NFL Season 2009

Kelverin

He's also been technically suspended already for over a year.

I wouldn't mind an actual suspesnion but the idea of a 'semi reinstatement' is lame. Either reinstate him or don't.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

• 3 weeks later...

It's not about justice for the commish or the NFL, it's about power. They need to show those evil millionaire players while the players get the money and the fame; it's the league who has the control, the power, and with a snap of their fingers the players are still nobodies who cna be squashed like the bugs they are. Players are basically highly paid servants who need to kiss their masters' butts.

And Michael Vick goes to... the Philadelphia Eagles!

Sometimes it's nice to be a Giants fan-- the division rivals just keep supplying us with loads of reasons to hate them! Tank Johnson... Dan Snyder... Terrell Owens (twice!)... the Jones Pacman and Jerry... and now Mike Vick.

Hopefully this works out as well as the rest of these names have so that we can add some schadenfreude to the experience!

Actually, this is a good move by Philly, and makes me as a Giants fan like them more. It also makes me smile because of all the 'expert pundits' who were claiming that Vick's career was over. Once again, I was proven correct. :)

Which is why he's the back up...

Maybe this isn't an issue in Philly, but is he worth the PR hit if he is just going to ride the pine?

They'll run some special formations and packages to get him on the field-- "Wildcat"-type stuff, which they did a little of last season with DeSean Jackson at QB. If they can get a few big plays out of putting him in for 5-10 snaps per game, it'll be worth the investment to them.

Which is why he's the back up...

Maybe this isn't an issue in Philly, but is he worth the PR hit if he is just going to ride the pine?

No such thing as bad PR, they are looking to steal some thunder from the phillies as well. Vick can play, light a fire under #5. Win, win as far as I am concerned. The man paid the price time to move on.

There is no bigger dog lover around here than me and I say let him play. He served his time, he's square with the house again. I dare say he won't do it again. Even in his prime he was not half the QB McNabb is so I doubt #5 is feeling any pressure. And if Vick does something spectacular that leads to a win that will go a long way to muting the controversy. At least among Eagles fans.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Great preseason game tonight giants against the panthers, what an ending. The giants front 7 and depth is scary good.

In lol news

"NAPA, Calif. -- Oakland Raiders head coach Tom Cable denied reports on Monday that he punched defensive assistant Randy Hanson in the jaw and caused injuries that required treatment at a hospital earlier this month."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4405681

Great preseason game tonight giants against the panthers, what an ending. The giants front 7 and depth is scary good.

The scary part is that they played that game without 3 DTs who are certain to see regular season action (Canty, Robbins, and Bernard). The two starting CBs also sat it out. You can never have too many pass rushers...

EDIT: Here is the last play of the game, for people who missed it.

In lol news

"NAPA, Calif. -- Oakland Raiders head coach Tom Cable denied reports on Monday that he punched defensive assistant Randy Hanson in the jaw and caused injuries that required treatment at a hospital earlier this month."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4405681

081105_cable_call.jpg

From what I've heard, the altercation began because Henson was insisting that Cable "roll on Shabbos."

Edited by Enoch

Yeah, like I said before, GB fans are like ex lover who no longer wants the person but also believes that person belongs to them and nobody else should have them. Talk about an abusive relationship.

eh, its not really that simple, like the majority of fans I'm a little tired of Farve's spiel. He seems to need more attention than your average musical theater major. In any case its pretty likely that being dependent on a player who is 40+ to man the most important position on the team will backfire for Minny.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I'd say the wishy-washy stuff is the real issue, it isn't just Packer fans, it seems like a large part of the media is down on him. It does make some sense, he's turning into the boy who cried wolf with his retirement stuff.

But as a player, I think he can help quite a few teams. Minny didn't have a good quarterback situation to begin with, and if Favre plays like he did at the start of last season, then it is an upgrade for them.

Burress pleads guilty on felony charge

NEW YORK -- Former New York Giants receiver Plaxico Burress pleaded guilty to a weapons charge and agreed to a two-year prison term for accidentally shooting himself at a Manhattan nightclub.

Burress pleaded guilty Thursday morning to one count of attempted criminal possession of a weapon, a lesser charge than he initially faced. Under a plea agreement, he agreed to a two-year prison sentence and two years of supervised release.

Burress was indicted earlier this month on two counts of criminal possession of a weapon and one count of reckless endangerment. He faced a minimum sentence of 3

Edited by Gfted1