NFL Season 2009

Kelverin

Denver is dung. They got rid of a great coach and a great QB. Those are dumb, dumb, dumb moves.

R00fles!

Glad to see you haven't lost your illogical stupidity Volo. It wouldn't be the same if you did. Go Denver!

Edited by Dark_Raven

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

It's important not to fall too far behind. If you get 8-10 games behind everyone you end up looking for the upsets every week just to gain ground on everyone. Thats why it's better to play safe in the first few weeks. Hard to argue with Volo's start though.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

"It's important not to fall too far behind. If you get 8-10 games behind everyone you end up looking for the upsets every week just to gain ground on everyone."

Yup. This is also why I tend to almost always vote for the 'favorites' even though I realize every week there will be upsets. *cough* WSH-DET *cough* There's a reason why they're favorites.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Hehe. I watched the early games this past Sunday at a sports bar here in the DC 'burbs. There was one brave Lions fan there. He had a fun day taunting the locals. I was off in the corner by the TV showing NYG-TB, laughing my ass off.

@GD, I wouldn't blame the coach too much. Tampa's problems right now are primarily personnel-based. The good players on their defense got old and left/retired. They decided to go with a stable of young developmental QBs (Johnson and Freeman) and one veteran re-tread (Leftwich) instead of the proven (but ancient) starter they had last year. (Despite Volo's certain protestations, this is a completely valid strategy. You'll take a hit in year one, but the experience the young guys get helps them be better in years 2+ than they would if they were just riding the pine behind an entrenched "old ass" starter. Also, the count of teams who have cut Garcia since he left Tampa is now at 2-- maybe he's just not that good anymore.) Plus, their best OL and WR are hurt. Without Jeff Faine in there, Fred Robbins was eating the Bucs interior linemen for lunch. If you're going to blame someone, blame the GM for not having competent replacements in line to replace the defensive vets, for not having quality depth at OL and WR, and for not finding a better short-term fill-in at QB than Leftwich.

Edited by Enoch

Week 4 schedule

Sunday, October 4 early games

* Detroit (1-2,win) at Chicago (2-1, 2 win)

* Cincinnati (2-1, 2 win) at Cleveland (0-3)

* Seattle (1-2) at Indianapolis (3-0)

* NY Giants (3-0) at Kansas City (0-3)

* Baltimore (3-0) at New England (2-1, win)

* Tampa Bay (0-3) at Washington (1-2, loss)

* Tennessee (0-3) at Jacksonville (1-2, win)

* Oakland (1-2, loss) at Houston (1-2, loss)

Sunday, October 4 late games

* NY Jets (3-0) at New Orleans (3-0)

* Buffalo (1-2, loss) at Miami (0-3)

* St. Louis (0-3) at San Francisco (2-1, loss)

* Dallas (2-1, win) at Denver (3-0)

Sunday, October 4 night game

* San Diego (2-1, win) at Pittsburgh (1-2, 2 loss)

Monday, October 5

* Green Bay (2-1, win) at Minnesota (3-0)

Bye week: Atlanta, Philadelphia, Arizona, Carolina

Yeah, I'm starting to question Garcia's health. I mean it makes sense that Philly let him go now that their backup has proven to be solid, and it's typical for the Raiders to make bad decisions, so it might just be bad luck. But he also had some sort of injury that kept him out of the early preseason, so who knows?

"Also, the count of teams who have cut Garcia since he left Tampa is now at 2-- maybe he's just not that good anymore.) "

You should look at the teams involved before saying silly stuff. Oakland is a joke, and Philly's overstuff with QBs espciially since Kolb is showing he cna play some NFL football. Heck, there's talk of Philly potentially trading a certain someone (likely won't happen). Garcia is a good QB, who has succeeded quite well. It's no coincidence that both teams that dumped him (TB & OAK) suck. Poor personnel decisions like this are a key reason why.

Detroit at Chicago - Chicago, another losing streak begins for the lions

Cincinnati at Cleveland

Seattle at Indianapolis - Indianapolis, they have not missed a step without tony and manning is as good as it gets

NY Giants at Kansas City

Baltimore at New England - Baltimore the more complete team and still not sure if welker will play if he does, NE wins.

Tampa Bay at Washington

Tennessee at Jacksonville - Jacksonville, I will not pick Tenn with Collins at QB or until they win a game, what a disappointment they are.

Oakland at Houston - Lol at the faiders

NY Jets at New Orleans - New Orleans, game of the week? I would take the JETS, if in NY. To think the chargers interviewed both Ryan and Singltary before

picking Norv as head coach :(

Buffalo at Miami - Buffalo, Henne is a terrible QB and Thigpen whom I like won't be ready.

St. Louis at San Francisco - San Francisco is real and the rams are a mess

Dallas at Denver

San Diego at Pittsburgh - No way the chargers win this, banged up OL, DL, no running game, they have never, ever won in pitt during the regular season, and norv is our coach. CHARGERS (one reason I won't win this thing is I never pick against my team)

Green Bay at Minnesota - Minnesota. I hope they win 51 - 0 with Farve 26 - 30, 412 yards an 5 TD passes and 1 rushing TD.

