What you did today

Walsingham

The Army is making me irresponsible. No-longer feared of my client I simply slept through my alarm this morning (knackered from training)! I shall need to give them a call in a minute and make some sort of excuse. After coffee and the paper, tho'.

Best of luck. I also overslept this morning. The fiancee got up with the alarm, got ready and left without waking me. She usually at least stops by to say 'goodbye' (and 'you should really get up now') but either she didn't or I was oblivious to it. I was having one of those "back in school taking a test that I hadn't prepared for" dreams. I spend most of the dream wasting test time getting set up, moving my desk about, discovering that the booklet that I intended to write my answer in was already filled with notes from another class, etc.

The way I figure it, if your body refuses to wake up to a loud alarm, then you need the sleep. Nuts to anyone who says different. But it really is the case that after Army NCOs a lot less stuff intimidates/alarms you.

Speaking of which I 'met' our new physical training instructor. The man could have been any age over 30. He looked like he'd been made from equal parts chewing tobacco, rawhide, and bastard. Fething terrifying.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Well, I generally don't get up with the alarm. Usually she gets up, goes about getting ready, and I start to rouse as she's almost ready to leave. I think that this morning she might have woken up before the alarm went off and turned it off.

And the morning keeps getting better... I walk a half-mile through light rain to the subway station, walk down the escalator, pay, walk down to the platform, and then remember that I had brought my work computer home this weekend. So I had to walk all the way back to the apartment to get it. Nothing like starting your week with by walking around in the rain for an extra mile on Monday morning!

My moms father traveled to our house to fix up the bathrooms and put in new vanities and what not. The problem is, he is a complete stranger who I met like when I was like 3. All he does is talk and talk and talk and not actually do any work. He also has some sort of like absent-father-whose-back-now-and-going-to-give-you-everything-you-need-plus-im-lonely-and-spill-my-guts-to-a-complete-stranger-but-im-cheap-as-hell-even-though-I own-a-plane. He's pretty annoying and I can't believe my mom would do this. I mean I'm a very fragile young boy and I have to pretty much baby sit this like 75 year old guy while my mom is at work. So I've decided to take my destiny into my own hands and will hide out at friends houses and go to school. :)

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

My moms father traveled to our house to fix up the bathrooms and put in new vanities and what not. The problem is, he is a complete stranger who I met like when I was like 3. All he does is talk and talk and talk and not actually do any work. He also has some sort of like absent-father-whose-back-now-and-going-to-give-you-everything-you-need-plus-im-lonely-and-spill-my-guts-to-a-complete-stranger-but-im-cheap-as-hell-even-though-I own-a-plane. He's pretty annoying and I can't believe my mom would do this. I mean I'm a very fragile young boy and I have to pretty much baby sit this like 75 year old guy while my mom is at work. So I've decided to take my destiny into my own hands and will hide out at friends houses and go to school. :thumbsup:

Crikey. That sounds quite appalling. I'd pass you a beer if I had really long arms. Reconcile yourself by ... um... er... I don't know. :) Stay on the forum!

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I mean I'm a very fragile young boy and I have to pretty much baby sit this like 75 year old guy while my mom is at work. So I've decided to take my destiny into my own hands and will hide out at friends houses and go to school. :ermm:

It wasn't a disagreeable situation like that, but I had to do pretty much the same thing when I was in grade school when my dad got MS. Not fun for anyone...but it certainly doesn't sound fair to put you in that situation with someone you barely know.

Glad you have a friends you can hide at out for relief.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I mean I'm a very fragile young boy and I have to pretty much baby sit this like 75 year old guy while my mom is at work. So I've decided to take my destiny into my own hands and will hide out at friends houses and go to school. :blink:

It wasn't a disagreeable situation like that, but I had to do pretty much the same thing when I was in grade school when my dad got MS. Not fun for anyone...but it certainly doesn't sound fair to put you in that situation with someone you barely know.

Glad you have a friends you can hide at out for relief.

Hiding out at friends houses is one of the best bits of being a teenager. :brows:

EDIT: I once made my girlfriend so angry that I went to London in the night and hid there for 18 hours. I came back just in time to avoid being dumped and my stuff set on fire.

Happy days.

-Elwood Blues

Heh, yeah, when I was 15/16 I spent more time at my boyfriend's apt. & his mom than my parents house. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I just got back into town after my second shift at this new job. Was replacing all the cash registers at a Zellers in a nearby town. Started at 7pm and we were sent home by the tech on site at 4am. It's a 30-40 minute drive back home, in the dark, on a route that I've never driven before. Fun! It was tiring, but for $21/hour I hope I get more shifts like that.

