Piranha Bytes RPG teaser site

Morgoth

Pretty good preview, written by one of the fans on the World of Risen site:

http://www.worldofrisen.de/article_102_2.htm

I guess the graphics will suck. But it won't be as buggy as all the Gothic games have been at release!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Guest PoziomyPion

I never checked out this game, not a fan of Gothic, but this trailer and this song make me want for more. Always thought Nightwish should be hired to write music for Lord of the Rings movies.

Edited by PoziomyPion

I bet the game is extremely short.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I actually bet it's the other way around. None of the Gothic's has been less than 50-60 hours! I played Gothic 2 for over 80 hours and Gothic 3 for a lot over 100 hours.

But 2.5 GB seems a bit.. small. I wonder why.

Oh, and the final cover has been released too:

I just found out that Gollum and Gimli are voicing two of the characters in Risen. That's actually pretty.. neat.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1475543/

You see, when they hire someone like Lena Headey, I wish they had access to whatever face mapping tech Bio used for Shepard.

Edited by Bos_hybrid
cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Well, this is the first time Piranha Bytes has tried to release anyhting on the Xbox 360. While this is mostly bad news for us PC gamers (we end up having to suffer through the same limitations of the Xbox 360 hardware even though we have much more powerful stuff in our rigs), it also brings something good to the table: rigorous Quality Assurance!

I'm afraid submitting a Piranha Bytes game to Microsoft QA will do what the Great Hedron Collider could not; create a black hole that swallows Earth.

So is this another, the Germans will Alpha test the game for us, and when it hit's the US, we beta test the game?

I'm not bitter or anything.

The game gets a worldwide release in the same week. October 2th. Yanks usually at Tuesday, Euros at Friday.

And any hands-on preview that I've read already indicates that Risen won't be buggy. Quite on the contrary.

I'm afraid submitting a Piranha Bytes game to Microsoft QA will do what the Great Hedron Collider could not; create a black hole that swallows Earth.

An unstoppable force meets an unmoveable object!

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

The game gets a worldwide release in the same week. October 2th. Yanks usually at Tuesday, Euros at Friday.

And any hands-on preview that I've read already indicates that Risen won't be buggy. Quite on the contrary.

Too many RPGs are coming out in October. I can already hear my piggy bank complaining. :sorcerer:

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Too many RPGs are coming out in October. I can already hear my piggy bank complaining. :sorcerer:

Indeed. But I'll skip Risen into somewhere 2010. Plus ebay is my best friend of my wallet.

Actually, there's 20-something new pictures in this link:

http://www.pcgames.de/aid,691931/Risen-Meh...mage_id=1170688

I must say I like the graphics, even though it may not be the most advanced graphics ever. The art design suits my taste, I guess.

I must be really really techno-illiterate but I can't understand this hunger for better graphics. Sure the graphics are still somewhat sterile (as we (game engines and cpu powers) can't handle dust and rain and mud acting as real life) but other than that... Do you really need the resolution of basketball court x soccer field?

IG. We kick ass and not even take names.

Looks like good and simple graphics with some nice art direction.

Also, better graphics help for better atmosphere, usually. If Dead Space or Bioshock were uglier they wouldn't be as good, and physics that impact gameplay are always fun.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Sure better graphics allow you to loose yourself in and into the game more easyly but is there a real big difference between say Risen and maxed Crysis(tem cry) I'm not talking about System Shock 2 graphics vs UT 3.76 engine.

Edited by cronicler

IG. We kick ass and not even take names.

That's one terrible cover. Possibly worse than Mass Effect 2's cover.

Guest Slinky
That's one terrible cover. Possibly worse than Mass Effect 2's cover.

What's wrong with it? Or ME2's cover? Both of them look just fine to me.. It must be one hard life if you expect every single little detail to be perfect and just the way YOU want. Generic hero, so what. It could be MUCH worse. Like Conan O'Brien or something.