NFL Season 2009

Kelverin

Who would have thought the Jets would shut down th Chargers like that. You could tell they were frustrated by all of the stupid penalites they were drawing. Well, Kelverin, at least spring training starts in five weeks. Oh... wait. Thats not good news for you either. :lol:

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

INDY vs NYJ - This won't even be close. Colts will win going away.

MIN vs NO - This could go either way, and it will be interesting. Petersen is the one who decide this game. He has not been the ASP of old this season as he's been legitly overshadowed by Favre this year. I think Minny and AP will put it out but...

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I'll take the safe bet and go with the home teams

* New York Jets at Indianapolis Colts - I would really like to see the J-E-T-S take the Colts, but......can't see it happening.

* Minnesota Vikings at New Orleans Saints - Like to see the old man get another shot at the SB, but.......

3 of the 4 remaining teams are dome teams, I hate dome teams. I hate playoff football, no make that any football played indoors in January. At least the SB is being played outside.

Oh... wait. Thats not good news for you either. :lol:

Better for us than most teams including the Bucs ;)

You wound me sir! :lol:

How ironic is it that on the 30th anniversary of the Jets Colts Superbowl (Namath's guarantee) the Jets and Colts will play to see who goes to the Superbowl, which incidently is once again in Miami! This time though, the Colts are going to win. I'm looking for an upset in the Big Easy. I'm taking the Vikings to stun the Saints.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Would it be an actual upset? I dunno. Yeah, NO is favored, but it's not it be shocking of MIn wins. Now, if Ny wins. That's n upset. A disgusting upset. My wish for that game, is for INDY to win HUGE, then begin taunting the arrogant punks and really pile the points on. NY deserves that.

I'm not sure who to root for. I'd like Peyton to get another ring, but the Saints are making their first trip to the big game and the community is really running with it.

Peyton is a lock for the HoF already, but Drew Brees has the potential, and a win for him would really help his credentials.

Go peyton! Solidify your already admitted awesome. A win here should end ALL talk of Manning's supposed 'choking'.

Colts should be heavily favored but I wouldn't rule out NO out. They have a great team also led by a fantastic QB.

All the silliness about how this is all about Katrina is sickening, though. I like Peyton, but at this point, I might cheer against NO just out of the arrogance of people who believe NO has a 'devine right' to a SB victory simply because of the terrible thing that happened 4ish years ago. It belittles the talent on the team.

NO is in the SB because they are that damn good. Not because of 'divine right' of feeling sorry for a pathetic city so full of itself that it feels 'owed' a win. You aren't owed ANYTHING NO. If your teams wins it is because they are good not because you morally owed it.

OFFICIAL PREDICTION: INDY wins as it is hard to bet against Peyton espicially since I think he's having his best season (team should be undefeated, stupid coach); but NO has a legit chance to win.

The winner will win by 1 td or less, and it'll be solely based on a late awesome drive by either QB.

P.S. SB or no SB, Brees is virtually a lock for the HOF. He just needs longetivty, and he's in.

Edited by Volourn

Oh, give it up.

Huh? Drew Brees is a fantastic QB, and if he plays like he has for the next decade, he will be in the HoF. That is what I've already said. But the next decade is a long time, and there are plenty of QB's that have put in a couple great seasons but fallen short in the end. Trent Green, Drew Bledsoe, and Boomer Esiason come to mind, but I'm sure there are dozens more out there.

And the Superbowl ring is a major part of any HoF bid. When you look at the list, there are only a couple QB's in the Hall that have not won a ring, Warren Moon and Dan Marino being the two that stick out to me.

Yeah, but you stated the obvious. I *know* that longevity is not easy in the NFL which is why I mentioned it as the thing he truly needs to qualify for HOF 'cause his statsa re more than enough as is - espicially the last 4 seasons - and, now with a SB appearance in his pocket - win or looss he gots what he needs. On top ofm that, depsite the huge sloppiness for both teams in the game on Sunday, Brees is the one guy who played well throughout.

I really don't get why everybody gets their panties in a bunch over sports hall of fame selections. Here's everything I need to know about the Hall: 1) inductees are selected by sports journalists; 2) sports journalists, by and large, are idiots (this is especially true in football, where the gap between an expert's (read: coach or smart player) understanding of the game and a layman's understanding of the game

). Yeah, it's fun to talk about the stars of yesteryear and compare them in our minds, but the selections that these bozos make and the criteria on which they base them should by no means be taken seriously.

No, he answered his own.

He wrote at the start of his post :"I really don't get why everybody gets their panties in a bunch over sports hall of fame selections"

It may not have any actual ? at the end but he's obviously asking.

Kurt Warner announced his retirement. I know he doesn't have the long career, but I see him as a shoe-in for the Hall of Fame. Three Superbowl appearances, and in every one of them he played fantastic.

Not just that but a number of record breaking seasons including most yards and most completions. That 2001 Rams team, The Greatest Show on Turf, was really good. I thnk Warner does deserve to be there.

Thomas Sowell

• 2 weeks later...

Damn. NO won. Now we have to hear about how it was defined by some lame religion when, in fact, it's ebcause they (i mean brees) played awesome. Manning did too until this game ending interception. If it wans't for that inetrception, i'd say they should be co MVPs. Now, the obvious choice is Brees hands down.

Great game, great win for NO, Indy played well too. The game was everything you could want. It did not have the last minute drama of the previous two but still great to watch. The Who get 4 out of 5 stars for the half time show. Like Hurlie said, they are looking a little long in the tooth. Some great commercials too. My favorite was the Doritos commercial with the dog and the anti bark collar. I also loved the McDonalds one with Larry Bird, Lebron and the other guy (can't remember his name) that was a take on the HORSE ads from the 90s. Too bad MJ could not be in it too.

Thomas Sowell

I think the only real difference between the two teams was the receivers. The Saint's really got it done with the ball, and that two point conversion was phenomenal. The Colts dropped a few big ones and it really made the difference.