Silver ticket

Aram

It's 2:00am you're alone in an old movie theater, watching your favorite classic movie for the 100th time. It's 2038 and outside the economy has collapsed and global warming and plague and nuclear war are about to wipe out humanity. You've been laid off work and the doctor you went to see about that cough told you have days to live. The world's gone mad and they're rioting outside. You've been evicted from your apartment, the bartender won't let you in until you pay your tab, and the only solace you can find is to retreat into this small cinematic refuge. Citizen Kane in playing for you alone in this abandoned theater.

Suddenly Orson Welles comes down off the screen and sits down beside you. He bums a cigarette and asks you why you're still watching this same movie over and over again. He says "let's watch something else." He offers you that chance to watch anything you want. Any film, but more than that. Any god damn performance, and god damn show one human being put on for another in the history of showmanship. If you want to go watch Hamlet at the Globe Theatre, you're there. If you want to watch Vivaldi shred a fiddle, you're there. If you want to go to Woodstock, want to hear Homer recite the Illiad, or watch your own kindergarten class put on a terrible play, you're there. You've only got one ticket. Which do you choose?

I'd choose to watch the story of the universe from beginning to end :D LOL, failing that... Lord of the Rings extended version naturally.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

When I was stationed at Camp Pendleton I used to hang out at a bar out in Vista called the Iron Pony. Anyway, I was dating a girl who played in a local band. A lot of local bands played there, but hers was the best. For my silver ticket I'd like to go to the Iron Pony on a Thursday night ($10 all the draft you want) in 1990 and hang out with old friends especially Cindy, and watch her band (The Little Red Vettes) play.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I'd choose to watch the story of the universe from beginning to end :D LOL, failing that... Lord of the Rings extended version naturally.

This is a solid choice. But if I'm going to watch all three back to back I'd like me memory of them wiped too so I'd be seeing them for the first time again.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

The premiere of Le Salaire de La Peur would be pretty awesome. Or The Jimi Hendrix Experience playing live, somewhere.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I'd like to watch the French Canadian film Sonatine (1984). That film taught me how to want to live. According to your preamble, I'd need it.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Very good choice... but I'd have to go with Einstein's lectures at Princeton... all of them... consecutively...

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Nightshape bagged it, but if that wasnt an option I think Id go watch Jesus to see if he really existed and how songofgod-like he really was. Subtitled, of course since I dont speak ancient arameic.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

For my silver ticket I'd like to go to the Iron Pony on a Thursday night ($10 all the draft you want) in 1990 and hang out with old friends especially Cindy, and watch her band (The Little Red Vettes) play.

interesting. my brother was in AIT in 1990, at camp pendleton. he went on to saudi arabia a few months later.

deep... never mind.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Nightshape bagged it, but if that wasnt an option I think Id go watch Jesus to see if he really existed and how songofgod-like he really was. Subtitled, of course since I dont speak ancient arameic.

This

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

For my silver ticket I'd like to go to the Iron Pony on a Thursday night ($10 all the draft you want) in 1990 and hang out with old friends especially Cindy, and watch her band (The Little Red Vettes) play.

interesting. my brother was in AIT in 1990, at camp pendleton. he went on to saudi arabia a few months later.

deep... never mind.

taks

I was there on Mainside for school for a few months at the end of 1990. After that I went to Okinawa and from there to Desert Shield. If you brother was in AIT he would have been up in San Onofre. No doubt he's told you stories about Old Smokey, Mt. Motherf****r and jumping spiders. Most were probably true!

Pendleton is huge. It's bigger than the state of Rhode Island. Someone once told me you could put all of Camp Lejune, Camp Geiger, and Cherry Point (the next three largest Marine bases) inside it.

Edited by Guard Dog

Thomas Sowell

Any show.. from any time..

hmmmmm

Watching the universe from start to finish is a good choice, but as Aram wrote;

Any god damn performance, and god damn show one human being put on for another in the history of showmanship.

and I don't think it was a human that started the Universe (but you never know).

I think I would ask to see Roger Waters/Pinkfloyd perform Dark Side of The Moon at Roskilde 06 with my buddies again..

Fortune favors the bald.

Surely watching Jesus would be of less practical use than watching Mohammed? Since he was the later prophet?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I think I'd want to see a comedy. Maybe, The Producers.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.