Edited by Kelverin

Detroit at Chicago - CHI

Cincinnati at Cleveland - CIN

Seattle at Indianapolis - INDY

NY Giants at Kansas City - NYG

Baltimore at New England - NE

Tampa Bay at Washington - WSH

Tennessee at Jacksonville - TEN

Oakland at Houston - HOU

NY Jets at New Orleans - NO

Buffalo at Miami - BUF

St. Louis at San Francisco - SF

Dallas at Denver - DAL

San Diego at Pittsburgh - PIT

Green Bay at Minnesota - MIN

Detroit at Chicago - CHI

Cincinnati at Cleveland - CIN (The Browns are a complete freakin mess.)

Seattle at Indianapolis - IND

NY Giants at Kansas City - NYG

Baltimore at New England - BAL (I think Baltimore's D can slow the Pats. I'm not sure if the converse is true of NE's D.)

Tampa Bay at Washington - WAS

Tennessee at Jacksonville - TEN

Oakland at Houston - HOU (But it'll be closer than most think.)

NY Jets at New Orleans - NO

Buffalo at Miami - MIA (I've got a hunch that Ronnie Brown takes this one over.)

St. Louis at San Francisco - SF

Dallas at Denver - DAL (The JV portion of the Broncos schedule is over.)

San Diego at Pittsburgh - PIT

Green Bay at Minnesota - MIN (Rodgers out-performs Favre, but Peterson out-performs all.)

Edited by Enoch

Detroit at Chicago - Can the Lions go two in a row? No. Bears win

Cincinnati at Cleveland - As Enoch put it, Browns are a mess. Bengals win

Seattle at Indianapolis - Hard to bet against Indy this year. Colts win

NY Giants at Kansas City - KC is giving up over 350 yds per game and now the Giants are in town. Uh-oh. Giants win

Baltimore at New England - I will defiitely be watching this one. Ravens win

Tampa Bay at Washington - Bucs are depserate but Washington will be mad after last weekend. Redskins win

Tennessee at Jacksonville - Both of these teams are disappointing this year. Jags win

Oakland at Houston - I think last week was a fluke and the Texans are pretty good. Texans win

NY Jets at New Orleans - I've picked against the Jets every week and they have burned me evey week. Here's to persitience! Saints.

Buffalo at Miami - Dolphins finally get the W and Henne has a big start. Dolphins win.

St. Louis at San Francisco - The Rams are on the clock. 49ers win

Dallas at Denver - Barber is back this week but there is no D in Dallas right now. Broncos win

San Diego at Pittsburgh - Steelers rebound with a win. Steelers win.

Green Bay at Minnesota - I wish this game was in Green Bay. Vikings win.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Detroit sucks. I only watch them because of Stafford. He ruled when he played for Georgia.

Would love to see the Vikings in Green Bay. Favre would have to endure the hate from his former fans. He's the enemy now. Go Green Bay.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

So far everyone did well. That Dallas Denver game was the best one today. The Bucs stunk of course but no news there.

Thomas Sowell

This weeks results:

GD 13-1

Volo 12-2

Enoch 11-3

Kelverin 10-4

Season Totals:

Volo 48-14

GD 42-20

Kelverin 40-22

Enoch 37-25

FYI, Enoch did not make a pick on the first game so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and a win so everyones records are based on the same number of picks.

Edit: Doh! Fixed it. Thanks Gfted!

Edited by Guard Dog

Thomas Sowell

GB is trash. Does anyone still really believe that Brett Favre is too old to play NFL football? Seriously, dudez, get off the crackpipe.

Ask again in late December. That's when durability matters (and when Favre flamed out last year).

Edited by Enoch

"Ask again in late December. That's when durability matters (and when Favre flamed out last year). "

*yawn* Even if Gb beats MIN it still wouldn't mean Favre is too old to play in the NFL. Or is Rogers too old to play because he lost last night? L0LZ

And, Favre 'flamed' out because he was injured and the Jets were a joke the year before. He had horrible teammates who would rather trash and lay the blame on just one guy instead of looking at their own failures while Minny is all about the team.

Favre led the Jets to a 9-7 record just missing the playoffs with a team that was HORRIBLE the season before, and made the Pro Bowl. Now so bad for an 'old geezer' who people claims isn't good enough for the NFL.

Bottom line is that Favre is NOT too old to play in the league.

Period.

P.S. Rogers has as many losing seasons as Favre did after 1 season and Favre has played way more seasons. What a joke.

I saw flashes of goodness (not greatness) in Josh Johnson in the Bucs game this week. I'd rather have seen Josh Freeman though. As for Farve, I don't know what he's on but he can still play. I am curious to see the reaction he'll get in Green Bay but to tell the truth I'd be very surprised if it was not positive.

Thomas Sowell