Today I started to prepare for tomorrow, which is known as "The Day of the Hangover God". It is a national holiday in Finland. No one has to got to school or to work. Only thing you have to do is be in hangover to show your devotiation towards the Hangover God.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Guest The Architect

Haha, well good luck with that. I hope your hangover doesn't turn out too badly. If that offends your Hangover God, then so be it!

I just got back into town after my second shift at this new job. Was replacing all the cash registers at a Zellers in a nearby town. Started at 7pm and we were sent home by the tech on site at 4am. It's a 30-40 minute drive back home, in the dark, on a route that I've never driven before. Fun! It was tiring, but for $21/hour I hope I get more shifts like that.

Overtime and weird shifts rule. I used to enjoy working them. Now I get paid fixed salary. No more fun...

Speaking of which we worked out that while doing our Army stufff we earn

-Elwood Blues

Breaking news: I just bit my own finger while eating toast. Man, I have strong teeth. And really painful fingers. Now.

-Elwood Blues

fingers on toast?

discovering a taste for cannibalism huh Walshie? :blink:

I think that qualify as auto-cannibalism, and as a hobby I can't helping feeling it would be shortlived. :x

-Elwood Blues

Quote of the day:

"Am not so good therefore I do not speak groins , but if I understand him , therefore I want to be recruiter"

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I cannot wait until I move out on my own. I can't stand drama because I have very little apathy because I'm an elitist prick who thinks I'm 100% objective (though seriously I know I'm pretty close) and I'm put in an awkward situation because I know I'm supposed to feel bad but I kind of don't even though the situation definitely calls for it. Anyways my estranged grand father who I don't know, and I thank the lord for that, left. Course in his wake our house is pretty messed up, what extremely little work he did is quite shoddy and of course my mom is hysterical because her father ran out on the "family" for a second time and our house is pretty messy. The Slug's infinite rip off wisdom has proven right once away. Even after 40 some odd years. Once a ****, always a ****.

Anyways some subcontractor from Lowes is coming down tomorrow to give an estimate and I'm going to be pretty tough. I'll cut of the sleeves of one of my shirts to show off the guns and make sure these guys don't try to screw with me. We already have all the stuff bought so its basically ripping the old stuff out and installing, so just labor costs. Just 2 vanities, a shower door, various caulking and little stuff like that. I've calculated an extremely liberal estimate coming in at about 1,250 but it definitely shouldn't cost that because I'll call them out on that horse sh-.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Dear sweet mercy. Drinking last night after a fantastic game of football on the telly. Woke this morning to discover I'd gone to sleep in my clothes with teh lights on after putting a steak in to marinade (?). Thirsty. Still drunk. No-one is to pay any attention to anything I say until 1800 hrs at the earliest.

-Elwood Blues

today i.... slept

oh, and also met up with a lady friend and she gave me a ring she'd bought for me

it's quite kewl. a titanium ring with a celtic knot pattern :wowey:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

today i.... slept

oh, and also met up with a lady friend and she gave me a ring she'd bought for me

it's quite kewl. a titanium ring with a celtic knot pattern :)

You're a magic pixie. Give me the magic hangover cure, you shiny wee bastard.

-Elwood Blues

it's a very rare occasion that i am hungover

usually alcohol and i get along very well, with no regrets the morning after

but on the rare occasions where i do take things too far (and it usually takes quite a bit) and end up with a hangover, my usual solution is to don a pair of very very dark sunglasses, and pay a visit to a friend of mine at the cafe he works at, and request a coffee and a "cure"

the said "cure" being a gigantic breakfast full of the bacon, sausages, fried mushrooms, scrambled egs, and roast potato

it works wonders :)

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Yesterday I got up at 07.00 in the morning. I opened my first can of beer at 08.15. I fell asleep in the sun around 15.00 on a grass field somewhere, with my friends. Got woken up at around 16.00, went home and changed clothes and showered. Went to a grill party with my cousin at around 18.00. Started drinking vodka clean at around 22.00. Went to a house party at around 23.00. Went out to a club at around 02.00. Went to a fast-food joint at around 04.30. Came home to sleep at around 05.30.

I can't even estimate how much I drank last night. But the hangover god missed Sweden and went straight to Finland because I'm not the least hungover! In fact, I am going out to run 6 miles right now.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Despite being insanely drunk/hungover I managed to:

1. Install my RAM and graphics cards without incident! :lol:

2. Convince the delivery people for my washing machine that I was a friendly chap and didn't need to pay for delivery (they were mostly amused by my condition).

3. Be overcome with my own incompetence while installing the washing machine, smash a hole in my kitchen units (they're ghastly anyway), put the machine in place four separate times, without power, water, and latterly not outlet connection. My kitchen briefly flooded.

4. Cook more steaks, steamed veg, and also a rather fine salad of tomatoes, oranges, pepper, mozzarella, and sweet balsamic vinegar.

5. I even did some tidying up.

-Elwood Blues