Fable 2 scores 10/10 on Eurogamer...

Nightshape

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=263778

What's that all about? I mean I work with some of the guys that worked on Fable 2, and I have yet to play it myself, but the review itself doesn't seem to hook up with it's 10/10 score WHAT THE HELL!?

Anyways, thought I'd throw it out into the crowd see if anyone cares.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

That review was bought and paid for by Lionshead Studios, its just completely shameless advertising dressed up as a review.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

That review was bought and paid for by Lionshead Studios, its just completely shameless advertising dressed up as a review.

I'd agree but edge has given 9/10

and then there is also http://www.snappygamer.com/2008/10/20/fabl...eview-xbox-360/

I'm waiting on a clearly unbias review.

Off-line co-op rpg and Edge reviews it as 9/10?

Sold.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

proof that eurogamer is populated by morons?

yes.

yes, it is.

Fable was a highly-ordinary run-of-the-mill actionish CRPG with reasonable graphics and some cute customization.

it was nonetheless touted as ground-breaking and genre-busting by its developer who is a famous loudmouth.

in most other industries, the people who are paid to report news and review things are typically professionals, or at the very least people who can be reasonably expected to distinguish hype from reality, and do more than just recycle press releases.

in the gaming industry, though, it seems that all you need is a good PR and - viola! - you're automatically a visionary...

dumber than a bag of hammers

Maybe by 10/10 they mean it's not perfect, but it's the best at what it does.

Hey I mean I like fable and all, and I know some of the guys personally who have had input, but I just can't see it being a 10/10 game, so i blame eurogamer for doing yet another "bias" this is the second coming review.

Fable 2 is probably a 7|8/10.

I really just don't bother looking at scores anymore. I read the articles for information on the gameplay and I make my own decision on how fitting the game will be for me. Sure, if a game is getting less than 50%, it's pretty obvious it will stink, but I don't really need a score to tell me that Pizza Tycoon 17 is not going to entertain me.

Fable 2 looks solid. If you enjoyed the first one, it seems very likely you will enjoy the second. The review is great for telling us if it is a buggy mess, or if the gameplay is borked, but it's not going to capture your personal likes and interests perfectly.

From what I have heard, from people who've played it, it's really THAT good, and should appeal to people who didn't like Fable 1... Interesting, I'd written it off entirely until now.

in most other industries, the people who are paid to report news and review things are typically professionals

Those journalists exists in all areas, they are the other kind of 'professionals'. Anyway if a game gets less than a 9 these days it must be complete crap. The scale has to accommodate the whore jobs after all.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I'm not a fan of most of the game mechanics the original Fable had, but I will buy Fable 2 on day 1 even if it's basically the same game purely because of its amazing art direction. If the PC port comes out, that is.

20795.jpg

*Yawn*

At one time in history, "10/10" meant that a game not only achieves all its aims, but also trancends the genre of gaming in general. Simply put, a game that has the same profound impact that "Citizens Kane", "2001: A Space Odyssey" and "The Godfather" had to the movie industry.

If Fable 2 doesn't do that, then it is all a bunch of bantha poo-doo from the reviewers part.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Maybe by 10/10 they mean it's not perfect, but it's the best at what it does.

Or maybe we should stop embracing mediocrity and banality, and demand something of greatness instead. Like raise the barrier a little bit, or by a lot.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Bought and paid for by Lionshead? You're a cynical bunch of goons, aren't you. He liked the game. Whoop-dee-doo!

Liking the game obviously means:

1. He was paid.

2. He's an idiot.

Though no one in this thread has played the game, we all know very well that it sucks.

I do have a general problem with score inflation. I don't think it deserves a 10/10 anymore than BioShock, Half-Life 2, Halo 3, etc. It's a *perfect* game? Okay, no game is perfect. The reviewer thinks that in the next 10 years, no game will be better than this one?

I think it

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I'd agree but edge has given 9/10

and then there is also http://www.snappygamer.com/2008/10/20/fabl...eview-xbox-360/

I'm waiting on a clearly unbias review.

Hello, Snappy Gamer is my site and I appreciate the linkage. I've just recently started my own site after five years as a freelance for various others, and I can assure you that my review is completely unbiased! That's the main reason I started my own site in the first place - I believe there should be some sources out there with completely honest gaming reviews - none of this plastered in adverts of the latest video game and mysteriously giving it a huge score malarky. I can honestly say, Fable 2 is great. If I'm brutally honest, I would've given it 9/10 if I worked for Eurogamer, but my site works on a 5 star scale and I thought it deserved the full 5.

Thanks for checking out my site though, and I hope you all bookmark it!

www.snappygamer.com

Bought and paid for by Lionshead? You're a cynical bunch of goons, aren't you. He liked the game. Whoop-dee-doo!

1. He was paid.

2. He's an idiot.

Though no one in this thread has played the game, we all know very well that it sucks.

I do have a general problem with score inflation. I don't think it deserves a 10/10 anymore than BioShock, Half-Life 2, Halo 3, etc. It's a *perfect* game? Okay, no game is perfect. The reviewer thinks that in the next 10 years, no game will be better than this one?

I think it

1. He was paid.

2. He's an idiot.

I think it

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

1. He was paid.

2. He's an idiot.

I think it

And what evidence do you have that it sucks? you readily admit that you haven't played the game so are you going by the "it sucks until proven otherwise" frame of mind or are you just making a snap judgement before ever even touching the thing like a certain group of people who said that there was full frontal nudity in Mass Effect?

Also you have to realize that Scores are subjective. A 10/10 game for me might be a 5/10 for you. to make everyone conform to your reviewing system just means that they could only review games for you.

Strix posted that VtM:B is in his opinion a 10/10. I beg to differ given the sheer number of bugs and the code leaks that were released within the game. YES it was a good game but it was so buggy it doesn't deserve to have the 10 out of 10 imho

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.