What you did today

Walsingham

Guest The Architect

Hey thanks guys for the nice comments about Sasha's good news. We haven't heard from the vet what it was yet. Anyway her stitches are healing faster than what we initially thought they would. She's eating well and everything like that and has been dying to run around the house and play with one of us but we don't wanna go jumping the gun with her stitches just yet. She gets them taken out next Monday.

Hey thanks guys for the nice comments about Sasha's good news. We haven't heard from the vet what it was yet. Anyway her stitches are healing faster than what we initially thought they would. She's eating well and everything like that and has been dying to run around the house and play with one of us but we don't wanna go jumping the gun with her stitches just yet. She gets them taken out next Monday.

does she still have the giant cone thingy on her head?

found out today that my sister's dog is being put down tomorrow

he's a Pitbull/Staffordshord Terrier cross and he's about 10 years old

he had a weird lump thingy on his leg and they tested it and apparently he's got a liver disease and is riddled with cancer

it kinda sucks, especially for my nephew, who's only 6 years old and has formed a really close bond with the dog

i know a lot of people see Pitbulls and co as quite violent breeds of dogs, but he's been perfectly well behaved with my nephew, never so much as even growling at him, even when he was young and would pull on the dogs tail and everything

it's gonna be weird going to see my sister and not having the dog there bugging me to come throw sticks for him in the back yard :(

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Mum gave me some CD's of dad's old family film slides, converted to jpgs. They haven't gotten to the years where I joined the family, but going through them was still a treat, especially since I have so few personal memories of my dad before his MS.

059-small.jpg

It made me feel all maudlin. I think I'm getting "softer" in my middle-age. :(

Although, I have to nitpick that whoever did the slide conversion didn't do a great job. Very old and somewhat faded slides can be hard to convert well, but they didn't make the resolution big enough to print even fair 8x10's, which I think is a shame.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Whew... got home today, finally after nine hours of travel time by train. So I slept some hours till six o'clock in the evening instead of going to University :grin: Oh, that was a weekend. Seeing the last gig of the last of the real Christian Death (C.D. 1334) was a real privilege. But the Nephilim really f***ing rocked. I mean, I could complain about ten things or so I didn't like about the concert, but still, in conclusion I can only say that it was awesome, inspiring... McCoy has one of the best, most versatile and moving voices I've ever heard. He looked kind of sad though... And then there was Tiamat, Die Krupps, my favourite medieval/celtic kind of band called Faun, and many others and all the beautiful people. Gotta love death rocker and dark punks, additional to all the romantic and... Ah, I could go on for hours ;)

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Whew... got home today, finally after nine hours of travel time by train. So I slept some hours till six o'clock in the evening instead of going to University o:) Oh, that was a weekend. Seeing the last gig of the last of the real Christian Death (C.D. 1334) was a real privilege. But the Nephilim really f***ing rocked. I mean, I could complain about ten things or so I didn't like about the concert, but still, in conclusion I can only say that it was awesome, inspiring... McCoy has one of the best, most versatile and moving voices I've ever heard. He looked kind of sad though... And then there was Tiamat, Die Krupps, my favourite medieval/celtic kind of band called Faun, and many others and all the beautiful people. Gotta love death rocker and dark punks, additional to all the romantic and... Ah, I could go on for hours ;)

Is that as in Fields of the Nephilim?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Is that as in Fields of the Nephilim?
Yes, I already wrote so much that I had to abbreviate the name ;) Unfortunately, I don't really know who actually was in the band, although the bass player could have been Pettit (because he looked very FotN-ish and was taller than McCoy, people at first mistook him for McCoy despite the bass - thanks to the omnipresent fog...).

yah, the lucky sod got to go see them

*shakes fist at samm*

Your day will come too, I suppose. If until then the instrumentalists can match the skills of their predecessors, all the better for you ;)

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Had all 4 wisdom teeth out this morning. The freezing they used finally wore off about 6 hours later. The bleeding seems to have stopped and I have yet to experience any pain. Haven't taken any of the Tylenol 3's they prescribed for that yet, but I have taken one of the ibuprofen that's supposed to help with any inflammation. Just sitting here right now with an ice pack to limit any swelling that might occur.

Can't believe you listen to the Nephilim. I used to listen to them when I was barely more than a nipper!

