask to look around and he rants about them being racist and curses at them. I'm sorry, but you don't act like a jack ass around cops. Has nothing to do with race (one of the cops arresting him was also black). Obama is either arrogant (don't arrest buddies of mine!) or a bit racist himself. Or it was yet another knee-jerk reaction from presbo.
This is a C&P, right? Please tell me you don't actually believe this.

The police came to Gates house. They asked him to step outside (so they could arrest him), he didn't. He then showed the officer two forms of ID, at one point allowing the officer into his house. He (repeatedly) asked the officer for his name and badge number, which the officer didn't give. He followed the officer out, continuing to ask. Once he had gone through his front door, the police officer arrested him.

One of the cops arresting him was latino - none of them were black. But it doesn't matter. If you think black cops can't write DWBs or automatically assume that black Americans are criminals, then you are pretty ill-informed.

This is a C&P, right? Please tell me you don't actually believe this.

The police came to Gates house. They asked him to step outside (so they could arrest him), he didn't. He then showed the officer two forms of ID, at one point allowing the officer into his house. He (repeatedly) asked the officer for his name and badge number, which the officer didn't give. He followed the officer out, continuing to ask. Once he had gone through his front door, the police officer arrested him.

One of the cops arresting him was latino - none of them were black. But it doesn't matter. If you think black cops can't write DWBs or automatically assume that black Americans are criminals, then you are pretty ill-informed.

I like how you manipulate the 'facts' to fit your agenda. The first thing that happened after the cops arrived was the showing of ID, followed by Gates' belligerence and request for a name/badge number. It was given to Gates, repeatedly but he was yelling loudly at the officers. It was DURING this time that the police asked for Gates to step outside.

If you think that cops should put up with someone's bs because they are black you are pretty racist. Seriously, watch just one or two episodes of Cops. Always a clown or two who is belligerent with the cops, ignores their requests and then they arrest that person. At this point its past an apology and they are going to jail one way or another, no matter what the skin color or gender is of the suspect or the arresting officer.

The problem again, is we don't know exactly what was said between Gates and the Officers who arrived, just that after arrival one of the officers repeatedly called in about Gates' belligerence. I'm more inclined to believe the officers because, again, I know enough about cops that you don't piss them off. Thats the thing though. Obama has no idea either, and it shows his own bias. He and his buddies are above the law and it was obviously the cops who were at fault.

I like how you manipulate the 'facts' to fit your agenda. The first thing that happened after the cops arrived was the showing of ID, followed by Gates' belligerence and request for a name/badge number. It was given to Gates, repeatedly but he was yelling loudly at the officers. It was DURING this time that the police asked for Gates to step outside.
If he gave Gates his badge and ID number, why would Gates keep yelling at him?
If you think that cops should put up with someone's bs because they are black you are pretty racist. Seriously, watch just one or two episodes of Cops. Always a clown or two who is belligerent with the cops, ignores their requests and then they arrest that person. At this point its past an apology and they are going to jail one way or another, no matter what the skin color or gender is of the suspect or the arresting officer.
Annoying a cop: a crime worthy of being arrested. Only in America. And Nazi Germany. :)
The problem again, is we don't know exactly what was said between Gates and the Officers who arrived, just that after arrival one of the officers repeatedly called in about Gates' belligerence. I'm more inclined to believe the officers because, again, I know enough about cops that you don't piss them off. Thats the thing though. Obama has no idea either, and it shows his own bias. He and his buddies are above the law and it was obviously the cops who were at fault.
You are more inclined to believe the police in America?

Let me tell you a story. It's a pretty simple story, so you can keep your attention on it.

A woman gets into a small fender bender in the parking lot of a convenience store. Unfortunately for her, the other party is a cop's son. The cop comes in, slams a gun into the back of her neck, and when she tries to get out of his grasp, he charges her with assaulting a police office. Fortunately for her, however, there was video of the whole incident. But three times, police officers came to the store owner and asked him to erase the tape.

Do you really trust this institution? This is not some isolated scenario, police do this kind of thing all the time.