What are you playing now?

SteveThaiBinh

if you want to level faster, at 47 you ought to switch to protection spec and pick up tanking gear. Mainly because you can gather up a large number of enemies and kick the crap out of them (you kill 1 mob at the same rate as 7 ish mobs in prot spec).

I've gone from level 1 to 50 in eight days. I'm fine with my leveling rate.

And no, I don't want to be a tank. If I wanted to play sword and board, I'd have picked up a warrior and done just that.

JESUS you level fast. ;) That said the biggest thing that prot trees have over other trees is the ability to solo elite mobs.
That said, you really don't know what it feels like to not be contributing anything, in the olden days before 3.0 Tanking consisted of generating threat while doing 200 damage per second. so if you were the off tank, you did NOTHING until you had a trash pull to deal with.

1) I have tanked pre-3.0.

2) Sitting in the middle of a mob, generating threat and doing 200 dps is still contributing more to a raid than standing around doing nothing.

3) Contributing to a guild has nothing to do with dps/healing/tanking. I have my BS up to 300, can I make something for my guildmates? No, they're all level 70. I have my mining up to 300, can I gather mats for them? Nope. Can I answer questions they might have? Nope. Can I help them with a difficult quest? Nope.

At the end game, Blacksmithing probably has the least to contribute to a progressing guild. Mainly because all the epics crafted from it are easily trashed by what you get in Naxxaramas and other instances.

I also love what they've done in 3.0 to tanking, I generate stupid amounts of threat per second, and do over 1000 dps in raids.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Tried to play a bit of BG2. Made it to the D'Arnise keep. Then the game becomes unplayable everytime I enter the second floor. After a few seconds, it just slows down to a crawl, going slower and slower until the application "stops working" and I can close the program ;)

Maybe it doesn't like my new PC, maybe it was one of the mods, no idea. I might just have to relegate it to my old PC.

*Sniff*

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

STALKER: Clear Sky

Still really need to finish Tomb Raider Anniversary and Persona 4.

And get started on Arcanum. But I'm stuck at character creation. I want to create something fun, but am afraid the game will kick my butt for not being combat focused. How is it about that kind of thing?

And I'm heavily tempted to reinstall Warcraft 3 to replay the campaign.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

At the end game, Blacksmithing probably has the least to contribute to a progressing guild. Mainly because all the epics crafted from it are easily trashed by what you get in Naxxaramas and other instances.

I also love what they've done in 3.0 to tanking, I generate stupid amounts of threat per second, and do over 1000 dps in raids.

It's good to see tanking getting some love. Hope my server updates soon.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

STALKER: Clear Sky

One would kinda expect game deveopers to get tired of the whole "walk through door, door locks behind you, monsters come out, door unlocks when all monsters are dead" thing.

But no.

Its like having the female trip over a root when running away from the killer.

It's just too easy to not do.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

It's good to see tanking getting some love. Hope my server updates soon.

Yeah, the Devs realized that the way tanking was was kinda jacked so they put together new agro rules and completly redrew the board for Agro and tanking. Now agro is primarily gained using high threat/high damage abilities (we don't approach Mage's or any other class in terms of dps, every class got an OBSCENE damage boost with 3.0) rather than just High Threat abilities.

If you're on a private server you probably won't get the update unless you upgrade yourself to Wrath (because at any other level besides 80 things are HORRIBLY unbalanced). Also on my warrior I got a couple of fun pulling tools (instead of having to actually use my ranged weapon) I got heroic throw which I basically chuck my melee weapon at an opponent, and because it's talented it silences upon impact. I've also got a 30 yd taunt (that was in the most recent patch... 3.0.;) and a charge usable in combat to zip around and grab things.

Tried to play a bit of BG2. Made it to the D'Arnise keep. Then the game becomes unplayable everytime I enter the second floor. After a few seconds, it just slows down to a crawl, going slower and slower until the application "stops working" and I can close the program ;)

Maybe it doesn't like my new PC, maybe it was one of the mods, no idea. I might just have to relegate it to my old PC.

*Sniff*

If you have a Geforce card, they don't play nice with older 2D games.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Finished Mirror's Edge - and I really loved it!

I am a fan of that kind of self tortur though (the old NES platforming kind). But after a short while I got used to the mechanics, the only thing that really bothered me was that sometimes I couldn't really figure out where to go.

