Disturbing experiments with rats...

Killian Kalthorne

Servitor... servitor... does whatever the brain inside does!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

All hail our new rodent overlords! :)

Emperor Rattus I the Bionic is now granting his subjects an audience.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Ew... you just reminded me of the Rat King in Halo Jones.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Well, I just think that if they could do this with rat brain tissue it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to do it with human brain tissue.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Rather interesting though that's barely anything more than robot with Bioparts.

This isn't actually scary. IF you read the article, you find that the robot is not actually avoiding obstacles of its own will or anything. It's merely that the collection of neurons responds in the same way to identical stimulus. In this case, a small charge from the sensor that detects obstacles.

There's nothing living about this. It's just the bioelectric response of a group of cells. The interesting part is how the cells re-networked themselves after being disassociated.

There's world of difference between consciousness, decisions, mental noise etc. and basically building network from organic matter. (alo rather good note towards the philosophical zombie problem) The really interesting bit is about neurons re-networking themselves, but that's nothing new.

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Surely the end of mankind?

-Elwood Blues

This isn't actually scary. IF you read the article, you find that the robot is not actually avoiding obstacles of its own will or anything. It's merely that the collection of neurons responds in the same way to identical stimulus. In this case, a small charge from the sensor that detects obstacles.

There's nothing living about this. It's just the bioelectric response of a group of cells. The interesting part is how the cells re-networked themselves after being disassociated.

Of course - the rat brain isn't really alive, in a practical sense, its pretty much a very basic machine, sort of like how a dead frog's leg will still jolt if you apply electric pressure (or whatever it is that famous experiment was). But I think it's quite significant/cool nonetheless, because what you have is one basic function of al iving brain that's been successfully transplanted onto a dead/robotic body.

Did anyone else think it was weird how when it hits a corner, it always turns to the OTHER wall before turning to an open area?

Personally I'm frigthened/excited about them putting shark brains in UAVs.

-Elwood Blues

that doesn't entail they're instict or anything else yet.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

What this has to do with Herve Caen btw? :(

ghost in the shell coming to real life in 30 years

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.