Xard

^Dont mind my prying but since thats your real name how is it pronounced?

It's pronounced "You bastard" :)

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I asked on the official Sam & Max Episodes forums if anyone had a gif featuring Max go through his menacing animation, as I'd spent some time trying to capture it using FRAPS to no avail. One of the developers ripped it out using the Telltale Tool for me.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

:brows:

Im figuring the "b" has to be silent so it sounds like "Ros-jerg", you know, because "Ros-b-jerg" is just silly.

It looks scandanavian in origin to me... and in that case the j would be pronounced y Rosb-yerg.

Of course, I could be wrong... and probably am... I'll shut up now... :)

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

Ros, can you repost that sound file where you pronounce your name, the one you posted way back then? Remember, when somebody asked the very same thing?

Hah, I can't believe I actually remembered that.

Also, funny points for seeing ENL speakers try to get around the pronunciation of a Danish name. :brows:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Ros, can you repost that sound file where you pronounce your name, the one you posted way back then? Remember, when somebody asked the very same thing?

Gah, that was probably me, or at least that scenario sounded familiar when you posted it. Sweet, sweet memory loss, wrap me in your dark embrace.

I took a screen cap of the Animatrix while the kid was looking at his computer screen trying to get out of the matrix. I love the stylish art work chapter.
and here I thought it was some modern art representation of a badger :x

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Ros-buh-jerkface

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

It's pronounced "You bastard" :lol:

what a nice thing to say from a moderator ;)

Hey, I 'm just saying the truth, man! My real name is pronounced "Wuss Boy".

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

mine is the cover of an album called Deja Entendu (french for "already heard", i think) by a band called Brand New.

edit: or at least that's the avatar that shows in my profile, even though I updated I still have this Jonathan Cheechoo avatar.

Edited by Krookie

I don't have the old audio file and I couldn't find the old thread either and by the time I get home to make a new one the thread will have moved on. :ermm:

And it's actually my last name.

It's gonna be very difficult to tell you how to pronounce it and I haven't met a native English speaking person being able to do so.

The closes thing would be like the "Ro" in "Rock" and then a soft "s".

The "Bjerg" is a bit difficult to explain.

the "Bj" as you would say it, is pretty close, but the "erg" is to hard for danish - it would be closer to a "bj-yeah" so "Ro-s-bjyeah" is probably as close as we can get.

Still it's nowhere near.. if you guys really want it, I'll make an audio file later today when I get off from work?

Fortune favors the bald.

Wouldn't it be be somewhere in the vicinity of [russ-byaerh] ('russ' like in Russian, except the 'r' isn't "rolling" but flat, "ya" like in yankee and a slightly prolonged 'h' at the end)? :ermm:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Hmm.. that is quite close..

I guess you're more used to explaining Danish words to people around the world? :)

You try to explain that you are from Esbjerg :ermm:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

what a nice thing to say from a moderator :)

Hey, I 'm just saying the truth, man! My real name is pronounced "Wuss Boy".

:o

:ermm:

:)

:blink:

IB1OsQq.png

• 2 weeks later...

Another Lennon

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)