Max Payne 3 announced

Meshugger

Rhetorical Question: You're not supposed to answer it.

Dude, GTAIV is a friggin' huge hit. Calling MP3 a cash-in is just typical gamer pessimism/whininess. Rockstar can afford to take their time.

You can never have too much cash, but I guess we'll see when they release trailers etc.

My biggest gripe is that it's another studio doing it.

Max Payne was getting pretty Kitch, in a good way, by Max Payne 2. As someone already said it had a lot of self-humor. The psychedelic passages were over the top, and the bullet time gunfights worked well, not original or anything even back then, just well done.

If they keep the same approach it could be good, if they decide to re invent it and make it solely comic book gritty like the movie, it's probably going to be bad.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

One of the biggest problems with the Max Payne series was that later enemies took a million bullets before dieing. It was beyond funny when a dude gets shot in the gut(in a cut scene), limps around on rooftops, jumps on a train and then has a boss fight with you where you throw 3 molotov ****tails on him and empty 4 ingram clips into him to finally get a cutscene where he ACTUALLY dies.

Well, he was a supersoldier.

I don't remember anything about that. It was just a dude who betrayed you.

And toward the end most average thugs need two shotgun blasts to the face to die...

I don't remember the ending of 2 but I do remember the ending of Max1 was you using a grenade launcher to knock a radio antenna down on a helicopter.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Well, he was a supersoldier.

I don't remember anything about that. It was just a dude who betrayed you.

And toward the end most average thugs need two shotgun blasts to the face to die...

I don't remember the ending of 2 but I do remember the ending of Max1 was you using a grenade launcher to knock a radio antenna down on a helicopter.

You had to drop a really sharp piece of abstract art on the dude.

The puzzle-type bosses were pretty good, I just got annoyed when a desert eagle to the head didn't kill people anymore.

Awesome.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

In reference to boss fights lasting a life time:

First they explained it with how freaking doped up the boss gangsters were, like the leader of the Ragna Rock joint("The blood of angels, gaaa"), but towards the end the endless stream of bullet sponge g-men was starting to be a bit less droll. I liked that they dropped with the m4 pretty rapidly though.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I thought the first game was one really, really cool gimmick and not much else other than embarrassing writing and a bunch of Finnish guys populating the streets of NY. It only barely held my interest until the end of the game, so the third game in the series is really kind of pointless, to me.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I thought the first game was one really, really cool gimmick and not much else other than embarrassing writing and a bunch of Finnish guys populating the streets of NY. It only barely held my interest until the end of the game, so the third game in the series is really kind of pointless, to me.

And yet again we have someone writing about how disinterested they are about a game, in a thread dedicated to said game..

Please. Elaborate how not interested you are about this game. We're anxious to hear more about how this game will not suit you and how crappy it will be. Humour us.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I thought the second one was a really good shooter in its time and still a decent and funny romp with lots of metahumor nowadays.

The problem with both was that a lot of players just didn't find the bullet time mechanic interesting enough to finish the games or rate them very high. As shooters go, the amount and quality of writing was certainly up the bar and even over it. I mean, the contemporaries of Max Payne 1, Gunman et al, certainly played around with very different hooks.

This is where I disagree with many reviewers, the bullet time didn't get boring for me since I didn't see the basic essentials of shooter gameplay, point and shoot, reloading and cover, to be any different even though you were gliding mid-air in suppressed time. In that regard the game got boring just as fast, or not at all, as any fps or third person shooter in the market.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I thought the second one was a really good shooter in its time and still a decent and funny romp with lots of metahumor nowadays.

The problem with both was that a lot of players just didn't find the bullet time mechanic interesting enough to finish the games or rate them very high. As shooters go, the amount and quality of writing was certainly up the bar and even over it. I mean, the contemporaries of Max Payne 1, Gunman et al, certainly played around with very different hooks.

This is where I disagree with many reviewers, the bullet time didn't get boring for me since I didn't see the basic essentials of shooter gameplay, point and shoot, reloading and cover, to be any different even though you were gliding mid-air in suppressed time. In that regard the game got boring just as fast, or not at all, as any fps or third person shooter in the market.

I liked the bullet time as well. It was a bit boring that you only had shoot dodge and sloow bullet time. They should use some stuff from Stranglehold to spice up the gunplay. As bad as Stranglehold was, it had some awesome ideas with all the staircase running and table kicking. There should be more acrobatic stuff and more ways to interact with the environment. Maybe some Equilibrium or even Matrix-y stuff.