I've started having a recurring dream that...

Daaave

I know everything there is to know about squids. I asked a friend of mine who knows someone who has a sister who is a squid and they told me. Just face facts, Mr Squid doesn't really love you. Ask him to look into your eyes while he says it, I bet he can't.

Edited by Daaave

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Well then he must always be sober. I see the way he treats you in public.

He just does that because he cares, he finds it hard to show affection so treats me like that. You're just jealous because squid-face hates you.

Very well,

Your life, as a bus, is moving. At certain stops, you attempt to get off, as in life you would attempt one thing or another, but for various reasons, you remain in a similar place, yet it is still a moving place. Thus we conclude that you aren't stagnated in your life and your decisions, but you persist to remain in a "home" area that occasionally you try to ditch. This dream does not signify a good or bad thing, just an observation about where you are. If you were frantic to leave the bus, we might infer something else.

And here I thought it was about getting older and older and looking back at the missed bus stops in life. The bus never turns back. It's all in the interpretation :-

You see, this is what I was after, I now feel all warm and snuggly inside, and also old. But that's nothing new anyway.

Take note Krezack, don't always have to be like that, it's ok to be nice occasionally.

You will die at the ripe old age of 84, alone, smelling of cat urine.

See, I can be nice. :shifty:

I know everything there is to know about squids. I asked a friend of mine who knows someone who has a sister who is a squid and they told me. Just face facts, Mr Squid doesn't really love you. Ask him to look into your eyes while he says it, I bet he can't.

I just asked him and he did. So take that! Steve on the other hand will never be able to look you on the eye. Except for when he's beating you. Mr. Squid would never beat me.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

• 1 month later...

I've realised that I've had many dreams over the past few years about impressive but weird hotels. Sometimes they're underground and quite dark, sometimes they're sky high and very clear. Mostly it's about me not being able to find my way out.

These dreams don't occur very often, but there definitely seems to be a recurring pattern in them when they do. I wonder what it means. I've never worked in a hotel. Maybe I should? Or maybe it's a warning that I never should (although I'm not a believer of the prophetic nature of dreams).

These dreams don't occur very often, but there definitely seems to be a recurring pattern in them when they do. I wonder what it means. I've never worked in a hotel. Maybe I should? Or maybe it's a warning that I never should (although I'm not a believer of the prophetic nature of dreams).

Maybe they aren't literally hotels, but symbolises something? Like places where you stay, but don't really belong to?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I seem to remember a H.P. Lovecraft novel with a dream sequence with a bus... or was it a tram? Hmm... or maybe I dreamt that..

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

I had a dream last night that I was wondering around the mall when one of those necromorphs from Dead Space just ran by like he was in a hurry to get somewhere. I was all like 'Hey guys, you see that? Maybe we should tell mall security.' And my friends were all 'We didn't see anything.'

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I think recurring dreams are a pretty rare occurrence... I, myself, have had the same dream twice only once in my life. The weirdest experience though is when you are having dreams that continue when you fall asleep again after having woken up from a nightmare...

For example, I do remember when I was a kid (8 years old approx) when I had this dream where some member of my family had turned into a vampire and was hiding in some corner of the house waiting for its next victim. I then woke up all scared and fell asleep again. Then, another member of my family had turned into a vampire. This would go on until all my family were vampires and I was left all alone! Fortunately, the nightmare ended there... It was weird though. This kind of experience may have happened two or three more times in my life... So it's a pretty rare thing too...

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

I had a dream that involved Alvin and the Chipmonks going all Lara Croft meets DnD. Simon and Theodore set off a trap and were getting buried alive by sand while in the next room Alvin was being attacked by multiple skeleton guards.

The chipmonks died. (tee hee)

:*

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

I've had recurring dreams as well as serial dreams (ends when you wake up but picks up the next night) or varation dreams (the same thing happens, but each time it

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Only once in my life did I have a recurring dream, when as a child, after every set of dreams I had, the last one ended with me on one side of a football-field sized field, with brick walls around it, and a light opening on the right corner of the other end in which my family would walk through. I would struggle as hard as I could to yell for them to wait, and I would try in vain to run and catch up, but they would continue going, and I would move slower and slower until everything faded into blackness.

