Aliens vs. Predator 3

I'm looking forward to the alien roundtable where they all sit in a circle on the ceiling and make funny noises with subtitles for us poor humans.

And all of them are pimps, with blings 'n' fedoras 'n' sticks.

That's how they roll, man!

spaceballs3.jpg

I think its prety gross that aliens vs predator has somehow eclipsed both Alien(s) and Predator in terms of popularity.

What we really need now is Aliens vs Predator vs Terminator. That is just a license to print money right there.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I recently picked up Unreal tournament 3 and was a bit disappointed, the engine is sweet, the rest was, well, not as good as the name would suggest. I might check this out.

The AVP games were all pretty decent, it's a bit sad that they contributed in some small way to the travesty that befell the Alien movie franchise, and to a lesser degree Predator ditto (predator 2 was hilarious) but one can't really blame a game.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I think its prety gross that aliens vs predator has somehow eclipsed both Alien(s) and Predator in terms of popularity.

What we really need now is Aliens vs Predator vs Terminator. That is just a license to print money right there.

Umm, it exists already. Let's also not forget such classics as "Superman and Batman versus Aliens and Predator", "Green Lantern versus Aliens" and "Judge Dredd vs. Aliens"

The movies are crap, but the AvP games are pretty much three different games in one package. The gameplay and even the tone is totally different in the campaigns and it's good fun.

@Gorgon: the movie was inevitable after all the AvP comics and novels. The games don't even have anything in common with the movies other than the obvious Aliens and Predators. I'd just blame Hollywood and be done with it.

Edited by Purkake

Umm, it exists already. Let's also not forget such classics as "Superman and Batman versus Aliens and Predator", "Green Lantern versus Aliens" and "Judge Dredd vs. Aliens"

It's like professional wrestling, only worse. Monster cage matches and hair pulls and foreign objects.

I played the first game. It was all right.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Seriously? Superman and Batman fight it out against Aliens and Predator? I don't know whether to cringe or cheer for the potential awesomeness.

And then Sub-Zero and Scorpion come to the rescue !!!

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Seriously? Superman and Batman fight it out against Aliens and Predator? I don't know whether to cringe or cheer for the potential awesomeness.

The only thing that would make this even more bizarre would be if the comic was actually good. :)

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

The only thing that would make this even more bizarre would be if the comic was actually good. :)

OR if Superman teamed up with the Predator and Batman with the Aliens.

Ah comics, the land of wonder and unexplainable matchups.

Wait, how could an Alien or Predator have ever hoped to defeat Superman with such mundane weaponry as plasma cannons and acid? He could just bring the pimp hand without ever breaking a sweat.

Maybe he has to protect Batman or something? Or maybe the predators took a side-trip to score some kryptonite.

Superman is like the worst superhero anyway...

Wait, how could an Alien or Predator have ever hoped to defeat Superman with such mundane weaponry as plasma cannons and acid? He could just bring the pimp hand without ever breaking a sweat.

Superman gets his energy from the sun. He flies off to some other planet/star base and no longer has contact with the sun losing his power slowly. Atleast, thats what I remember from reading the comic years ago. o:)

As for Batman vs. The Predator, it was actually good. Batman investigates the grisly Predator kills and eventually has a showdown... pretty much the plot of a Batman (investigating crimes, capturing criminal) or Predator (kills a bunch of things until confronted by tough guy hero).

a predator would be so easy for batman to stop its not even funny.

Batman beat superman. nuff said.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s24/civ...nvssuperman.gif Edited by Gorth
Changed tags to url, as image contains profanity. Click at your own risk

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

The most cliche superhero ever should shut his mouth and go cement his hair some more or something. ^^

Also, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SALkUC3fH3E

Actual gameplay footage in the latest Gametrailers TV. It starts about a minute into the second chapter that I linked. The hosts/banter is truly horrible so consider yourself warned! The gameplay looks pretty good, but blood splatter is a tad excessive, though.

Edited by Purkake

The same footage without the horrible hosts interjecting with their crap. GAF seems to be very love/hate on it. It looks pretty solid to me...

Looks like AvP2 with a graphical upgrade and better animations. Hopefully it will ha story too, and atmosphere, and being scary of course.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy