CANADA MAY NO LONGER BE A DEMOCRACY!

Volourn

*sigh*

... Harper, you moron. Now we get another useless 300 million dollar federal election.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Harper's not the moron here. He's trying to do his job. The others are playing politics. (well, I'm sure he is too to a point heh).

Well, he started the ****storm. But seriously, the federal elections are over since a month or so, the american election since another month, and Quebec is in provincial elections right now. I don't think I could take much more.

Bah, they're all doing something wrong. They all sound like they're screwing up in some terrible way. Harper does the job alright, except on the side of environment, but hey, Dion didn't have a better plan.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Yeah, Harper 'started' it by possibly knocking off government handouts for election moneys. That's his great sin. Not a good enough reason for the others to either a) force a new election (which they can't even afford so soon themselves) or b) make a hostile takeover of the government giving themselves the power even though the Conservatives won the election (ie. vote of the people).

And, oh, i say this as someone who didn't vote for the Conservatives. In fact, i haven't voted in the last two elections. Last I voted, I helped put Harper in because the Liberals (who i ahd always voted for) were proven to be crooks. And, now they're being crooks again. They lost the election. They should suck it up.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Even if they should suck it up, Harper's knocking off government handouts, and that's just... wrong. Something is wrong, yes, but starting another election won't solve it.

Sounds to me like it's time for America to step in and sort this **** out!

Definitely a time for America to assert its God given right to manifest destiny. I mean seriously, this is what God intended and God Bless AMERICA **** YEAH!!!

America **** yeah, coming to save the day again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWS-FoXbjVI

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

So is Canada technically independent of Britan or what? I mean if you swear loyalty to the Queen then aren't you a Brit? And the Brits have a Freaking governor in place?

I'm very confused by you Canuks and you're messy system, but I do like that more than two Massive Dynasties have the ability to hold power.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Yes, technically, we are still slaves of the British Empire. It's grbage. And, no, our system is not better than yours. Different yes, but better? No. Worse? No. All it means that instead of two bickering parties, we have 4(or 5 depending what you consider 'major' I guess. At least you don't have a major party whose major goal is to seperate. *shrug*

Yes, technically, we are still slaves of the British Empire. It's grbage. And, no, our system is not better than yours. Different yes, but better? No. Worse? No. All it means that instead of two bickering parties, we have 4(or 5 depending what you consider 'major' I guess. At least you don't have a major party whose major goal is to seperate. *shrug*

have you met the deep south? I think their personal drinking cry is "THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN!" Then again if they were ever sober enough to organize we'd be in deep crap because they gots all the gunz.... well them, inner city gangs, and the militia movements that popped up around Clintons time in office.

(most of that was tounge in cheek for those who didn't realize it)

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Pretty sure Bloc Qu

*sigh*

... Harper, you moron. Now we get another useless 300 million dollar federal election.

Could have sworn that I had already mentioned this, but I guess that was somewhere else. If the Harper government falls this time, there won't be another election right away. The Governor General will ask the Liberal/NDP coalition if they can form a government, they'll say yes and we'll have a new minority government.

It's the Danish intelligence service trying in secret to undermine Canadian stability, in order to divert interest away from Hans Island. Tune in to this channel next to read about the renewed independence efforts of Quebec :thumbsup:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Oh please, that's a sack of ****.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

There will be no election. If the conservative party is voted down then the NDP and Liberals will form a coalition government. Harper is bitching that this is a violation of democracy but the way I see it, if 50% of the popular vote is in power rather than 35% thats a triumph of democracy.

And as a commonwealth nation our head of state is the Queen of England, but she has as much power as she does in the UK. Which amounts to nothing. Its purely symbolic, and much like British royalists, I would be upset if the monarchy was abolished as well, its part of our history and heritage.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

"There will be no election. If the conservative party is voted down then the NDP and Liberals will form a coalition government. Harper is bitching that this is a violation of democracy but the way I see it, if 50% of the popular vote is in power rather than 35% thats a triumph of democracy."

No, it be a violation of democracy. The Conservatives were voted into power as a minority government. To have the other parties to walk right in, and take over, with no vote is ludicrous.

It's like a company being victim of a hostile takeover.

"And as a commonwealth nation our head of state is the Queen of England, but she has as much power as she does in the UK. Which amounts to nothing. Its purely symbolic, and much like British royalists, I would be upset if the monarchy was abolished as well, its part of our history and heritage."

Screw the 'heritage' of slavery. We are our own nation, and sadly, the monarchy hold sus back from being truly free. legally, we are nothing but British slaves. It's disgusting. And, it's not purely symbol,ic when they can come in, and oveturn our lection results in a spit in the eye of our democracy.

If the Liberals, and co. want to be power they should have won the Election.

Edited by Volourn

If the Liberals, and co. want to be power they should have won the Election.

If you wanted a guaranteed Conservative government, you should have given them an absolute majority in Parliament.

Does Canada often have minority governments? I thought it was first-past-the-post constituencies, same as the UK, and that usually delivers a majority, even with a small proportion of the vote.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)