A real house of horrors

Walsingham

I was reading the latest on the Haute de la Garenne orphanage case.

Basically, over a prolonged period, children were systematically tortured and abused. Well, we've seen that before, and we've got used to it. But in this instance many were tortured so badly tehy died, or were murdered to keep them quiet. Teeth, bones, and other assorted ephemera of life have been turning up at the old orphanage, after it was decomissined, and builders came in. Torture cells and sub-basements keep turning up.

Anyway, the police said today that no murder investigation is likely. There have been accusations that the enquiry is being dleiberately mishandled, but this takes the ****ing proverbial.

PLEASE if you live in the UK, contact your MP using THIS website or better still by post, and demand that an outside team be sent in from the Met, properly supported by SOCA. This is the largest case of organised proveable child abuse I've ever heard of, and despite a lot of flapping, very little seems to be actually happening.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Scary. It will be really hard to bring anyone to justice seeing as how this happened 40-50 years ago and most likely the culprits are already dead.

Couple of observations:

1) So thats where we got "New" Jersey. Im going to bet we also stole "New" York.

2) Milk teeth = baby teeth?

1) So thats where we got "New" Jersey. Im going to bet we also stole "New" York.

York is a fairly large English locale.

You guys have 'Paris' somewhere in the centrals, though, so it's not that bad.

You guys have 'Paris' somewhere in the centrals, though, so it's not that bad.

Texas

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Scary. It will be really hard to bring anyone to justice seeing as how this happened 40-50 years ago and most likely the culprits are already dead.

Couple of observations:

Heh. You're returning the serve on my argument used elsewhere that sometimes pragmatism must out. :bat: It's agoo dpoint, but this isn't a common crime. Nor is it impossible that a case could be constructed. just not by a tinpot force like Jersey's.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Couple of observations:

No statute of limitation on murder, seen enough cop shows to know that.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

sort of... i think milk teeth are teeth that babies are actually born with, as opposed to the first set of teeth that children get beginning around 1 year of age which are often referred to as "baby teeth." i think milk teeth fall out before the official "baby teeth" come in.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Not to go all Spellmar on you , Wals, but you spelled 'Horrors' wrong in the thread title. Unless dropping the last R is the way the kewl kids spell it nowadays.

Edit: And how is this for a horroR story?

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Agreed. Im just saying it happened so long ago, the bad guys are probably dead of old age by now.

Thanks, Kor. Fixed.

A full investigation would serve to establish.

1. Who was guilty

2. Restore faith in the system

3. Not all the offenders may have been adults at the time. It strikes me that judging by accounts, many older children participated.

However, a friend of mine pointed out last night that Jersey is a different country from the UK. They have tehir own laws, and would have to ask for assistance from Scotland Yard.

-Elwood Blues

sort of... i think milk teeth are teeth that babies are actually born with, as opposed to the first set of teeth that children get beginning around 1 year of age which are often referred to as "baby teeth." i think milk teeth fall out before the official "baby teeth" come in.

taks

No I just think it's a different name for the same thing. They're "milk teeth" in finnish as well.

ah, yes, natal/neonatal teeth are what i was referring to, though i have heard them distinguished as milk teeth in the past. don't ask me where as i don't recall. i'm old now and can't remember yesterday.

taks

Edited by taks

Edit: And how is this for a horroR story?

Update:

Police identify Canadian bus attack suspect

Email this Story

Aug 1, 3:43 PM (ET)

By ROB GILLIES

TORONTO (AP) - A 40-year-old man who witnesses said stabbed and beheaded his seat mate on a Greyhound bus in Canada made his first court appearance Friday, while police offered no motive for the savage attack against the 22-year-old carnival worker.

Vince Weiguang Li, of Edmonton, Alberta, has been charged with second-degree murder. He shuffled into the courtroom Friday in Portage la Prairie, Manitoba with his head bowed and feet shackled.

He did not reply when the judge asked him if he was going to get a lawyer, and only nodded slightly when asked whether he was exercising his right not to speak. He was not required to enter a plea.

The prosecutor asked for a psychiatric assessment, but the judge said he wanted to give Li a chance to meet with his lawyer. Li's next court appearance is scheduled for Tuesday.

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police said Li has no known criminal record.

Authorities have not released the victim's name but The Canadian Press said friends had identified him as Tim McLean and said he was headed to Winnipeg after working with the carnival in Edmonton.

William Caron, 23, said McLean was quiet, though he liked to socialize with friends. He was small - about 5-foot-4 and 130 pounds - and tended to stay away from a fight, Caron said.

"All the time I've known Tim, he's never been the type of guy to get into a fight with. He always kept to himself when there's strangers around," Caron said.

Friends started a Facebook group called "R.I.P. Tim" after news of the attack.

"He was a great person, he was kind, thoughtful, and he did not deserve this. I feel for his parents and sisters and his lil bro," Jossiee Kehleer wrote on the site.

Passengers said the victim was stabbed dozens of times in the Wednesday night attack aboard the bus as it traveled a desolate stretch of the TransCanada Highway about 12 miles from Portage La Prairie, Manitoba.

Witnesses described a grisly killing that occurred as some were napping and others watching "The Legend of Zorro" on the television screens inside the bus.

Shortly after passengers reboarded the bus following a break, the suspect - for no apparent reason - stabbed the man sitting next to him several dozen times as passengers fled in horror, witnesses said. He then severed the man's head, displayed it and began hacking at the body.

