Baldurs Gate 3

kotm86

hi i know that this studio was founded by a lot of the black isle team after the interplay "incident" and i as i spent far too much time playing baldurs gate 1 and 2 and would class it as my number 1 game(s) (i class them as 1 as you could transfer the character over, which frankly was genius) and i was wondering if you own the rights, and if there are any plans to make a new baldurs gate? A good one though not the dross that was on the ps2.

x

First off, Black Isle did not make Baldur's Gate. They published it through Interplay. Bioware made Baldur's Gate. All I have to say, move on already. The Bhaalspawn story is long over.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

hi i know that this studio was founded by a lot of the black isle team after the interplay "incident" and i as i spent far too much time playing baldurs gate 1 and 2 and would class it as my number 1 game(s) (i class them as 1 as you could transfer the character over, which frankly was genius) and i was wondering if you own the rights, and if there are any plans to make a new baldurs gate? A good one though not the dross that was on the ps2.

x

Personally I love the idea. BUt that's all it is. Unless you'd care to make a mod for NWN2.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

We still have an unfinished game (that was supposed to be BG3) that needs some love and caring in order to get completed.

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Atari's in a bit of a spot right now. It looked like they were on the rise there for a few months but Assault on Dark Athena wasn't a huge smash and the Ghostbusters game has some time left to cook still. They sent Phil Harrison out to pasture, and they can't afford to attend E3. I wonder if they have the clout to get a BG3 off the ground, or if any developer would take the risk to build a game on the perilous foundation of Atari's support.

Edited by Pop

Besides, any new DnD game will use 4e. YUCK! :-

Got that right.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Besides, any new DnD game will use 4e. YUCK! :-

Got that right.

i have no faith in anything atari could ever do again especially as they just seem to want to make games based on films and nothing actually creative

i have no faith in anything atari could ever do again especially as they just seem to want to make games based on films and nothing actually creative

Wait, are you trying to say Baldur's Gate was creative? The Black Hound looked (and looks) promising, but the Bhaalspawn games are as generic and uninspired as you can possibly get. Typical BioWare stuff.

20795.jpg

NWN2 was so much better than NWN1 it wasn't funny. Mask of the Betrayer absolutely rules.

Baldur's Gate was fantastic less for its main plot, and more for the characterisations along the way. Even some incidental characters had a real feel to them.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Baldur's Gate was fantastic less for its main plot, and more for the characterisations along the way. Even some incidental characters had a real feel to them.

Unfortunately the characterization got recycled so much in Bio's following games that I learned to loathe BG and its characters along with the rest of Bio's offerings.

The abridged history of Bio's characters:

Jaheira, a whiny holier-than-thou druid who lost her husband -> Aribeth, a whiny holier-than-thou paladin who lost her lover -> Carth, a whiny soldier with trust issues who lost his wife -> Sky, a dashing rogue who lost his wife and occasionally whines about it -> Kaidan, a whiny biotics user who couldn't get laid in his psychic training camp

ORIGINALITY!eleven! :)

20795.jpg

I think the reason why Kaiden didn't get laid is because I think he is a closet gay. I mean what red blooded male would not take the offer to have sex with two hot women? Seriously?

That alone made me want to nuke him.

Edited by Killian Kalthorne

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

I am hoping that AP is better than ME, but it will be hard pressed to be so since ME sports lesbian sex. :woot:

Technically that’s female human on genderless alien (who just “happens” to look very much like a human female sans the blue skin and tentacle hair). Have to make sure you get that right or the Right might not see it as right. :teehee:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I mean what red blooded male would not take the offer to have sex with two hot women?

people that say things like this are generally not getting any. sorry, man. i hope your situation improves. :teehee:

taks

comrade taks... just because.

people that say things like this are generally not getting any. sorry, man. i hope your situation improves. :teehee:

taks

Sad, but true, but honestly I don't need that level of headache.

taks

taks