NHL

Gorth

...or, cross our fingers and hope he doesn't take the (rather obvious) bait for Rangers fans :thumbsup:

*sits down, makes himself comfortable*

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The Oilers couldn't beat Phoenix tonight, which says a lot . After watching mostly half inspired efforts this season they are still my team, but I'm not optimistic about making the playoffs. And even if they did squeak in, I'm afraid of an embarrassing first round sweep.

I'll cheer for Vancouver in the playoffs over Calgary, easily.

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

The season has been ruined since game.. 40 or so. The remaining games means **** and only makes us lose positions in the draft lottery if we win. And still I get a good feeling in my stomach when the Leafs beat the Flyers! How illogical is that?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

People keep saying that the President's trophy means nothing, both in the media and on the Sharks. I don't get that at all. My team has never won he President's trophy and I think it will be awesome if they pull it off. It isn't even the home ice advantage throughout the playoffs that I care about, it's the fact that they get a huge trophy and they played better than anyone else in the regular season.

People keep saying that the President's trophy means nothing, both in the media and on the Sharks. I don't get that at all. My team has never won he President's trophy and I think it will be awesome if they pull it off. It isn't even the home ice advantage throughout the playoffs that I care about, it's the fact that they get a huge trophy and they played better than anyone else in the regular season.

Surpisingly the President's Trophy winner has only gone on to win the Stanley Cup six times in the last 22 seasons. I thought it would be more than that.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Nothingw rong with that. Winning the Presidents' Trophy is an impressive feat even if the team ends up losing in the playoffs. In its own way it is just as impressive (though not as important obviously) as the cup. To be the best team over an 82 game schedule is impressive. Period.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Markov is obviously awesome, but how's Schneider been making out since coming to the Habs? He's getting points, but is he in the 'old and sucky' part of his career yet?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Markov is obviously awesome, but how's Schneider been making out since coming to the Habs? He's getting points, but is he in the 'old and sucky' part of his career yet?

He's been doing pretty well on the blueline. He doubled his points production and has been a +8 since he arrived. Overall he's been pretty effective. If not the best point producer on the blueline, then he would be second and he's got a higher +/- (since he arrived) than anyone else on the blue line.

Yay! Three years in a row with no playoffs! I'm so happy I could cry tears of blood!

Go Canucks, I guess. And here's hoping Washington makes it to the finals from the east.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

HAHAHAHAHA!

HAHGAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHA!

I laugh at the moronicy of all the following: Dallas Stars, Mike Modano, NHL Commisioner + goons, 'hockey experts', and pathetic fans!

HAHAHAHAHAH!

HAHAHAHAH!

HAHAHAHA!

Dallas + no Avery = No playoffs

NY Rangers + Avery = Playoffs

HAHAHAHAHAA!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

GAME OVER, Avery haters, GAME OVER.

HAHAHAHAHA!

HAHGAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHA!

I laugh at the moronicy of all the following: Dallas Stars, Mike Modano, NHL Commisioner + goons, 'hockey experts', and pathetic fans!

HAHAHAHAHAH!

HAHAHAHAH!

HAHAHAHA!

Dallas + no Avery = No playoffs

HAHAHAHAHAA!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

GAME OVER, Avery haters, GAME OVER.

Dallas was in roughly last place when Avery was on their team, and right after he left the team they actually went on a run.

Ignoring the fact that they were an injury riddled team this year, the link seems somewhat coincidental.

Certainly not as funny as you seem to be making it out to be.

"Dallas was in roughly last place when Avery was on their team, and right after he left the team they actually went on a run."

All teams go on hot streaks. It didn't last, and they just plainly sucked this season.

"Ignoring the fact that they were an injury riddled team this year, the link seems somewhat coincidental."

Thanks for proving MY point.

"Dallas with Avery would still equal = no playoffs, so I'm not sure that it matters to them that the Rangers and Avery are succeeding."

Sure, it does. Dallas, and everybody else tried the lame attempt of blaming Avery for Dallas' poor season prior to his trade, and when they went on that streak, they used that as 'proof' of how he screwed them up.

Bottom line is Dallas sucked this year because the entire team sucked. They sucked because of injuries, goaltending, and poor coaching.

Meanwhile, Avery played MUCH better with the Rangers. This proves to me it was DALLAS who was dragging Avery down to their level. 'Cause as soon as he threw that abatross off his abck, he kicked butt.

Just use this a reminder, folks: If you are gonna blame a single player for beingc rappy; you better back it up. Dallas didn't.

Dallas + No Avery = No Playoffs

HAHAHAHAHAHA NHL Scumbags! Down with hockey 'experts', Dallas, Mike "the Moron" Modano, the stupid Commish, and the retarded Ranger coach who had to eat his pathetic loser words.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

This seems much ado about nothing.

You like Avery and feel he's picked on unfairly.

It's certainly not as funny as you make it out to be. Though I must say: who are you, as just a fan, to be able to tell the Dallas players that Avery wasn't indeed a distraction for their team? Seems like the pot calling the kettle black. By your own admission fans are stupid, so I'll just take your little tirade and roll my eyes, and post just this single post on it.

You like to toss around words like "proof" and I know you're using Dallas' failure to make the playoffs as "proof" that Avery didn't have a negative impact on the team, in the same way that people used Dallas' improved record without Avery as proof that Avery was responsible. That's fine. Presenting it the way you did is rather...odd, however. I am however curious how many times you'll feel obliged to bring it up for the rest of this season (and beyond).

As for proving your point...I'm surprised. It rarely seems as though you have one, and if so it seems rather obfuscated. Any proving of any point you may have had was completely by accident.