TSL Restoration Project: The Phantom Deadline, READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING

Also; 80% of the bugs Miltiades reported are from VANILLA TSL.

So they say nothing at all about TSLRP stability.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

This has been going on for how many years and still isn't done?

This'll be its fourth year.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

I have offered to let one of the programmers on my payroll to work full time on finishing this project and have each time been ignored. They clearly do not want the project finished quickly and Darth "I'm-on-the-beta-team-who-wants-to-touch-me" Windu berated me for even offering my time and money, (for free on top). I may or may not just have my people finish this mod based on the leaked beta during the summer, depending on my resources and inclination.

I have offered to let one of the programmers on my payroll to work full time on finishing this project and have each time been ignored. They clearly do not want the project finished quickly and Darth "I'm-on-the-beta-team-who-wants-to-touch-me" Windu berated me for even offering my time and money, (for free on top). I may or may not just have my people finish this mod based on the leaked beta during the summer, depending on my resources and inclination.

Big words, you better deliver.

No really, i am rooting for you, the more competition, the better.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Haha, still with this? Sure dude, can you have them look at Duke Nukem Forever, while they're at it?

God couldn't get Duke Nukem Forver out if he threatened 3D realms with eternal damnation. I don't even want it to come out because the adventure of watching it's development is infinately more fun then the game itself could ever provide.

Haha, still with this? Sure dude, can you have them look at Duke Nukem Forever, while they're at it?

God couldn't get Duke Nukem Forver out if he threatened 3D realms with eternal damnation. I don't even want it to come out because the adventure of watching it's development is infinately more fun then the game itself could ever provide.

I guess it depends on which deity you believe then, right? If you're going to pray to a mythological creature for salvation and inspiration, you might as well throw in Duke Nukem Forever (and a bug-busting, plot-development Obsidian-made expansion/patch to TSL). Otherwise, it seems a rather pointless (mind you I consider myself an antitheist, so apologies to anyone if I have offended their spiritual beliefs).

But seriously dude, assuming you have actually hired people to do this and you aren't talking nonsense (to put it politely), why not get on with it and start your own thread or website and ignore what Team Gizka is doing with their project? Maybe there you can even showcase all the improvement and what your goals and targets are, you know?

Darth "I'm-on-the-beta-team-who-wants-to-touch-me" Windu

hmm...I quite like that nickname, as long as you don't do any of the touching...

Moving right along to whom exactly have you offered your services to? Regardless though this is Dashus' project, if he wants to ignore your help then that's his decision.

TSLRP Closed Beta Tester

Plenty has been done since then. Only 1(ONE!) bug has been resolved (on Dec. 4), but 40+(OVER FORTY!) more bugs have been found and reported since then.

Having the betatesters reporting bugs is not "a lot of work". Actually fixing bugs is the tricky part, which Team-Gizka haven't bothered to do :aiee:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Having the betatesters reporting bugs is not "a lot of work".

It is when you consider that they have to sit down and play through the game to find said bugs. You might say 'hey, what's hard about having to play a game?'. But you forget that the beta testers, those poor souls, have been constantly playing the game for the last 4 years. No game can be viewed as being fun after its 400th play through.

Actually fixing bugs is the tricky part, which Team-Gizka haven't bothered to do original.gif

You don't know that, I don't know that. All we know is that they haven't updated the bug-list - which is the least important part of the project. Which would you rather have them do? Sit down and fix the bugs or spend all day writing them on the websight?

Edited by Darth Mortis

I don't see how it would take 'all day' to update a web-page like Mantis. Or even post a message there saying that they are 'too busy working on bugs to update bug-list page'. Compare that to the work confirmed and amount of updates that preceeded the unfortunate leaking of beta and you can see why people are doubting the development of the mod since then.

I don't see how it would take 'all day' to update a web-page like Mantis. Or even post a message there saying that they are 'too busy working on bugs to update bug-list page'. Compare that to the work confirmed and amount of updates that preceeded the unfortunate leaking of beta and you can see why people are doubting the development of the mod since then.
No, I don't think the team members would ignore Mantis if a bug was fixed or changed status. It's used for a purpose.

It is understandable that people doubt the mod's future when there's a long time with absence of progress. I'd be lying if I told you that the mod is progressing swiftly at this moment. Dashus has had some real life issues (and not so much issues) in these last few months, and progress (in the sense of bugs being fixed, not reported) is at a standstill right now. You just have to look at the Mantis to come to that conclusion. I can say, however, that the mod's future is not in jeopardy. Dashus did let us know what he was planning in the foreseeable future concerning the mod, which made things much clearer for us Beta testers. I don't know if Dashus would be happy with me telling the public what he said to us, so I'll not divulge. Dashus will make known when he... feels like it, I guess.

On the other hand, and I'm not sure I should be telling you this either, but there's something else moving right now concerning the mod. Hopefully, if all goes well, you should be noticing something in the near-future.

Hope this is the right place for this, but is a possible to do the lightsaber training if you built a double-bladed one as your own? Because whenever I do that, no matter how many lightsabers I collect, Kreia always says to wait till I have a lightsaber. I have 3 single bladed + 2 doublebladed (including the one I built) + Visas, and I still can't do it.

Also, something I thought I'd mention is the handmaidan seems to have the ability to make the weapon she was equipped with disappear when you get on the ship. It usually comes back when you leave, but during the ending sequence(s) after Dantooine I lost 2 weapons into thin air that way.

Edited by Vequor

Nope, definitely the wrong place for this, it has nothing to do with the topic of this thread. You should start your own thread to ask a unrelated question like that, or find an existing thread with the same topic to post in via the forum search function.

Edited by cogadh

Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the dogs of War!

userbar2kq0.jpg

cogadh.jpeg

Sorry then, I thought this was the thread for discussing anything related to TSLRP (couldn't exactly what it was from the first post and saw some bug reports earlier on), this and the above post of mine can be deleteed.

Edited by Vequor

I guess it depends on which deity you believe then, right? If you're going to pray to a mythological creature for salvation and inspiration, you might as well throw in Duke Nukem Forever (and a bug-busting, plot-development Obsidian-made expansion/patch to TSL). Otherwise, it seems a rather pointless (mind you I consider myself an antitheist, so apologies to anyone if I have offended their spiritual beliefs).

But seriously dude, assuming you have actually hired people to do this and you aren't talking nonsense (to put it politely), why not get on with it and start your own thread or website and ignore what Team Gizka is doing with their project? Maybe there you can even showcase all the improvement and what your goals and targets are, you know?

If I were to start such a project I would not tell anyone until it was done because I don't believe in getting peoples hopes up, and life being what it is I never know when I might be prevented from finishing the project myself. The last thing this community needs is a second let down, and I would rather not have my house torched. My not personally giving a rats behind about this mod is also a consideration, although I do care that the community deserves to have their patience rewarded.

That's right, altruism isn't dead yet.

I am basically in the "Do I really wanna invest my time and money in this" phase and I will have decided at the end of the month. If I do decide to finish it then it will be quietly and without announcement until it is finished.