BREAKING NEWS: BIOWARE AND MYTHIC MERGE

Llyranor

And Karpyshyn. And Preston Watamaniuk, who wins the awesome name competition.

Edited by Darth InSidious

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

"There's also this horrible Chris Priestley who shuts down any thread by the slightest notion of Bio criticism."

False.

No, true.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

You can criticize the games as much as you want, but you can't criticize the company. To be fair, if you started a thread about how Obsidian sucks on the BioWare boards, that would be closed as well.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

"There's also this horrible Chris Priestley who shuts down any thread by the slightest notion of Bio criticism."

False.

BTW, Magical Volo, you know one of our old guild members works at Bioware, right?

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

If they make games I want to play then I will buy them. If they don't make games I want to play then I won't. Beyond that, why does it matter to the end consumer?

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

You mean Jay Watamaniuk?

Serious Watamaniuk is serious.

Possibly, although if it is, he signed a whole load of the K1 source scripts as "Preston" for no apparent reason...

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

You mean Jay Watamaniuk?

Serious Watamaniuk is serious.

Possibly, although if it is, he signed a whole load of the K1 source scripts as "Preston" for no apparent reason...

They're brothers, they both work for Bioware.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

I remember back in the summer/ autum (fall) of 2008 and even further back to the winter 2007/2008 where we discussed the drm for Mass Effect. Plenty of criticism there...both for Bioware as a company and against the drm used in Mass Effect and other games. And it worked....

I have seen people criticizing the videos for Dragon Age being both politely, strongly, vehemently and people arguing, disagreeing in a somewhat constructive way. Some (even myself, I think) have critizised Bioware as company for selling out, for not showing the real content in the game.

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

Please support, Andrew Bub, the gamerdad - at http://gamingwithchildren.com/

Saying 'BioWare has sold out' suggests they weren't always in the business of making money. As far as I know, the doctors have never worked on any of the games. There have always been, and still are, people who are passionate about making RPGs at Bioware, but the company wasn't founded by two eager young game developers, was it?

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Saying 'BioWare has sold out' suggests they weren't always in the business of making money. As far as I know, the doctors have never worked on any of the games. There have always been, and still are, people who are passionate about making RPGs at Bioware, but the company wasn't founded by two eager young game developers, was it?

Pretty sure the docs did some design on the early games as well. Wasn't Greg credited as designer for MDK2?

"As far as I know, the doctors have never worked on any of the games. There have always been, and still are, people who are passionate about making RPGs at Bioware, but the company wasn't founded by two eager young game developers, was it? "

Eh? Why else would they have gone into game development? There's no way they could have known for sure that BIO would ahve been this successful. And, they no doubt have played a development role in each of their games. At least when it comes to general design. I believe they had games like ME and JE in the back of their mind long before they actively started working on it. They were also rather upfront in their interest to make a MMO well before theirs was officially announced.

To try to take away theirtheir credit for BIO's success is silly. No doctors, no BG. Period.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The term "sold out" is also often used when artist(s) compromise their creative integrity for the sake of making more money than they already do.

Do not get me wrong. Every artist wants top make a ****load of money and be financially independent, so to speak. However, the art that they create, whatever it may be, is usually the first priority. Anyone with a sense of backbone, character and integrity knows that.

For example, Michael bay makes bad movies that really sell, but he has not sacrificed his creativity, since he has been pretty consequent in his vision (= special effects, explosions, teenheroes and female boobage). The minute Bay will start talking about "reaching out", "expanding the base" and "making a movie that anyone can enjoy", then he has sold out by the very definition that i provided.

Edited by Gorth
Circumventing language filter

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Bioware is sticking to its roots; I'm not sure why people are PMSing over it. They've always been focused on making ****. This is a newer iteration of it.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)