Too similiar to Mass Effect?

Comparisons with Deus Ex and VtM: Bloodlines seem appropriate.

Not really. Deus Ex was shooter first, "lite" RPG second, while Bloodlines was RPG first, shooter second.

I don't see how DX was lite, but whatever. If DX is FPS/RPG and Bloodlines RPG/FPS, then what is AP that it can't be compared with those two?

Edited by Oner

Not trying to argue or anything but i was just wondering how the gunfighting system was broken in ME?

Well, the different weapons are mostly meaningless, and balance is completely off its rocker. I wouldn't call it broken, however. It's just kind of bad.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

What's cool at least for me is I have never played any of the games mentioned here (ME, Deus Ex and VtM: Bloodlines) so AP should be all new, shiny and different. Yay me!

At the cost of your life being a desolate funless wastesland. ;)

Not trying to argue or anything but i was just wondering how the gunfighting system was broken in ME?

i should clarify - the system of "different" weapons is what I consider broken, the actual shooting was that of a fairly mediocre shooter. I would add that this was made worse by the game being too easy. Also the aim was laggy and irritating, nowhere near as fluid as a dedicated TPS.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

What's cool at least for me is I have never played any of the games mentioned here (ME, Deus Ex and VtM: Bloodlines) so AP should be all new, shiny and different. Yay me!

You are REALLY missing out on some truly wonderful games. Also System Shock 2.

Not really. Deus Ex was shooter first, "lite" RPG second, while Bloodlines was RPG first, shooter second.

Thanks for a meaningless and inaccurate post Morgoth. I rely on you for these things.

Thanks for a meaningless and inaccurate post Morgoth. I rely on you for these things.

I think the fact that Deus Ex has fairly little choice via dialogue, and most decisions made are more 'practically' in game (who to kill/keep alive etc. doesn't get decided through a kill/save dialogue but by not shooting them) throws some people off the fact how much you can actually direct your character in Deus Ex. That said, JC Denton's weapon really isn't choice, and that's what has me rubbing my grubby paws together with AP.

Can't comment on Bloodlines, it doesn't officially run on my computer (laptop) and I've never bothered to get it so I could just play around with 3danalyze.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif