Baldur's Gate

Humodour

They got better as they released more. There's a particular sorcerer/wizard one I really liked, and their class portraits (the ones that were just a symbol associated with a class instead of a character) were particularly nice. The generic human thief was also well done.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

To be so repeatedly fooled is frustrating.

that's almost on the verge of insanity: repeatedly attempting the same thing in hopes that the outcome will be different this time over the last. it could also be senility, but i thought you were younger than that. :)

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I actually like NWN portraits. But I can't find them for use in BG2.

Try googling: "Neverwinter Nights portraits for Baldur's Gate".

The first site that came up for me had a reasonably good collection, although I noticed that they didn't include the expansion portraits. Or the joinable NPC portraits (Boddyknock, Sharwyn, et. al.). Or the main NPC portraits. Either the old ones or the new ones.

Still, is a place to start.

Usually when I do that I end up getting Baldur's Gate portraits for Neverwinter Nights. But maybe I should put it in quotes.

Quotes certainly help when you're looking for something specific and the order matters like that; searches for the entire string instead of just individual elements.

I like those portraits, though. Not as pastelly as the ToB ones, but more "artsy" than the photorealistic ones of BG proper. Bg2 ones weren't bad... like the red wizard portrait, though. That one's been imported into pretty much every game I've played since that called for a mage-type character, albeit with a few modifications (black robes instead of red, blue flames coming from the gem on the headband, etc.) Spiffy.

Hey, Khalid is awesome too! :shifty:

All he really needs are the gauntlets of ogre power....

He's a stuttering idiot. The best thing you can do for him is strip him down and let him fight some ogres.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

No results found for "Neverwinter Nights portraits for Baldur's Gate".

FUDGE YEAH! :unsmith:

I ended up finding one. It had the one I was looking for.

:embarrassed cough:

That google search should have read:

+"Neverwinter Nights portraits for Baldur's Gate"

*sigh* Sorry 'bout that. Not that it makes much difference now, I suppose. :bat: Me, I'd use that handy NWN file viewer, rip the portraits I want, and convert the silly things by hand in Paint or something, but that's just my modem talking.

Hey, Khalid is awesome too! :)

He's a stuttering idiot. The best thing you can do for him is strip him down and let him fight some ogres.

Awww... Khalid's just a big fuzzy bunny rabbit. :)

Hey, Khalid is awesome too! :p

If only you could do that with the NWN2 henchmen. :p

J.

I guess Khalid is better than uber Emo Xan. We're all doomed! What is the point? Whatever. I'm surprised that we live to see another day.

Xan was an Elf, what did you expect? :lol:

He should be hung to dry by his pointy ears :fdevil:

He gets boring after a while, but for a short time, he was fun enough. An archetype taken to the extreme (like Tiax).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Baldur's Gate needs more crazy or even pseudo-neutral/evil responses. I just did the quest that Garrick joins with. Silphe wanted me to kill some guys, lied about why. I was given the option to go ahead and kill them or complain "We're not going to kill these men who are obviously innocent!" I just kind of wish there was a third option exactly like that second one, only with the additional "... for a measly 300 gold." 'cause, damnit, she's not paying me enough.

I've got people offering me 5,000 gold for the head of a single bad guy. 300 for 3 not-bad guys just isn't going to cut it.

Edited by Tale

Baldur's Gate needs more crazy or even pseudo-neutral/evil responses. I just did the quest that Garrick joins with. Silphe wanted me to kill some guys, lied about why. I was given the option to go ahead and kill them or complain "We're not going to kill these men who are obviously innocent!" I just kind of wish there was a third option exactly like that second one, only with the additional "... for a measly 300 gold." 'cause, damnit, she's not paying me enough.

I've got people offering me 5,000 gold for the head of a single bad guy. 300 for 3 not-bad guys just isn't going to cut it.

Actual roleplaying was not Bio's strong point.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Actual roleplaying was not Bio's strong point.

The whole storyline is meant to be played as a goody-two-shoes character. Why else would Imoen be a crucial character to the plot? What kinda game forces you to bring a good character with you (okay, so you can choose to dump her immediately, but c'mon, it's pretty obvious you're supposed to have her, especially in BG2), and then claim that you can play the game any way you want? Just like in KotOR, you're either good or flat out evil. There's no subtlety in there.

Edited by Checkpoint

^Yes, that is a good observation, Checkpoint. /God

Well, Shandra had very good storyline reasons for it and you could treat her like **** if you wanted

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

True, but it really ticks me off when the game doesn't let me do these kind of things. It's different from being forced into a sticky situation, which is cool, but something like not allowing thieves to wear Elven Chain Mail (cause, uh, I just love 'em elven fashion) or forcing NPCs into your party (which is why I would break Roleplaying laws 101 and cheat/exploit to get Minsc & Edwin together, for example... there are always plausible RP reasons for that, and god I am not taking Dynaheir around).

I mean, they had a good reason to make you carry Imoen around as well, she was an important part of the story. Yet BG series worked with that, and even put in extra dialogue if you didn't have her in your party.

Edited by Gorth
Edited for PC :)

You can get Edwin and Minsc together. I'm fairly sure I've done it without cheating. If I'm wrong, I'll eat my hat (I'm not wearing one).

They eventually come to blows.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Which is a-okay by me!

This is making me want to start the game over so I can have Xzar and Jaheir come to blows instead of eventually dumping Xzar for Viconia. Then later, pick up Edwin, go let him kill Dynaheir, find Minsc, get him to join, and let him tag along until they come to blows and kill Minsc!

Edited by Tale

And that's why every single Bioware RPG since BG2 has been a disappointment to me.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: