Russia in Georgia

Bass-GameMaster

Russia has been pushing further into Georgia. I live in America, so I believe as stubborn as we are we will aide Georgia becuase they had 4,000 troops in Iraq. What does everyone else think? (if there is a topic similar or exactly like this one please close this)

62nzp7r.jpg

""Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan

US won't do it. They're cowards like the rest of the world. Just like when Russia and other coutnries whined about the US invading Iraq yet did NOTHING; the same will go on here. The US will pout; but NOTHING will be tone.

Which is too bad. People should grow ballz, and stand up for what they believe in.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Well, we had less justification in invading Iraq so we might as well start yet another war.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Look what I found at the bottom of the first page, incredible! Need geography lessons Bass-Gamemaster? :(

You're quite late to the party as the war is, I believe, officially over and Russia will pull out once they've killed an exorbitant enough amount of civilians to feed Putin the vampire or something.

Edited by Moatilliatta
sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

Ye its over.

An no noone would interveene lol. Puppet regiemes were never worth it be4 and nothing has changed.

But out of curiosity... just how would in your funny little mind an intervention look like lol? I mean Russia is not exactly some 3rd world country we (as in west) ussualy pick fights with... :-

Russia knew exactly when to stop. Who needs to occupy georgia when the current regieme is very likely to topple in the aftermath... Saakashvili wasnt popular to start with (after the last november crackdown on media/opposition), buzz is he lost loads of remaining fans allready with this + rumours are that the losses in army personell are in (multiple) 4 didgits, which could be the last nail in his political coffin...

Well thats the way the puppet heads roll I guess... Back to square one for the US in that region heh. Chin up "we" still have Pakistan... for now. :p

Edited by Brdavs

"Well, we had less justification in invading Iraq so we might as well start yet another war."

Um? The war was alreayd started.

But, yeah, both the Russians and Georgians should be ashamed. They're both at fault here.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I just love the way everyone's suddenly an expert on the Caucusus. Seriously. WTF, gentlemen?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Who here stated that they were experts? Surely people know that forum users are most of the time people mouthing off?

I really don't know what you're getting at.

It just seems extraordinary that everyone's so keen to pick sides, and practically grab a rifle and head off to kill the 'bad guys'. But I'll be damned if I'm the only one who first started reading about the place on Saturday.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Humans like sides and especially the picking of them. Why do you think sports are popular? Most people know little of their favourite sports teams but are more than willing to spend the day looking at them bumbling about on some field against a country they never cared about before. :-

Who here was about to grab a rifle and go to war?

Also there was nothing of interest to read about Georgia before saturday, so there. :p

@Brdavs

From everything I've heard about Georgia the last few days I doubt any future presidents of Georgia will be less puppets than Saakashvili. If we're lucky they'll have a name we can spell.

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

Who here stated that they were experts? Surely people know that forum users are most of the time people mouthing off?

I really don't know what you're getting at.

It just seems extraordinary that everyone's so keen to pick sides, and practically grab a rifle and head off to kill the 'bad guys'. But I'll be damned if I'm the only one who first started reading about the place on Saturday.

Heheh, I just realised there is a region called Cacausus last weekend myself.

This is probably the longest back, I remember hearing about the conflict:

The first major crisis faced by the Gamsakhurdia regime was in the South Ossetian Autonomous Region, which was largely populated by Ossetians, a separate ethnic group speaking a language based on Persian. In December 1990, Gamsakhurdia summarily abolished the region's autonomous status within Georgia in response to its longtime efforts to gain independence. When the South Ossetian regional legislature took its first steps toward secession and union with the North Ossetian Autonomous Republic of Russia, Georgian forces invaded. The resulting conflict lasted throughout 1991, causing thousands of casualties and creating tens of thousands of refugees on both sides of the Georgian-Russian border. Yeltsin mediated a cease-fire in July 1992. A year later, the cease-fire was still in place, enforced by Ossetian and Georgian troops together with six Russian battalions. Representatives of the Conference on Security and Cooperation in Europe ( CSCE) attempted mediation, but the two sides remained intractable. In July 1993, the South Ossetian government declared negotiations over and threatened to renew large-scale combat, but the cease-fire held through early 1994.

Exerpt from Library of Congress.

Things haven't really improved the last 18 years.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Man o man the british media seems to be carrying a big chip on its shoulder in regards to russia, as far as my limited browsing tells you... It`s saying quite something when the feel is you`re getting a more "balanced" story from CNN lol.

Must be all those exiled oligarchs and BP issues heh... ;(

Edited by Brdavs

Man o man the british media seems to be carrying a big chip on its shoulder in regards to russia, as far as my limited browsing tells you... It`s saying quite something when the feel is you`re getting a more "balanced" story from CNN lol.

Must be all those exiled oligarchs and BP issues heh... =]

Or it might have something to do with the fact that Putin appears to murder his domestic critics, even on our soil. But I'm sure you'll tell me his KGB thing was 'just a phase all young men go through'?

-Elwood Blues

... Putin appears to murder his domestic critics, even on our soil.

In case anyone's unsure what Wals is refering to: Alexander Litvinenko (amongst others). I dearly wish that Russia weren't going down the path that it is, but people seriously need to wake up about this threat.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)