BREAKING NEWS: BIOWARE AND MYTHIC MERGE

Llyranor

BTW no one said that Mythic founder Mark Jacobs is out of job... History repeats itself *points at Richard Gariot and Origin*

both get kicked out of EA after releasing their MMO for them... wondering if same will happen to two doctors aswell...

I hope they get fired as well, because then they can get hired by Obsidian.

If anyone, I hope they hire that guy who played in the Warhammer MMO class ads.

Good news is that Mark Jacobs got booted. Bad news - Just about everything else in this merger. Mythic is nothing but group of hacks with bad IPs. They should have just closed the entire studio, move few good people to KotOR Online and call it a day.

I hope you never become a CEO yourself!

"Fire them all!!!"

Edited by Morgoth

Good news is that Mark Jacobs got booted. Bad news - Just about everything else in this merger. Mythic is nothing but group of hacks with bad IPs. They should have just closed the entire studio, move few good people to KotOR Online and call it a day.

I hope you never get a CEO yourself!

"Fire them all!!!"

Heh.. that is true. I'd fire 'em all :lol:

But honestly, Paul Barnett, the Creative Director at Mythic Entertainment, wanted to recruit three-star ability with five-star drive. Well, if you want to crash and burn in modern MMOG biz, you can do just that :lol:

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

I might say Blizzard had something to worry about with ToR, but having tried to play Warhammer Online, I don't think WoW is going to be squeezed out of the market. Of course, Mythic might have learned from the past. You never know. EA certainly has the money to throw into making an MMORPG. Let's just see if Bio/Mythic has the expertise to take advantage of all that cash.

<RANT!>

And if you hated them just a little bit more, they would disappear off the face of earth.

It's just a company, hating them isn't going to make them go away. Also, I hear that hating is bad for your brain.

Edited by Gorth
Removed quoted rant

Dragon Age 2 will now be: Dragon Age: Realms, which is an MMO.

:(

If EA weren't happy with the results they got from Warhammer, they might sidestep fantasy and try another genre for their next attempt at an MMORPG. Competing with Blizzard for exactly the same audience as WoW doesn't seem like a safe idea.

Once The Old Republic is out, there will already be a major space adventure-themed title from another publisher. Mass Effect Online would push two Bioware online space RPGs into the same space, which sounds highly implausible.

Maybe they'll try to develop an original "IP" for the project. They could get another movie or TV license, but EA have cooled off on licenses lately.

Also, I hear that hating is bad for your brain.

Pft lies. Hate grants you focus, clarity. Also a very good motivator.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

<RANT!>

You make that sound like a bad thing.

Edited by Gorth
Removed quoted rant

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

What's left is a twisted mockery, making soulless games, desperately wanting to end the torment, but being kept alive by the evil magicks of EA.

Edited by Purkake

What's left is a twisted mockery, making soulless games, desperately wanting to end the torment, but being kept alive by the evil magicks of EA.

So the difference is that now they want to die?

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

Now I imagined tormented faced zombies and wraiths in Bioware uniforms working on their computers in dark offices and halls, surrounded by a dreadful mist, with only the tapping noises, moans and occasional footsteps indicating the presence of someone in the foreboding old building in the middle of the cursed, rot-spawning city that used to be Edmonton before the EAssimilation.

If one goes back and reads my posts from about when bio got eaten up by EA I believe I said its only a matter of time before bioware ceases being a entity in of itself even on paper and will be assimilated as just another cog in a giant corporation. *looks at his watch* I dislike when I have to say 'I told you so' to the bio fan boys... however...

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

Ba dum tish.

Now I imagined tormented faced zombies and wraiths in Bioware uniforms working on their computers in dark offices and halls, surrounded by a dreadful mist, with only the tapping noises, moans and occasional footsteps indicating the presence of someone in the foreboding old building in the middle of the cursed, rot-spawning city that used to be Edmonton before the EAssimilation.

Welcome to corporate America!

Edited by Purkake

<RANT!>

Bioware decided to make TOR. So no, it isn't.

Ba dum tish.

Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all year. Probably.

Edited by Gorth
Removed quoted rant

Thread pruned a bit. Lets see if we can't do it without the name calling of Obsidians competitors and colleagues? It would save me a bit of unnecessary work. Unncessary work makes me grumpy.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

It always involves you, Llyranor. You are the root of all internet evil.

My take is... I don't think this will be significant. Bioware will still put out it's own games. It might mean some more tinkering with the ToR, but I don't have much interest in that personally.

I see this as a positive. Bioware will get access to a team of dedicated MMO developers. Mythic also was likely in jeopardy with WAR not meeting expectations, and this is probably the best way for them to not face major cutbacks.

WAR is not a bad game, it's a buggy game that had to cut a ton of content to finally make a release date. Maybe this will give Mythic the time it needs to fix it up and find a stable audience.