Garnet Caton, who was sitting just one seat in front of them, said the suspect had been on the bus about an hour. He initially did not sit near the victim but changed seats after a rest stop. Caton said he did not hear the two speak to each other before the attack.

"We heard this bloodcurdling scream and turned around, and the guy was standing up, stabbing this guy repeatedly," Caton said.

Caton watched in horror as blood sprayed across the back of the bus, he told The Globe & Mail daily.

"He had a Rambo, hunting knife covered in blood and he just kept going at the guy," Caton said. "He was very calmly killing the guy and the other guy was screaming bloody murder."

Caton said the driver stopped the bus when he became aware of the attack and passengers raced off. A short while later, Caton said he re-boarded along with the bus driver and a trucker who had stopped to see what was happening.

He said the suspect had the victim on the floor of the bus and "was cutting his head off" with a large hunting knife.

"When he was attacking him, he was calm," said Caton. "There was no rage or anything. He was just like a robot stabbing the guy."

The attacker turned toward them and the three men quickly left the bus, blocking the door as the attacker slashed at them through an opening. Caton said the driver disabled the vehicle after the attacker tried to drive it away.

As the three guarded the door with a crow bar and a hammer, the attacker went back to the body and calmly came to the front of the bus to show off the head, Caton said.

Greyhound spokeswoman Abby Wambaugh said there had been 37 passengers aboard, many watching a movie when the violence erupted. She called the attack tragic but isolated.

Unreal story and another senseless murder. When will those barbarians in Canada learn from their past and ban hunting knives? :brows:

Unreal story and another senseless murder. When will those barbarians in Canada learn from their past and ban hunting knives? ;)

no kidding.

this one makes you wonder, btw. assuming there was no strange history between these two, the Li character must have had some sort of psychotic break. you don't just coldly (and calmly, even more peculiarly) kill someone out of the blue unless something in your head ain't right.

taks

;) I'm not being funny, taks. But I think that's a given.

I suppose this links to other discussion swe've had. Stopping him murdering one guy is a question of care for psychotics. The fact that he didn't muredr five or six people is down to gun control. Of course, I'm sure if he'd tried he could have killed at least three or four with his knife.

-Elwood Blues

I would have shot the **** out of that guy.

Getting back to the original topic, I was in Jersey a few years ago and I could just tell that something sinister was happening on that little island. The people all muttered strange things under their breath and they had fishy eyes and smelled of blood sacrifice. While hiking in the woods I even discovered a statue of Satan in a pond. Of course, it was in the travel brochure...

I would have shot the **** out of that guy.

Getting back to the original topic, I was in Jersey a few years ago and I could just tell that something sinister was happening on that little island. The people all muttered strange things under their breath and they had fishy eyes and smelled of blood sacrifice. While hiking in the woods I even discovered a statue of Satan in a pond. Of course, it was in the travel brochure...

It was in the travel brochure?

;)

-Elwood Blues

Yeah they have a "landmark" called the Devil's Hole. That just sounded wonderfully interesting so I hiked miles up a hill to see...this.

Not my video, but you get the idea.

Basically a cave. When I saw it they had a statue of Satan in there.

;) I'm not being funny, taks. But I think that's a given.

I suppose this links to other discussion swe've had. Stopping him murdering one guy is a question of care for psychotics. The fact that he didn't muredr five or six people is down to gun control. Of course, I'm sure if he'd tried he could have killed at least three or four with his knife.

i'm sure he could have, or at least seriously wounded several others. keep in mind the "mass murder" occurrences are really rare overall, at least compared to the total number of killings that occur every year.

the problem of assuming this is about care for psychotics, well, not so much "the problem" as "the issue," is that there may not have been anyone that knew he was off his rocker till the moment he chose to stick his knife in the other passenger. psychotic breaks are like that... there are signs, but usually they're the sort of "hindsight is 20/20" signs, i.e., you don't realize it till after someone goes all psycho. of course, this guy was 40, which is also rather late for a break from what i've read.

taks

Oh my living Christ. I used to do voluntary work helping care for cerebral palsy kids, and that's an appalling story. CP often leaves a lot of awareness, but cuts your controls. Imagine being landed in an FPS or flight sim where the controls keep changing, and the mouse keeps inverting at random. For your whole life. ****ing hell.

taks, I see your point. Logically there are going to be instances where people flip out with no prior warning. But in the last year or so it seems every high profile case where stuff goes down, it's some nutloop who has been on the radar for years, and getting progressively worse.

EDIT: something you have to get about CP kids is that there's this embattled honesty about them. Usually they're incredibly sweet, but my favourite was this one little bugger who kept trying to smash things. The regular teachers told me to keep stuff away from him, but after a moment's reflection I thought "Hell, I'd want to smash things in his position" and I used to make things for him to smash. It became our game for me to race him, building elaborate towers and shapes, which he would struggle to swing at and break quicker than I could build. That kid enjoyed it so much that in spite of being incapable of movement he dragged himself across a whole classroom with his arms, lungs filling with fluid, to give me a hug (I'd been detailed to do some washing up). The thought of a kid like that being abused this way, and no-one protecting them. Makes your blood boil.

-Elwood Blues

There is no species on this earth that is more capable of great benign acts of compassion and despicable acts of cruelty than that of humanity.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"