NHL

Gorth

I don't see Sundin playing with the twins so much. I can see him slotted between Wellwood and Demitra. Of course, I was sure Mats was going to retire too, so take that for what it is...

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I don't see Sundin playing with the twins so much. I can see him slotted between Wellwood and Demitra. Of course, I was sure Mats was going to retire too, so take that for what it is...

He probably won't be paired up with them full time, but sooner or later they'll have him with the Sedins, whether it's on the power play or just some late game line juggling.

Marc Crawford will have a field day in the near future... "Sundin to Sundin to Sundin to Sundin to Sundin to Sundin to Sundin to Sundin to Sundin to Sundin to..."

^Yes, that is a good observation, Checkpoint. /God

Have to agree with Volourn on this one. Personally I thought all along Mats was gonna retire, and when he did decide to play again this year I knew it wouldn't be with the Leafs. That said, he doesn't owe anyone anything. He fulfilled the contract, that John Ferguson Jr (may he rot in hell) gave him. He was free to do whatever he wanted, and of all the teams he could realistically have signed with, Vancouver is the best fit, maybe the only fit. From Vancouver's standpoint, they have to make a run at the cup. Luongo's contract is up in a couple of years, and the twins and Ohlund are free agents at the end of the season. Mats is a clutch player, and if the time off hasn't hurt him too badly, Canuckleheads are gonna love what he can do in the playoffs.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

I am a bit surprised Sundin chose the Canutz, but theres good fishing in that part of the world

In other news, the Blackhawks are having a pretty nice month

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Yep, looks like the 'Hawks made easy work of their Western Canadian road games.

And Edmonton didn't lose tonight! Of course, we didn't have a game, so I guess that's a positive!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Yep, looks like the 'Hawks made easy work of their Western Canadian road games.

And Edmonton didn't lose tonight! Of course, we didn't have a game, so I guess that's a positive!

Easy work of the Western Canadian games? The only game that I'd consider and easy win was against Edmonton. :) Calgary went down in overtime and Huet robbed the Canucks on some great chances in the third period tonight.

And Montreal managed to pull off their first non-shootout overtime win of the season tonight. Came back from three one goal deficits and Kovalev scored the winner from his spot on the half-boards on a power play. Three goals in three games for Kovalev and 3 goals, 1 assist for Sergei Kostitsyn in two games after 9 games pointless streak. 2 goals on the powerplay tonight and 4 for 13 in the last two games, hopefully this is a sign of things to come. :)

Edited by Deraldin

I have NO idea what happened, but the Leafs scored 7 goals last night.. against Pittsburgh! :ermm:

Frogren and Hagman came back, that's what happened. :(

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

It's World Junior Tournament time! I don't watch much, if any hockey over the NHLs holiday break.

So it's obvious that even Wayne Gretzky can't get Phoenix (or Glendale, more accurately) into the money. Sure, the article says that's not really our of the norm. The Coyotes haven't had turned a profit in nearly a decade. It wouldn't really be that big of a loss to trim two teams from the league, would it? Other teams like Atlanta, Florida, Islanders have had ****ty attendance for years, nevermind the downturn in the economy.

If Edmonton had a larger arena they'd easily be with the rest of the Canadian teams in the top ten for attendance. It's nice to see the Hawks tied with the Habs after so many years of mediocrity. It's like everyone is going to spite Bill Wirtz!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I'd like to see a few US teams move to Canada, or at least somewhere that hockey is popular. In the US, I think Kansas City, Seattle, and Portland could support an NHL team. I don't know enough about Canadien cities.

Although Nashville is the biggest crime in my mind, because they've been a good hockey club over the years and no one goes to watch them. I understand why no one goes to watch the Islanders anymore.

'Hawks win again. Putting together a nice little stretch here. The next three are going to be tough, but I'm really excited to see the back to back games against the Playtex

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Totally irrelevant , and basically just some lame thing to bash a dead man who can't defend himself. He's been dead for months, and this comes out only now? Give it up 'professionals'; he didn't die because of steroids. It's already been explained why he died.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Oh, it's the old blame doping for all illnesses. That's silly. The doctors already explained what killed him. Even this report doens't actually suggest that his doping cost his death which is why I find it useless tibit of info that adds nothing to the already sad event - espicially since he can't defend himself of the accusation, and the fact it took months for this doping story to break. For some reason, I don't see this being missed. Plus, there's my innate blaisseness when it comes to the anti drug epidemic.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.