I am heartbroken today on account of discovering that Laura Fraser is married and has a kid! She's my ideal woman, or would be if she wasn't an actress.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

wow, i had a busy day. scheduled an appointment with a GI doctor (gastro-intestinal) to deal with my stomach issues (ulcer, perhaps) as well as a cardiologist. my physician saw my cholesterol numbers and decided we need to work on the heart, too. nuttin like approaching 40 after years of abuse, bad diet and an overall lack of exercise coupled with stress that i never could have imagined.

anyway, i have a clock/local oscillator board that i designed (my buddy did part of it) and got the re-spin back a couple days ago. when i got the new board assembled, the PLL (phase-locked loop) chip was programming, but working incorrectly. i spent an hour or so last night on the phone with the support guys at national semiconductor and they were baffled. talked to them again today and tried a few other things to no avail. finally made the right change and oila! it worked. both the output clock (just under 100 MHz) and local oscillator (just under 2.3 GHz) are now programmed and functioning. i then smoke tested the board by inserting it into the chassis and that worked as well. re-wired the 12 V supply to use the backplane (compact PCI) and after shorting the whole system and shutting it down, got it re-wired CORRECTLY and all works well (we were using an external supply for the 12 V previously). i also found a spare amplifier in the back room (we got a s**t-ton of various comm devices lying around, a tinkerers heaven) and put it on the LO since it was too low for use in our RF circuitry (need about 20 mW and the LO output was only 1 mW).

so now my little system in a chassis is almost done. my buddy is setting up so we can boot the linux kernel directly from on-board flash rather than over the ethernet as we are doing now. testing begins tomorrow!!!

woohoo!!!

oh, i also got my final grades for school, which included 30 hours of dissertation work that had been listed as I for "in progress"... i'm quite pleased. :shifty:

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Guest The Architect
does she still have the giant cone thingy on her head?

She has to wear it every night when no one's watching her until her stitches get taken out on Monday.

found out today that my sister's dog is being put down tomorrow

he's a Pitbull/Staffordshord Terrier cross and he's about 10 years old

he had a weird lump thingy on his leg and they tested it and apparently he's got a liver disease and is riddled with cancer

it kinda sucks, especially for my nephew, who's only 6 years old and has formed a really close bond with the dog

i know a lot of people see Pitbulls and co as quite violent breeds of dogs, but he's been perfectly well behaved with my nephew, never so much as even growling at him, even when he was young and would pull on the dogs tail and everything

it's gonna be weird going to see my sister and not having the dog there bugging me to come throw sticks for him in the back yard :lol:

well, he's gone now :)

the vet thinks he may have had leukemia too. his red blood cell count was 5, when it should have been around 50 or something

they buried him in the back yard, and have marked the grave with a stick he used to play with

yeah i've got the next couple of weeks off work, so i might go pay my nephew a visit and see how he's doing

he's never not had the dog

bummer dude. my wife is taking one of our cats to the vet today for a determination on whether her time has come. michele is worried (her cat).

taks

comrade taks... just because.

^Awesome! Keep the board from going dry!

I'm supposed to write an essay on The Death of a Salesman for Monday, 2000 words. So far I've only found some discussions on ethinicity and ghosts for secondary sources, but I guess I'll make an essay out of this sooner or later. If anyone feels like pitching in, please do. I can't quote any text that's not published in an academic premier for instance, but ideas are always nice.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Started getting my house ready to sell. I'm not doing too much since the ex gets half anyway. I made an offer on some land in Tennessee. 26 acres!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Started getting my house ready to sell. I'm not doing too much since the ex gets half anyway. I made an offer on some land in Tennessee. 26 acres!

That sucks. If I ever get married I'm getting a prenup but I kind of doubt I ever will because I'm such a misogynist.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

That sucks. If I ever get married I'm getting a prenup but I kind of doubt I ever will because I'm such a misogynist.

The divorce wasn't much fun but I did have some leverage going in so it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Any pain I might feel when the sale of the house closes was more than made up when I told her about the new place I'm buying.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I come from a large family packed with divorcees. Fair puts you off getting married it does.

-Elwood Blues

Yeah Walsh I hear ya. I come from a pretty estranged family so the thought of even seeing any of these people ever again is pretty disheartening which is why I plan on moving to iceland or something so I can be a hermit and turn my back on the world and people altogether. The internet and wood land creatures will be my friends. ;(

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.