What I want to see in KOTOR II

The lightsaber fighting in Kotor was nice...a few more moves would have helped though...but what I really missed was the complete absence of wounds and chopped limbs. A lightsaber should do some SERIOUS damage to your oponent, like in Jedi Knight where your enemies would end up with one less hand or arm in the end of a fight. I hope this feature can be included in KotorII.

The lightsaber fighting in Kotor was nice...a few more moves would have helped though...but what I really missed was the complete absence of wounds and chopped limbs. A lightsaber should do some SERIOUS damage to your oponent, like in Jedi Knight where your enemies would end up with one less hand or arm in the end of a fight. I hope this feature can be included in KotorII.

Doubful, this is Lucas Arts, remember ?!?

Well I'd call it a really long, continous and TEDIOUS fight... I've got nothing against showing off how badass my character has become but that part bored me to tears since the waves simply wouldn't bloody stop!

The Star Forge "waves" did go on too long but I never became bored. At that point it was a fantastic demonstration of how powerful you were. It felt so good to wipe the floor with everyone - Dark Jedi and Sith Troops tossed around with ease. The epic Star Forge scenes require an equally epic battle. Contrast the waves with those 3 wimps that Malak prepares for you. That 'fight' was over in about 5 seconds.

I loved the fact that your companions had "personality" allthough limited I think it was what gave it that feeling of walking around in a SW movie creating history. I can't really think of anything I want added in KotOR....perhaps except better clothing I didn't like the look of the light armors... but that's about the single thing I disliked that and that it was too short ;-)

There are three things I'd really like to see in Kotor 2:

Whoo, all good ideas, I think.

1: Strongholds, like in BG2.

I tend to really like this idea whenever it pops up in a game. I feel that giving the player a piece of property and saying "this is yours" is an effective and relatively easy way to inspire a sense of investment in the player. In KotOR2, I think that a "stronghold" would ideally take the form of the Ebon Hawk. However, it would need to be fleshed out much better than it was in KotOR1 in order for the player to really perceive it as valuable. For one, adding more to do when aboard the Ebon Hawk would encourage players to spend time hanging out there. Ideally, the player could also be prompted to make decisions about the Ebon Hawk that would show tangible results. Maybe allow the player to take on non-party passengers? Upgrade its systems? Eh, who knows.

2: A more alive universe.

I think that the idea of a database is a great idea. Making it accessible through the Ebon Hawk would even be conducive to the ideas I've already expressed in this post. News broadcasts would be a nice touch as well. I could imagine them being implemented like the public news terminals of the first Deus Ex game.

Y'know, I seem to recall that there was some sort of Encyclopedia feature in store for Jefferson, in fact (though I could be wrong). And Torment had the rather extensive NPC and Monster database. So it would seem that the BIS guys understand the value of such supplemental fiction.

3: The biggie. Conversation choices that actually matter and give the player a proper choice.

I won't touch on this one too much, but forcing the player to take actions that he or she does not want to take is just bad game design. Hopefully KotOR2 will minimize such situations, especially when they involve such character-defining actions as killing children.

Don't stone me to death if I mention this, but multiplayer capabilities would be grand. Something for players to reach out across the net and share the experience together. Multiplayer doesn't have to be embedded in the main story line, but a short open ended campaign that's completely unrelated to the story would be great while the new content can be picked up by the fan mod community.

Unless, of course that implementing multiplayer features would require extensive recoding of the game engine or breach the agreement with LucasArt...

Sorry if this has been already posted before but I just registered 2 min ago...

Jedi Knight is also a LucasArts product!!

Not here but done in BioWare forums before release.

Likely its gone due to a purge but limb removal in a RPG is a bad idea for several reasons, mosre important is because "if we can do it so can do everyone" unwritten rule in RPGs and as such your character would be subjected to the same limb removal rules.

Jedi Knight series are FPS and SWkotOR series are RPG.

drakron.png

Likely its gone due to a purge but limb removal in a RPG is a bad idea for several reasons, mosre important is because "if we can do it so can do everyone" unwritten rule in RPGs and as such your character would be subjected to the same limb removal rules.

Not necessarily a problem -- IIRC when someone's limb comes off in JK he's already dead. Of course, since nobody dies in KotOR until you all do, only the last man standing would ever get something chopped off.

Speaking of non-party passengers, one thing that really bugged me in KotOR was that you didn't rescue anyone except party members from Taris. Wouldn't Bastila have filled up the Hawk with as many refugees as the life-support could handle?

Let's not have any more ethical lapses like this unless the player chooses to make them.

Remember, they didn't even bleed in the movies ? :huh:

No Kill Bill here unfortunately :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

There are three things I'd really like to see in Kotor 2:

Whoo, all good ideas, I think.

Hey thanks, the way I see a thread like this is that combat, skill and force mechanics as well as multiplayer (or lack of it) and the main plot are already set in stone harder than the ten commandments at this point and there is no way in hell the guys at obsidian are going to change what they have decided on. So we might as well save our virtual breath.

However there is still plenty of development time left and if people come out with small suggestions like the database or constructive criticism on Kotor 1's minor flaws (like the forced choices) then there's a small chance a dev might see and think "hey, that's a good idea! We'll have that." which can only make Kotor 2 better.

Another thing I'd like to see in Kotor 2 though would be more unique items. Not uber powerful ones, just items with a bit of described history to them. Lightsabers for example were way to generic in Kotor 1 for something that's supposed to be individual to each jedi. A good example of what I mean in terms of described history for items can be found in some of the saber mods for Kotor 1, especially sepithro's sabers.

I have to admit that I never thought of the Ebon Hawk as mine in Kotor 1. I mean, Carth and Bastila piloted it and used the funky communicator thingy, mission fiddled with the computer at one point and T3 used the sensors. All my character did was stand about and occasionally be used as gun turret monkey. The layout of the ship itself was bland as well, all those pretty lights and none could be played with. I agree though that with a lot more functionality and personality put into it the ebon hawk would make an excellent stronghold.