NHL

Gorth

Seems I wasn't the only one noticing this:

Great game between Washington - Pittsburgh tonight. Ovechkin may not be getting any points right now, but damn is he dominating physically! I almost felt sorry for Malkin who received most of the pain. I have no idea why but I guess Malkin said something nasty to Ovechkin.. in Russian.

Since I saw this on Espn:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3830831

I wonder what's going on between those two. It would be devastating for their Olympic team if they can't play together.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Seems I wasn't the only one noticing this:

Great game between Washington - Pittsburgh tonight. Ovechkin may not be getting any points right now, but damn is he dominating physically! I almost felt sorry for Malkin who received most of the pain. I have no idea why but I guess Malkin said something nasty to Ovechkin.. in Russian.

Since I saw this on Espn:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3830831

I wonder what's going on between those two. It would be devastating for their Olympic team if they can't play together.

I don't know what sparked it but I'm loving it...When Malkin sent Ovechkin FLYING into the boards last year I went nuts. It's fun to see two superstars go at it like that that

I guess he was desperate to play after the Rangers dumped his butt, and his begging them for a job fell on deaf ears. L0L

That seems like insulting contract for a guy who is likely to make the HOF.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Shanahan signs with New Jersey $800,000 contract. He'll get $400,000 for playing only half the year.

It's good to see a guy who clearly just want to play the game and aren't looking to just grab money. You really only see that in Hockey. Roenick is in a similar situation, future HoFer, but he's had to adapt to his age. Both of these guys can help in the locker room bringing along the younger players, and occasionally they have a fantastic game like the good old days. Win win for the clubs, really.

I thought the Rangers were pretty much at the salary cap?

They are pretty close now but they can afford what Shanahan apparantly was willing to accept. Plus, from the end of last season, he made it very clear he wanted to be a Ranger this season, and they blatantly ignored him and signed others. I'd rather him than Naslund.

Yeha, not that good, actually. Their record is no better than last year, they have no real dominating threat, they cna't score goals, and despite a decent record, they're a paper tiger. Outside of Lundqvist, they have nobody who can dominate a game. AT BEST, they'll make the second round like the last couple of rounds and it'll be solely be because they have one of the best goalies in the league. And, their defense is above par. 'Cause, again, their forwards led by Twin Jokes Drury and Gomez, are a pathetic group.

No Jagr means its hard to take them serious as an actual thread 'cause it emans they have no dominating force who cna literlaly control an entire team and force teams to strategize against the individual. Afterall, many of the Rangers' wins are in shhouts where they are like 8-2 mainly on the back of Lundqvist.

Did anyone watch the Penguins - Capitals game last night? It was so good I was actually thinking "Who not just let these two teams duke it out for the rest of the season?". Just retire all the other teams and let Crosby/Malkin battle it out against Ovechkin/Semin all year long.

It's tough to get excited about another Leafs/Sens game after seeing that display of skill.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Shanny's first goal in his first game put the Devils ahead of the Rangers for the division title. Interesting.

I'm not sure what to think about Claude Lemieux. I wasn't a big fan of him as a player back in the day, although it's hard to argue with his post season success. Still, pretty amazing that he's managed to crack an NHL line up at his age after all that time off. In the paper today he talked about how is 12 year old son was asking him about his career a lot and it made him realize how much he missed it.

Zetterberg apparently just signed a 12 year/$72 million deal. Last three years are at 3/1/1 million to bring down the cap hit.

Very interesting...he's 28 so that will take him to 40.

The numbers are pretty fair, in fact it might be a steal if he's still productive at 35. That sure is a long time to lock in, but I don't see this as a negative for the league. It's nice to see a team and a player forge a relationship where you know their entire career will probably be played for one jersey. It is getting rarer to see that happen.

So has anyone else seen the furor over a CBC journalist referring to the call to ban fighting in hockey "pansification". The gays are all angry over it. When I found out I was like "Um, doesn't pansy mean sissy?" I didn't even realize pansy was a gay slur as the wussy definition is the only one I've ever experienced.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg