Xbox 360 Respawned

Gorth

I'm still interested enough in the dual analog take on hack&slash + 2p co-op to give the demo a try. If it's entertaining enough, it might be worth the bargain bin somewhere down the line.

1942 is coming out this week.

GeoWars2 is Aug 6. 4p co-op is going to be awesome. Apparently, it's local only, though (too bad, jerk), but I'll make good use of that 3rd controller I've been eyeing, at least.

Otherwise, looks like I'm picking up Mercs 2 and Tales of Vesperia in August.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I quite enjoyed the Tales demo. The combat was as I expected (good fun). The demo didn't really explain the combat system, but since I've played other games in the series, I knew what to expect. The story segment was as dramatic as some people would have probably liked, but the it was a small lighthearted romp, which is probably somewhat representative of how the adventuring will be in the full game.

It's a pretty different game from ES aside from the being of the same genre. I enjoyed ES despite its flaw (the story was so horribly bad that it was good, the colorful artstyle was nice, the music was fantastic, the combat was shallow but fun and fast-paced enough, and the co-op was what kept me playing through the game). It got decent reviews overall, but it seems most actual JRPGers didn't like it that much. By and large, Vesperia should be better in that aspect, given the proven credentials (some people would argue that Tales of Symphonia and Tales of the Abyss would be among the best JRPGs on the Gamecube/PS2, and this is made by the same team). I suspect the story will still be pretty cliched, but it should a fun lighthearted adventure. I don't expect it to be anything like ES'. Stay away if you're Kaftan, though. I'm getting the game for the combat and the co-op; the combat should be leagues beyond that of ES.

Edited by Llyranor

Hadescopy.jpg

Re: Fable 2 co-op

The most powerful interaction possible within the world of Fable II may be that between two human players thanks to the game's cooperative play feature. Any time during the host player's quest, a second player can pick up another controller and hit start to pop right into the game as a henchman. This henchman is a fully functional character in combat that has the same abilities as the main character, though that character does miss out on many other things. The henchman doesn't customize their own attributes, and doesn't interact with NPCs like the host player does, though they can use the expression system. They're also restricted in physical appearance, essentially filling in as a combat double to enjoy the game's battles with a friend. Since story elements aren't as high on interaction as the battles, it should end up being a good way for two players to experience the world of Fable II simultaneously, perhaps trading off time as the main character between each other.

Hmm.

Re: Gears2

Perhaps the most exciting revelation from our hands-on play session was a multiplayer mode that hasn't been unveiled until today. This new mode is called Horde, and it's been referred to by Lead Designer Cliff Bleszinski as a Gears of War take on Geometry Wars or the arcade classic Smash TV. The premise is that a team of up to five players will get together to fight off wave after wave of Locust, with each wave getting progressively more difficult.

So, more of a last stand where you fight wave after wave until you die. Could work well re: aiming for high scores as in Heavy Weapon, rather than just killing a set number of waves.

Also, co-op campaign = 2p only

Hadescopy.jpg

I'm still really disappointed by this. I would really like to be able to have each player be one member of the squad; including Cole and Baird. I'm not sure why they wouldn't include it in the game but maybe dev costs are too high.

I'm still really disappointed by this. I would really like to be able to have each player be one member of the squad; including Cole and Baird. I'm not sure why they wouldn't include it in the game but maybe dev costs are too high.

There was an interview about why it was limited to 2 player campaign. They had a perfectly good explanation: the campaign isn't designed for 5 players. It moved too fast and became too easy. You'd be picking up weapons and skip right next to the cinematic.

2 player is perfectly reasonable.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

What's wrong with making it too easy with 5 players? That's your choice if you manage to get four other people to play with. I don't understand why developers choice to take choices away from their players.

Then you'd get all the whining about devs not balancing it properly and whole feature being badly designed

Easier to just narrow your focus and not having to care about whiners

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Well, it's not just a matter of 'adding it in'. There's all the required additional coding, which wouldn't be necessarily cost-worthy if they don't give it appropriate attention. Making sure the scripting doesn't fall apart, additional bugs to check, performance problems, and so on. Unless the game is designed for X numbers of players,

Now, mind you, the game supports it, I guess. They just didn't think it was worth the extra work required to add it for the campaign. They never promised it, unlike freaking Too Human.

Hadescopy.jpg

Cliff said that they kept it to two players because then you wouldn't be having one person way out front of the rest of the team triggering everything so that the others couldn't get their weapons and keep up.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I'm guessing there's more to TH's 4p removal than just 'pacing'. That would be a pathetic excuse, but it probably has to do with performance/coding/etc. Much like their 'people playing co-op don't want to see any cutscenes, that's why we're removing them completely from multiplayer rather than making them optional'. The devs' PR isn't particularly inspiring.

I'm fine with 2p in Gears. The 5p horde mode should be awesome. You guys better get this game.

Hadescopy.jpg

I am so surprised nobody wants to murder me in retro H2. I don't blame you for your fear, guys. :lol:

How is the multi on H2 these days? Obviously it used to be thriving but with H3 and especially COD biting off huge shares of the online users, is it still active?

Now that it's summer and I've got some time off, I think we need to get a bit of GTA4 MP madness going.

I'm down with that. I'd be willing to move my 360 back to a place where I can hook it up to the internet if we could get a few people together and have soem fun. I've still never played the co-op missions.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I played a couple with Wiipwned...I think he's a friend of Nick. It was pretty awesome, we kept the difficulty down and managed to blow up a few helicopters.

I didn't know Wipwned had GTA, but yeah I'm down for some co-op now that I beat the single player.

GeoWars2 is beyond awesome. The different modes are loads of fun. The achievements are also pretty entertaining. <3 <3 co-op.

Soul Calibur 4 is better than I though as well. Maybe it was just the nature of playing SC2 with Zeli that lent it its spammy impression, but after a few bouts with Jigs, practicing and learning the movesets, dodging/parrying/repelling attacks, guard impacts, it's deeper and more fun than I expected. I could get used to this.

Hadescopy.jpg

Looks like NHL 09 will allow 6v6. You can create your own teams, and each player can customize his/her character and assume one position, gain xp, etc.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/37454.html?type=

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/nhl...amp;mode=recent

TEAM TEAM TEAM

The Omicron Evils will rise again! This time in hockey form!

And I'm not being the goalie. ;)

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.