Combat was cool though and I didn't find it gimped like most people seem to say, I thought the guns handled quite realistically for a skinny girl with no weapons training. Even so I often took out one SWAT dude and used his guns to kill the rest.. Even made some pretty cheesy 80'es moves, where I would slide past a gun, grab it and start shooting John Woo style.. :lol:

Fortune favors the bald.

Replaying STALKER, Shadow of Chernobyl. Lightly modded this time. The bug fixing project, some graphics enhancers and a repair mod. I wish I could find another mod that I've used previously though. It affected all the traders, and made them sell more varied stuff (you could buy some of the more powerful stuff off of them). What was great though was that they also made traders really stingy with money, so you really had to save up if you wanted to get a particular item. I believe it may also have affected drop rates on enemies, but not sure about that one.

Can't find the bloody thing, argh. The game was so much better with it.

Still greatly enjoy it though. As much as I like the gameplay of Clear Sky and some of the improvements, Shadow of Chernobyl is so much more atmospheric and "barren".

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Played some FEAR, and thought of something

So, Fettel and the Point Man are the child of Alma, Alice Wade is Alma's sister, so Harlan Wade had a second child of his own 16 years after the first one? WTF!?

Tried to play a bit of BG2. Made it to the D'Arnise keep. Then the game becomes unplayable everytime I enter the second floor. After a few seconds, it just slows down to a crawl, going slower and slower until the application "stops working" and I can close the program >_

*Sniff*

If you have a Geforce card, they don't play nice with older 2D games.

Nah, ATI card. I might just try a new install without any of the fixpack etc. If that doesn't do it, it gets to run on my old computer (where it used to run fine for a number of years).

In the meantime, I bought myself Europa Universalis: Rome (I didn't really like the demo, but it was dirt cheap at 20 Aussie dollars) and Microsoft Flight Simulator X Deluxe plus Acceleration Expansion pack. Should keep me occupied a bit.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Me and my friends tried playing through L4D co-op again but on impossible and hard mode. That wasnt at all as much fun as playing easier difficulties where you can goof around. It took us almost 6 hours to finish just the hospital scenario and afterwards we were so exhausted that we stopped playing. And everyone died except our resident quakemaster

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Me and my friends tried playing through L4D co-op again but on impossible and hard mode. That wasnt at all as much fun as playing easier difficulties where you can goof around. It took us almost 6 hours to finish just the hospital scenario and afterwards we were so exhausted that we stopped playing. And everyone died except our resident quakemaster

I don't know where you got caught. But still tips:

One of the rules of Expert is that you HAVE to use rescue closets to funnel the horde to you.

Also if you can don't use your Kit unless absolutely necessary, survive on pills

When tanks show up, whoever he targets runs like the dickens while everyone else puts shells into the things back (also ignition of your tank will cause it to die in a set amount of time no matter what)

Avoid Witches, if you can't set up a firing line and cut loose

Bash is your friend.

Current list:

-> Uncharted Waters 2 (or, New Horizons): Koei sailor/trader simulation from my youth. Loved it back then.

-> Morrowind. A lot less facepalm than Obv/FO3, but obviously deficiencies in other areas. I think I still prefer it though.

-> Shadow President.

Recently played through Dead Space. Man, it was awesome. Wasn't scary at all, which disappointed me, but the combat was cool like a ghoul. I also played through Sacrifice again, which is the coolest game I never heard of (until gog.com added it to their site). Right now I'm thinking of (finally) playing through Bloodlines as a Malkavian. I've been putting that off for too long.

Still playing STALKER. Just did the Underground/Find documents at Agroprom mission and it was incredibly awesome. When I got out of the underground it was in the middle of the night so I really couldn't see much. Managed to take out 1 soldier before I messed up and was spotted. Then it started raining really heavily. To top it off, I was very low on medkits (they never drop when you need them it seems).

Sitting there alone in the pitch-black, rainy night, while all these soldiers are looking for ya, while hanging on to your last medkit... Expecting a burst of hot lead scare you to death at any time. Man, it's so awesome.

There are not many games that would make me write this way about them, but occasionally STALKER just kicks your ass with all kinds of win.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 via LAN - thanks to everyone who said that the co-op was worth the $10, it really is. We've just cleared the first real level -the one after the prologue- and have been having a blast. :lol:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot