What you did today

Gorth

I spent most of today yelling at my school because they can't assemble seven classes for me to take. What. The. Hell. How hard can it be to find seven consecutive AP classes?

Seven consecutive useful AP classes? Let's see: Maths, Literature, Portuguese, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Programming.

I sent a letter to flag@whitehouse.gov reporting myself. I then sent a letter to my personal friends and family telling them what I'd done and why and urging them to do the same. I must say that the Obama administration has sunk so terribly low in my opinion since he first won the presidency. I pride myself on not raging about politics, but the idea that they would post this in a whitehouse blog is boggling:

I thought they were looking to crack down on people who are using these possible reforms to con people out of their money. Like with the housing market stuff, how there are a bunch of different cons where people say they will help you refinance and then they end up taking you for a boatload of cash.

man i got durnk last night. >_< man i'm gonna hurt when i finally sober up. yes, i'm still durnk. can't go back to sleep.

hey guys, while i may agree with the sentiment, let's keep the politics out of this thread. what's nice about "what you did today" is that we typically stay away from any and all potential food fights and political issues tend to create food fights. this is the haven for all of us to talk about life, the universe, and everything without the stress of an argument. oof it's hard to type durnk. :)

we're going to the rockies' game tonight, btw. heading over to my buddy's house around noon and eating some tacos el carbon with chips and dip, then driving up to denver for the game. this will be john's first baseball game.

in other news, did i mention we had four of the little guy's teeth pulled the other day? he talks funny now. he's mad, however, because the tooth fairy only gave him four bucks for his four teeth. he wanted a thousand dollars. yes, a thousand. i informed the little **** that the tooth fairy doesn't have a thousand dollars and he replied that the tooth fairy has a magic wand. the tooth fairy doesn't have the magic job, i thought to myself. six... it'll only get worse. :)

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I will keep the political discussion out of the what you did today thread as requested. Still burns me and none of the 'explanations' make it clear to me exactly why they went about it that way, but I'll start a separate thread if I want to pursue the argument. Now that I've sent off my email and finished my letter, I'll probably not bring it up again unless something happens out of it.

Oh, and apparently I now own a cowboy hat.

:)

EDIT: I also ran a quick D&D game for my little sis (I spent most of the day running her around as my parents needed time do get some stuff done) - she's not a bad player. :)

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

he's mad, however, because the tooth fairy only gave him four bucks for his four teeth. he wanted a thousand dollars. yes, a thousand. i informed the little **** that the tooth fairy doesn't have a thousand dollars and he replied that the tooth fairy has a magic wand. the tooth fairy doesn't have the magic job, i thought to myself. six... it'll only get worse. :)

taks

Four buck is pretty good. When I was a kid I only got a quarter!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I broke one of my toes yesterday (it was the piggy that got gypped on the roast beef). I dropped a godd***ed miserable fu****g 2X6 on it. I think some of you might have heard me cursing when it happened. So that brought all of the household projects to a screeching halt. So today i spent the whole day drinking Sam Adams Summer Ale and watching the directors cut of Fellowship and Two Towers. After eight hours of that I was pretty LOTR'ed out. Now I'm going to microwave some fish sticks, play OOTP Baseball and maybe get some writing done. Maybe. More likely I finish my last two beers, break out the Knob Creek and bring this evening to a short but happy conclusion.

One a side note I find it incredible that the dogs never stepped on my feet until now.

On another side note this (plus a little veterinary episode last week) has left me with some fascinating observations on Health Care. But I completely agree that this is not the forum for it.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I've always wanted to chop wood. Is that bad?

I just ate a massive quantity of shrimps and now I'm just waiting for UFC to start.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

in other news, did i mention we had four of the little guy's teeth pulled the other day? he talks funny now. he's mad, however, because the tooth fairy only gave him four bucks for his four teeth. he wanted a thousand dollars. yes, a thousand. i informed the little **** that the tooth fairy doesn't have a thousand dollars and he replied that the tooth fairy has a magic wand. the tooth fairy doesn't have the magic job, i thought to myself. six... it'll only get worse. :)

Thats free market ecenomy for you. Explain to him that too many teeth on the market lowers the price :)

Dropped my old ISP for my home connection and ordered a package from a different ISP. They should change connections tomorrow (Monday), so lets see if everything goes smoothly. Since I am moving from ADSL to ADSL2, I needed to buy a new modem. Haven't configured one of those for 2 years.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Dropped my old ISP for my home connection and ordered a package from a different ISP. They should change connections tomorrow (Monday), so lets see if everything goes smoothly. Since I am moving from ADSL to ADSL2, I needed to buy a new modem. Haven't configured one of those for 2 years.

You're on 10mbps and you're moving to ADSL2? :shifty:

You're on 10mbps and you're moving to ADSL2? :*

That was posting from work :shifty:

I spend too much time at work sometimes. My home connection is a measly ADSL 8/1 Mbit or some such. What really got to me was the paltry 30gb monthly traffic, leaving me on dial up speed at least a quarter of a billing period. I want to listen to and watch streaming news from the world dammit :ermm:

Got one with a 200gb monthly traffic cap instead (and 20/1 mbit speed)

@Calax: They merged.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Uh... WTF happened to the Star Wars section on the boards?

They died. :)

I sense a great disturbance in the force, like dozens of crazed fans all screaming out at once.

eh... more like the two forums were thrown together in an unholy marriage.

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Recently had a netbook arrive in the house and we've been spending some time getting this thing up and running properly on the wireless network. Overall everything except the wireless is running quite well. I've only spent about 2-3 hours trying to diagnose the issue, but it seems to be working properly, even if it is a little slower than expected right now.

For some reason, when we first started it up, it was having a lot of problems connecting to the wireless network. It would tell me that it wasn't connected, yet allow me to still use the network for about 3 minutes before it would go down again. Disconnecting from the network and the reconnecting might give me an extra 3 minutes.

I seem to have gotten it working now though. The down speed is about 1/3rd of what the other wireless connections in the house are getting, while the upload is running at full speed. I'm honestly not entirely sure what the issue was or how I got it to go away. I uninstalled the wireless network adapter and had Windows detect and reinstall it automatically. After doing that it seems to have fixed the problem, but the only way to be sure is to keep it running.

A nice excuse to get the netbook away from my dad for a little while to play with it myself. :thumbsup:

It's an HP Mini 110-1030 for those that are interested.