What you did today

Gorth

sent in the unemployment papers today... now to talk to officedepot and turn in the application to Barns and Nobel booksellers.

Best of luck with the booksellers Calax.

Trying to make up excuses why I shouldn't go out and start doing something about my small garden. The weeds are now almost as high as the roses and the place looks uninhabited seen from the front as a result ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

and of course have the money to sustain this life style for as long as you wish,

not me, at least not yet. i'm contemplating becoming a contractor/consultant since i'm having a hard time dealing with working for a guy that needs to let his employees take the reigns, but refuses to do so. i need to be making all technical decisions (at least, i need to have the final say) since i am the principal investigator... it is aggravating.

which if I remember correctly your some kind of communication god and could do it,

uh, well trained, highly educated and quite experienced in the area, yes. as for your specific terminology, there are many i worship, and can only hope to aspire to their level, so no, not quite god-like. :ermm: i actually do more with radar than anything, though my schooling is comm (few if any schools actually teach radar as a "subset" of EE, so you become a "communications and signal processing" major).

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Woah there, hoss. I've seen far too many superbly qualified technical people choose consultancxy and fall flat. There's a massive learning curve associated with developing your own contracts, and also how you present your work. And you become a bit of a knob head.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

we should start our own obsidian business. We have taks who is the brains of the operation, walsingham who draws up contracts and fights attorneys, and me ace slug accountant or lowly office assistant. Sounds pretty well thought out imo.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Only if I can have a spandex unitard.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

well, I'V4E BEEN urnk for like foour hours, nis kin ofg fun . llol, wel'll se yuou guys. i havbe boobs to catc h

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Oh come on Nightshade, some of us are trying to eat you know :ermm:

/Throws food away.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

We looked at some used vans for hubby.

One was tricked out with a desk, powerstrip, shelves, a power generator, and about 8 outlets attached to the outside of the van. Great for a moving office I guess. It was nutty.

It was a little too big, however.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Phew.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I managed to finish (for now) painting one of the rooms in the house today. It's so nice not having pink walls anymore. We still need to replace the pink carpet though. :)

I still have that little project ahead of me. The walls in my new flat are baby blue and I have this strange urge gurgling in the darkest pits of my soul to rectify that. Only I don't particularly look forward to the actual project.

Other than that I am working and drinking coffee.

^Yes, that is a good observation, Checkpoint. /God

I managed to finish (for now) painting one of the rooms in the house today. It's so nice not having pink walls anymore. We still need to replace the pink carpet though. :yes:

I still have that little project ahead of me. The walls in my new flat are baby blue and I have this strange urge gurgling in the darkest pits of my soul to rectify that. Only I don't particularly look forward to the actual project.

Heh, it's only taken us 10 years to get this started. We moved here back in 1998 and the walls in all the bedrooms were pink, the bathroom had pink tile/tub/toilet, several rooms had pink carpets as well. You'd never have guessed that it was a little old lady that lived here before us. :(

I managed to finish (for now) painting one of the rooms in the house today. It's so nice not having pink walls anymore. We still need to replace the pink carpet though. :yes:

Heh, it's only taken us 10 years to get this started. We moved here back in 1998 and the walls in all the bedrooms were pink, the bathroom had pink tile/tub/toilet, several rooms had pink carpets as well. You'd never have guessed that it was a little old lady that lived here before us. :(

:)

Fortunately I live in a one-room apartment, so it should be a one-day job.

^Yes, that is a good observation, Checkpoint. /God

i'm sore

i hate heavy lifting

i moved into my new place in the weekend and trying to get couches through doorways sucks so much

oh, and seeing Bill Bailey the other night was really awesome :thumbsup:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

i'm sore

i hate heavy lifting

i moved into my new place in the weekend and trying to get couches through doorways sucks so much

oh, and seeing Bill Bailey the other night was really awesome :thumbsup:

I know exactly what you mean. When we put the couch that is now in my room the thing pretty much got stuck and it took a good 15 minutes of pushing and pulling and finally a monster kick to the figurative midsection to bust this thing in. I'm surprised the framing didn't come with it. It's going to suck getting it out. :'(

I'm sore as well. I got pumped up while watching ufc last night and did a good little work out. I need to get a gym membership.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

i'm sore

i hate heavy lifting

oh, and seeing Bill Bailey the other night was really awesome :)

I know exactly what you mean. When we put the couch that is now in my room the thing pretty much got stuck and it took a good 15 minutes of pushing and pulling and finally a monster kick to the figurative midsection to bust this thing in. I'm surprised the framing didn't come with it. It's going to suck getting it out. :'(

yeah our new place has quite an awkward doorway i discovered

it kinda goes into a sheltered porch type thing, then the main doorway is a bit to the left of that, so almost had to manoeuvre the couches through an S-shape

and with my big fold out couch, that sucked balls >_<

next time i move, i'm gonna go for the lazy option and hire people to do it for me :(

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

When I was researching my furniture I found a company which makes furniture kits, which you can collect and make up as you choose, a bit like lego. I would have bought some, but opted to spend the money on a pimped out king size bed. It was a neat idea, though.

-Elwood Blues

Applied to be a bookseller.

And applied to best buy

And asked about a job at a mom and pop (literally) gaming store.

Why does finding a job have to be so depressing?

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

It doesn't if you wear a cape.

-Elwood Blues

This morning I was in a car accident.

I was at a stoplight, and when it turned green, I started to go, but I noticed a car was going pretty fast and I put on my brakes. The car ran the red light and was smashed into by a mini-van that was coming to opposite direction of me. The red light runner skidded across the lane and clipped my back bumper.

My car is drive-able, but the back bumper and trunk door are very banged up. It's a Honda CR-V, and it's my wife's car. This is the third time I've been hit this year. I was rear ended twice and then this one happened. I'm really getting tired of being hit.

The red light runner was an older lady, and she was taken away in an ambulance. She sounded pretty bad, but they were able to move her easily enough and she was conscious. Both her car and the mini-van were totaled. Luckily there were no kids in any of the cars. I got a police report.