Suggestions for NWN2 NX3

New engine.

Absolutely. Source comes to mind, plus I heard good things about this Unreal engine also.

Kobold PCs.

:)

Source sucks, and I keep telling you, but you can't actually get your head round that concept. Unreal is fairly good but certainly not suited to said game.

I'd go with Obsidian in house tech for future products.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Wasn't that confirmed by Obs at some point? I seem to remember that they had a much smaller team working on SoZ mostly due to budget restraints.

Its stated officially in one of the Dev diaries that budget goes like this: NWN2 > MotB > SoZ.

As for the new engine, Onyx engine(Obsidian's In-house engine) might be suitable since its build around the idea of a squad based game so there isn't the need to rebuild certain game design foundations all over again.

Edited by Zoma

After playing SoZ, I say no more races and classes. We have enough that even after changing the party limit to six, I still couldn't create all the combos I wanted. Instead focus those resources enriching the content we already have. Each race needs more heads, we need more hairstyles, more armor models, more weapon models(like an actual flail). Rapiers need their own combat animations, etc.

After that I say set the XP in Maztica. You're a major part of an Amnish colony freshly established and you play a major part in its development. Migrate the trading mechanics from SoZ over to this but basically make it a big combo of Crossroad keep and the trading company. You can establish trade with other colonies and native villages, but trading with some will cause others to deny you and who you establish relations with determines who you can recruit and what you can build in your colony.

The story could lead up to when the spellplague hits and Maztica is transferred to Abeir.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

2nd Edition thank you very much. 3.x is tolerable. Barely. 4E = horse ****

Yeah, lets bring back THAC0. I like my Paladins human, my rangers good, my druids weak and my armor class in the negative numbers!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Actually for NX3 how about a 2E ruleset game done with the infinity engine set in the Dalelands during the Time of Troubles. Heck, I'd buy it.

But I still like my original idea best.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Obsidian should not be making NX3, they should boycott the FR setting because of the 4e changes.

Now Arcanum 2, THAT would be something. (No, I don't know how they would acquire the intellectual property)

I like the idea of a planescape expansion, but I fear such an expansion might somehow draw the attention of the 4e DnD guys... You wouldn't want that to happen.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

Warmages. Please?? The Planescape idea sounded good. More weapon enchantments.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Obsidian should not be making NX3, they should boycott the FR setting because of the 4e changes.

Now Arcanum 2, THAT would be something. (No, I don't know how they would acquire the intellectual property)

I like the idea of a planescape expansion, but I fear such an expansion might somehow draw the attention of the 4e DnD guys... You wouldn't want that to happen.

Best idea ever.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Obsidian should not be making NX3, they should boycott the FR setting altogether.

Best idea ever.

Fixed. I'm tired of FR. An Eberron, Planescape, Ravenloft or Dark Sun game would shake things up a bit.

20795.jpg

I'd love to see TORN reworked (the original story was spoiled in Desslock's post-mortem) and released. More original stuff from Obsidian, less licensed products.

It doesn't have to be named TORN, but a game based on the concept and setting on Torn would be cool nonetheless. Fantasy with a weird twist, a' la Planescape, that's just what I exactly want.

What I don't need is Cyberpunk (juvenile nonsense) and Steampunk (just...meh).

Edited by Morgoth

Cyberpunk juvenile nonsense. Wut?

If you meant extreme futuristic, it doesn't have to go in that direction. Instead of taking Blade Runner as an inspired setting, a Ghost in the Shell setting would be lighter in tone since it still consists of familiar images and scenaries but the presentation itself is simply a guise to hide the modern advanced technologies like cyborgs, cybernetic implanted people that melded into it. Keeping the place unchanged from the modern days is simply a way for these poor cybernetic blokes to grasp hold of whatever humanity is left in them by holding onto the memories of the past, which isn't much.

Cyberpunk juvenile nonsense. Wut?

If you meant extreme futuristic, it doesn't have to go in that direction. Instead of taking Blade Runner as an inspired setting, a Ghost in the Shell setting would be lighter in tone since it still consists of familiar images and scenaries but the presentation itself is simply a guise to hide the modern advanced technologies like cyborgs, cybernetic implanted people that melded into it. Keeping the place unchanged from the modern days is simply a way for these poor cybernetic blokes to grasp hold of whatever humanity is left in them by holding onto the memories of the past, which isn't much.

Or better yet, the Bridge Trilogy setting by Gibson would make an awesome game. Preferably with the Fallout 3 engine.

In all seriousness folks. If there is going to be another expansion, my only request is more monsters. Forget classes, races, spells and textures. I'd spend the zots on tilesets and monsters because that is what is lacking even after two expansions and that is what will make the game endure and ensure a healthy modding community for some time to come. Heck, by my reckoning after HotU NWN1 had over 20 more creature types than NWN2 at ths point. The reason why this is an issue is that in NWN1 it was fairly easy to construct a monster using 3DSMax. NWSMax or some other program like that. For NWN2 is is most definitely not easy and honestly beyond the reach of the average (or even advanced) modder. So whatever we get from Obsidian is likely all we will ever have.

Thomas Sowell