CIA torture directives

Walsingham

FoxNews.

Seems like they have been hiring some more sane people.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Just about every intelligence service in the world thought Saddam had WMD's, Saddam wanted everyone to think he had them. But yes, the faulty intelligence on WMD's coincided with the administration theory of remaking the Mid East and provided a convenient excuse, so the two went hand in hand.

Just about every intelligence service in the world? That's simply not true. Also, the most important party, the weapon inspectors, did not believe Iraq had and WMD capacity. And that's not counting the people in US intelligence who disagreed.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

The Bush administration did a number on Hans Blix, attempting to make him appear incompetent and naive, no different that what happens in an election. Fortunately it mostly backfired and Blix was able to respond later after he retired.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

However, Hans Blix said in late January 2003 that Iraq had "not genuinely accepted U.N. resolutions demanding that it disarm.
This issue is a lot more complicated than you guys make it out to be: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_and_weap...tions_1991-1998 Also I read that the real fear in the US after the anthrax attack was the believe that Iraq had weaponized smallpox, and the US had no defense against it. It was even considered to have the whole country immunized. Also there's evidence that Saddam planned to reconstitute his WMD program when opportunity arose.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

What evidence, old bits and parts of a non functioning enrichment facility appearing here and there.

But, I suppose in debunking the prewar scaremongering one can lose track of the fact that Sadam unquestionably would have developed whatever weapons he could to gain an advantage had he not been constantly pressured and threatened not to.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

What evidence, old bits and parts of a non functioning enrichment facility appearing here and there.

But, I suppose in debunking the prewar scaremongering one can lose track of the fact that Sadam unquestionably would have developed whatever weapons he could to gain an advantage had he not been constantly pressured and threatened not to.

And that Saddam was a disgusting dictator which the world is far better off without. If America had the capability to remain in Iraq indefinitely (now that they're there), I would cheer it on. But unfortunately, it doesn't, as it's extremely expensive. All we can hope now is that Iraq is stable and democratic enough on its own when America leaves (behind a small peacekeeping force).

One place I do support an indefinite presence in is Afghanistan, however.

Not that this has anything to do with the Bush administration's use of torture; it certainly doesn't justify it.

Not that this has anything to do with the Bush administration's use of torture; it certainly doesn't justify it.

keep in mind it is not just the US nor just the bush administration. this was just the period in time in which specific methods (and those involved) were actually uncovered and discussed publicly.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

keep in mind it is not just the US nor just the bush administration. this was just the period in time in which specific methods (and those involved) were actually uncovered and discussed publicly.

taks

Oh, I'm fully aware there are far worse bodies out there (both in terms of methods and frequency of use) - especially North African states, Iran, China, Russia, North Korea, Cuba, etc. Still, it's disconcerting that a US administration would have a hand in any sort of torture. It makes it a lot harder to criticise the aforementioned states for the same, for instance.

Not MY business tax!

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I don't see what WMD and Iraq has to do with the sanctioned use of torture.

And I'd like some credit for manfully not wading into the Iraq debate again.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

taks

Oh, I'm fully aware there are far worse bodies out there (both in terms of methods and frequency of use) - especially North African states, Iran, China, Russia, North Korea, Cuba, etc. Still, it's disconcerting that a US administration would have a hand in any sort of torture. It makes it a lot harder to criticise the aforementioned states for the same, for instance.

It's difficult to imagine how one can be surprised. If a government is willing to go to war and bomb hostile civillians to protect its interests, then it is not much of a stretch for it to torture enemies for that end as well.

Some people still think this world is a lala land.

Hostile civilians?

DublinGeorgiaTheSummerRedneckGames.jpg

There is a difference. One is saying you can aim to achieve your objectives while minimising suffering. the other is saying "There have to be more uses for pliers than we are crediting them with"

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.