Eventually this dream ceased to take place. The field resembled one very similar to the one at the church we attended when I was younger. In the dream, everything was darker, and things were only illuminated by the bright white light coming from the corridor on the other side of the field.

I've had color dreams, black and white dreams, dreams that were 'real,' dreams where I knew I was dreaming, dreams .

"Lucid Dreams"

Depending on your personality and strength of will, they can be an aweseome experience. You can model the universe around you, catering to your every whim and fantasy.

I've had plenty of nightmares where all I've left is the memory of the memory. I remember remembering the nightware shortly after waking up, but even a few minutes after, the big eraser will have wiped my memory of the images and specifics. Only two nightmares ever left such strong impressions that I remembered them years after.

One of them was rather bizarre (aren't they always), I dreamt that I was waking up because all my teeth were falling out of my mouth and landing in a little pile on my pillow. I desperately tried to shovel them back in my mouth, more and more frantically, but they kept seeping through my fingers and fall down in the little pile again. Like the sand grains in an hour glass... Maybe the concept of time scares me, maybe I just need to get an appointment with a dentist some day?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

the most recent dream I remember was one where I was somehow taken back into the navy and was doing everything in my power to prevent being tossed out again... weirdest part about that was I literally kept asking myself "why am I back here? This *****in sucks!" then the petty officers would go onto nice mean binges and then I woke up... hating myself for wanting to go back there for whatever reason.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

the most recent dream I remember was one where I was somehow taken back into the navy and was doing everything in my power to prevent being tossed out again... weirdest part about that was I literally kept asking myself "why am I back here? This *****in sucks!" then the petty officers would go onto nice mean binges and then I woke up... hating myself for wanting to go back there for whatever reason.

Masochist

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

One of the saddest days of my life was when I spent the morning flouncing about in the highest of spirits as I was in love. People noticed this, and it was only after great self-inquiry that I remembered that the person I'd fallen in love with had been in a lucid dream the previous night and was not in fact real. So be warned: be careful what you choose to dream about.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

• 3 weeks later...
Both last night and the one before that I dreamt of being in possession of counterfeit money. First time I had a

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm on a bus and can't get off it for various reasons (the reason changes with each dream), I have no idea why.

So I open it up to the floor here: is my brain taunting me? Is it a sign I'm getting ran over by a bus soon? Something else entirely?

Help me solve the riddle so that I may sleep easily.

The mocking children who are incapable of taking anything seriously aside...

Sadly there is no hard and firm meaning to people, places, events and things in a dream. (pick up 3 dream books and odds are you will get 3 different interpretations from the same thing) the reason being most things in a dream are not drawn from the collective consciousness but your own sub-consciousness. Thus meaning its not a universal archetypes most times but each thing in a dream as a personal definition for that person. With that said dream books are not useless but a good GENERAL guide book to open you mind to possible meanings. However simply keep in mind as I said above these books should not be taken black and white but shades of gray meaning wise.

With that said, a more useful book for you IMO would be a book at teaching you skills at lucid dreaming (taking control of your dream, as if you were a avatar in a video game). This way you can interact with your sub-conscious and prob get more info. Also you tend to recall details better after you wake up and that can really be the difference between understanding and not understanding what your sub-conscious is trying to tell your consciousness.

GENERALLY speaking from what you said I'll save you the time reading any dream books (though it still won't hurt you to skim a few and I still suggest it) your sub-conscious seems to be trying to relay to you about feeling out of control and trapped about something. Also the bus may represent a figure of power or authority in your life and the feeling they are driving your life or a aspect of your life and you feel powerless about it. Please note I am a tarot guy not a dream expert however after reading your post that was my initial impression.

Hope this is helpful.

Edited by TheHarlequin

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente