IGN's The Top 100 Game Creators of All Time

funcroc

Most of those people I never heard of so they can't be that important.

This level of ignorance is actually nauseating. February can't be over soon enough. Good ****ing riddance!

COme on, dude. That's harsh. DR brings her own slant to things without attacking anyone. Without her, and others, life on boards like this would be deadly dull.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

This level of ignorance is actually nauseating. February can't be over soon enough. Good ****ing riddance!

Up yours mother****er. :)

Yeah hit that report button, like I really give a ****.

Those other clowns calling themselves developers are nothing. Nothing.

R00fles!

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

COme on, dude. That's harsh. DR brings her own slant to things without attacking anyone. Without her, and others, life on boards like this would be deadly dull.

Don't even bother with that troll. He hates women, especially those who don't know "their place". He's been like that since day one here. I'm not the only one he has a chip on the shoulder for.

2010spaceships.jpg

"Don't even bother with that troll. He hates women, especially those who don't know "their place". He's been like that since day one here. I'm not the only one he has a chip on the shoulder for. "

Just because a guy says mean things to a woman doesn't mean he's sexist. Just when a black person is mean to a white person doesn't mean that person is racist.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Don't even bother with that troll. He hates women, especially those who don't know "their place". He's been like that since day one here. I'm not the only one he has a chip on the shoulder for.

"He hates women" Haha! Don

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Oddly I find myself echoing Mkreku's thoughts.

It really isn't just the ignorance, it's more of the fact that "Hey, here's a thread about a list, and here's a link to the list. Let's talk about it."

So if DR actually read through the list, she would learn about those creators and might actually have something to contribute to the conversation. But instead she probably never even opened the link and posted some lame comment that is a waste of everyone's time in this thread. And that really is her modus operandi, she makes one sentence posts that are a waste of bandwidth and have no humor, they don't express a particular viewpoint, they aren't even argumentative. They just waste space.

Lets discuss the topic and not the individual posters here.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Yep never read it or been there. :(

#100 Boon the back bone behind Mortal Kombat. It doesn't say in his little profile there, but you can find hidden references in the game that apply to his name.

#60 Jordan Mechner the brains behind the Persia games.

Edited by Dark_Raven

2010spaceships.jpg

I prefer to complain about serious issues, like when they shut down the Ice Cream shop that was just down the street from me. Tragedy!

I'm really not joking, every time I pass that place I sigh. It was dang good Ice Cream. Marble Slab Creamery.

If you are on the internet and you're not complaining, then you are not doing it right! :lol:

Ok. The best Ice cream shop is in Rome and I'm furious with all the other ice cream shops because they're not as good as the one in Rome! In fact I'm going to boycott all other ice cream shops until they're as good as the one in Rome. That'll show them!

I'm sorry but the best ice cream shop is in Firenze not Rome, and is managed by a guy who always looks like someone just killed his pet.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I've actually been to that ice cream shop in Florence (near the Ponte Vecchio I suspect). They were, indeed, delicious. However, the bill for two was eighteen euros, and that was almost four years ago.

As for top hundred games designers, where's the dude who wrote 'Adventure' for the original wood-panelled Atari?

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

I could only browse through numbers 100-50. Do you need to be a subscriber or something to see the rest or am I just missing something obvious? :huh:

Unless Rob Hubbard, Martin Galway, James D. Sachs, Ian Bell, David Braben, Mike Singleton, Anthony Crowther and Jeff Minter are to find among the second half, this would be a "The Top 100 Game Creators of All Time" in name only >_

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I've actually been to that ice cream shop in Florence (near the Ponte Vecchio I suspect). They were, indeed, delicious. However, the bill for two was eighteen euros, and that was almost four years ago.

As for top hundred games designers, where's the dude who wrote 'Adventure' for the original wood-panelled Atari?

Cheers

MC

Actually, that's not the one. the one I'm talking about was in a street off the beaten path, had almost no customers, and the owner seemed like he was actively trying to not get customers. And if my memory doesn't fail me a two flavour cone was something like 4 euros.

Also, still better than any ince cream shop in Rome.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

@Gorth

They release another ten each day. :huh:

Actually, that's not the one. the one I'm talking about was in a street off the beaten path, had almost no customers, and the owner seemed like he was actively trying to not get customers. And if my memory doesn't fail me a two flavour cone was something like 4 euros.

Also, still better than any ince cream shop in Rome.

Your memory does fail you since Rome has the better ice cream. >_<

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

@Gorth

They release another ten each day. :huh:

Thanks >_

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

4 Euros for an ice cream in Florence? By Odin's Raven I never suspected that was even possible!

I concede that The Eternal City has it's charms, I'm sure gelato is one of them. Bread is another. However, on my forays to Italy I seldom venture that far south.

Am happy that this otherwise rather dry thread has meandered so agreeably off-topic.

sonsofgygax.JPG