What you did today

Gorth

Guest The Architect
one odd thing when i got to work though. i had a message from a friend of a friend that i met drunkenly at a party last year sometime asking me how i was. when i replied saying i was surprised she remembered me, she said "how could i forget such a pretty face?"

haha me so sexy :aiee:

Wait till she sees you in a sober state, tho. :ermm:

That would create a sex-plosion. We don't want that.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Guest The Architect
one odd thing when i got to work though. i had a message from a friend of a friend that i met drunkenly at a party last year sometime asking me how i was. when i replied saying i was surprised she remembered me, she said "how could i forget such a pretty face?"

haha me so sexy :p

Haven't you ever heard of sarcasm? :sorcerer:

Something magical happened today. I have been in a moderately bad place for the last 2 and a half years but the last 3 months have easily been the darkest in my entire life. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with my life. I considered many things, some extremely drastic but today it has all changed. I have a reason to live now and I have no one to thank but Walshingham who has been by my side in spirit the whole time. When I was on top of that sky scraper peering over the ledge watching the cars beneath scurrying about the labyrinth of roads I thought about Walshingham and I thought about that post when I imagined him hang gliding through a bedroom window and then killing a forum goer with his bare hands. I looked deep within myself and knew that it was time to take action and change who I am since the person I was obviously wasn't good enough. I conquered the cosmos and today, I got a job. Thank you Walshingham, if I was of age I'd buy you a beer you grisly old bastard I love ya.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Something magical happened today. I have been in a moderately bad place for the last 2 and a half years but the last 3 months have easily been the darkest in my entire life. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with my life. I considered many things, some extremely drastic but today it has all changed. I have a reason to live now and I have no one to thank but Walshingham who has been by my side in spirit the whole time. When I was on top of that sky scraper peering over the ledge watching the cars beneath scurrying about the labyrinth of roads I thought about Walshingham and I thought about that post when I imagined him hang gliding through a bedroom window and then killing a forum goer with his bare hands. I looked deep within myself and knew that it was time to take action and change who I am since the person I was obviously wasn't good enough. I conquered the cosmos and today, I got a job. Thank you Walshingham, if I was of age I'd buy you a beer you grisly old bastard I love ya.

I am torn betweeen a deep seated desire for free beer, and an even deeper urge to hide behind the sofa.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Took the day off and worked on the new place today. Now sitting in a partially darkend room with a glass of Knob Creek listening th the Marlins vs Mets game on my XM radio. I was going to watch the Opening Ceremony but I'm not up for it. I'll record it instead. I'll catch the Rays vs Mariners game later if the whisky doesen't get me first.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Took the day off and worked on the new place today. Now sitting in a partially darkend room with a glass of Knob Creek listening th the Marlins vs Mets game on my XM radio. I was going to watch the Opening Ceremony but I'm not up for it. I'll record it instead. I'll catch the Rays vs Mariners game later if the whisky doesen't get me first.

Wow. Construction of your house is going pretty quick. Will you post pics of the property when its done? It would be awesome to see some of the construction phases as well. And of course your dogs running around and mauling things.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Sounds good. Can I suggest 1919 rum? If you like em mellow?

What's you're take on the Russian issue?

http://forums.obsidian.net/index.php?showtopic=50404

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Sounds good. Can I suggest 1919 rum? If you like em mellow?

What's you're take on the Russian issue?

http://forums.obsidian.net/index.php?showtopic=50404

I've never been a big Rum drinker, I guess I just don't care for the taste. Sour mash whiskey like Bourbon is about the only hard stuff I'll drink. But American distilleries have elevated that to a form of fine art! As for the Russian invasion, heck I don't really know. Since I moved up here I've been in a news vacuum. All my stuff is in storage so the only entertainment I have is my XM, my work laptop, and a 7" LCD TV with a DVR/DVD player. Plus a few books and DVDs. Heck I'm only going to be here a month and a half so I don't even have cable. So I only get 4 channels.

@theslug: It's coming along nicely now. Just the frame and foundation are up but it is nice to see. I've been working building a fence around the perimeter of the property and I should finish that by next weekend. Right now I'm living in a pretty crappy studio apartment next to Shelby County Community College. The house will be done next month. Originally it was to be ready for walkdown on 9/1 but it will be delayed at least a week. I've heard that is not unusual tho so what can you do.

So? Whats the job?? Are you going to tell us or not?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I honestly wouldn't describe 1919 rum as being typical rum. And I like rum. But it's my drink for guests and it NEVER fails to impress. Nut , vanilla, and semi-sweet.

-Elwood Blues

Lol perhaps I went a little crazy with the theatrics but my job will simply be desk work and answering phones as an assistant however it's a little bit higher of a position than I originally thought since I'm working directly for the top of the department.

I think I even get my own office becuase I mean there's no reception desk or anything like that in the upper part of the building which is where I'd work. There's just like 50 small rooms scattered about so that could be cool becuase I work best when I'm alone in my cave, in the darkness, alone. I may just have to go out and buy a bunch of cat posters and cat nick nacks to fill it though. It'll be awesome.

Restarted the house-hunting after the wedding break. Saw 4 places in the general DC area. Really liked one in Bethesda (which, oddly enough, is not the home of the RPG development company-- they're out in Rockville), but it's about $40K over what our preliminarily-estimated price range is. It's pretty big, with a finished basement, a huge master bedroom/bath/closet, a kinda small but well laid-out kitchen, and is about 0.7 miles walk to the subway station. We can probably qualify for a big enough loan to swing it at list price, but what the banks are willing to lend us and what we're comfortable paying every month aren't necessarily the same thing. So we'll have to look at some comparable recent sales to see how much we'll be likely to be able to talk them down (in today's market, nobody pays list price), and go over our budget to figure out what we're comfortable with paying.

This sort of thing gets my wife very excited about all the good homeowner stuff, but it all looks like work to me, and the prospect of making so many big decisions fills me with dread. Sometimes it isn't particularly fun to be a pessimist who is a bit lacking in the ambition department.

Edited by Enoch

I went to a party at some dude's apartment in the centre of Uppsala where I live. It costs him $2000 per month but DAMN that was a nice apartment. Also, I managed to hit on one of my best friends girlfriends, or maybe she hit on me, who knows. We've known each other for years and there's always been some kind of tension between us. Horribly awkward, we'll see what tomorrow brings. I hate when **** like this happens.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

...Also, I managed to hit on one of my best friends girlfriends, or maybe she hit on me, who knows. We've known each other for years and there's always been some kind of tension between us. Horribly awkward, we'll see what tomorrow brings...

You could always ask Shryke for advice :ermm:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

...Also, I managed to hit on one of my best friends girlfriends, or maybe she hit on me, who knows. We've known each other for years and there's always been some kind of tension between us. Horribly awkward, we'll see what tomorrow brings...

You could always ask Shryke for advice :ermm:

haha don't ask me

i'm useless with these situations too :yes:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Its never cool to hit on a friends girl, no matter if it was reciprocated.

that's a good point actually

it's kinda awkward when they do it to you though

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Wait, dont you have a bionic blonde anyway?

They broke up a while ago. He doesn't like to talk about it. :'(