Piranha Bytes RPG teaser site

Morgoth

They had to cut out the peeing animations for it to pass the Xbox ratings. Oddly enough the beheadings and sadistic violence were allowed to stay! Apparently it's worse seeing someone take a leak than actually performing a brutal murder in a game. Only in America.

What exactly is the purpose of peeing in the game?! Sounds interesting, but eh...

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

What exactly is the purpose of peeing in the game?! Sounds interesting, but eh...

You can't pee yourself, but you could sometimes (in the Gothic games) see people who were sitting around a campfire get up and go take a leak behind some hut or something. It has no purpose other than to make the characters seem more alive.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Only in America.

It's completely ridiculous, I agree, but at least we don't censor skeletons.

Let's face it. Humans the world over have some weird concepts of offensive.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

You know, this is really getting idiotic. Ban peeing as it is associated with "those" organs, ban undead for being a cultural "Taboo" (whichy is ironic as chinese are among the sanest people on the topic of death and afterlife. In other words they can talk rationally about it), Ban showing the very tips of breasts... Whine for cruelity to animals...

When the hell did we (mankind) started living in some far off choo-choo land?

Edited by cronicler

IG. We kick ass and not even take names.

It's completely ridiculous, I agree, but at least we don't censor skeletons.

Let's face it. Humans the world over have some weird concepts of offensive.

Didn't China ban a dragon from a WoW cover? I seem to recall reading something about this... if I'm correct, I wonder what'll befall Dragon Age in the Far East..

Two new gameplay videos, this time with two French dudes that never stop talking. Still the footage is interesting:

video1.jpg

video2.jpg

First video shows some combat and some AI. Second video shows a harbour town and some quest dialogue and climbing.

Ugh, french people. Let me just say the terribly unappealing accent is a France-only thing, so don't hate all the french.... just France french.

Still, looks nice. Definitly worth a look.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

You remember how peeing was removed to please the American censors (in the land of the free yada yada)?

f6ea828292.jpg

Germans are weird.

You remember how peeing was removed to please the American censors (in the land of the free yada yada)?

f6ea828292.jpg

Germans are weird.

That's so bizarre. In my purchased-in-America Gothic 2, Bullco went out and peed on a tree every danged morning. Not a peep from the censors. I'm having trouble believing that dissecting a living human while blood spurts and having nudie cards is okay, but peeing isn't. I'll have to check this silliness out.

Edit: Oh, I see it was only for XBox... which means that it isn't an "American" thing, it's an XBox thing. Apparently Microsoft is more prudish than previously imagined!

Edited by ~Di

Three new gameplay videos, courtesy of Gametrailers, from the Gamescom convention in Cologne, Germany:

Video 1: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gc-09-risen/54635

Video 2: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gc-09-risen/54634

Video 3: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gc-09-risen/54633

At least it's in English this time.. broken English.

Nice triple post by meee!

Anyhow, new screens at a site I've never heard about before, UGDB:

396369.jpg

Clicking the picture takes you to the gallery. I'd suggest clicking on the "Show a bigger version" button above the picture for extra eye candy.

The environmental art looks pretty nice. The human animations and poses look a bit wonky though, but its hard to tell if that's just becuase they were captured in some weird position at the moment the screenie was taken.

ANyway, from a graphics pov it certainly appears sufficient.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

It basically looks like a very polished Gothic III, but I'm fine with that. Gothic III's models were nothing to write home about, but the environments looked much better than Oblivion's. Considering their budget is probably minimal compared to Bethesda's or BioWare's, it looks amazing.

I don't think I'll get the CE of this game, I'll be getting the CE of Divinity 2 (English version) instead. That game is/was Game of the Year for me. :lol:

Edited by virumor

The human animations and poses look a bit wonky though, but its hard to tell if that's just becuase they were captured in some weird position at the moment the screenie was taken.

Well Gothic 3 had this problem too, so I wouldn't be surprised if Risen had it. I don't think Gothic 2 had this problem though, but it's been so long since I played it I could be mistaken.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Very pretty gorgeous, but the animation seems lacking.

Oh well. That leaves story and combat. Any chance that those two turn out good?

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"