Vapourware: Thy Name Is Dragon Age!

Volourn

Kaftan manages to be bad troll and imbecile at the same time. That alone doesn't make him unique though, but he is also swedish :sorcerer:

well, to be fair, Gromnir got himself banned from bioware boards... and we not even have the swede excuse. seems that tolerance for us trollish imbeciles is much more limited nowadays.

regardless, it always surprised Gromnir when folks honestly asserted that da were vapourware. a bio board devoted to and maintained by bio... and a half dozen bio developers answering queries and debating suggestions were not 'nuff to convince some pretty darn obtuse folks that they were wrong. makes you wonder why recent news changes some wacky personages pov.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Oh, come on. The Infinity engine had boring combat, JE made fighting fun, if a little bit too easy. The story and characters were just as good(or bad).

Sorry, but the BG series had one character that trumps ME and that is Boo.

LONG LIVE BOO!

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Anyhoot, I have been thinking that it really doesn't matter what platform a game is on any more. If the game is fun, then that is what matters. Gabs, I think you are really missing out on Mass Effect. I really do. Mass Effect would only be better than the BG games if it was as long as BG2, with more planets to explore and a longer and more involved story line. Mass Effect is better than Jade Empire and Neverwinter Nights. No contest there.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Im with you there, Sand. I prefer to play on my PC, but my 360 is nice to have so you can play ALL the good games. Ive started playing games I would never have trid on the PC like driving- or sportsgames and so on. And Mass Effect is really worth the price of getting a 360 to play it.

The bad things are that you sort of need a HDTV, because consoles handle non-HDTV standards very poorly. And the games cost a fortune comparted to PC games.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I have no need for a HDTV. I hooked up my X Box 360 to my PC system.

me too, but alot of games cant handle monitor resolutions. I know Halo3 is aboslutely horrible, it looks like complete crap on my monitor, it cant even scale the ratio properly so instead it squeezes the picture horizontally. CoD4 is blurry, but ok. Mass Effect can crunch 1280x1024 with no problems whatsoever

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Sounds to me that you need a widescreen monitor. I set my resolution to 1280 x 720 and all the games I play on it, though mostly ME, looks just great. At that resolution it mimics 720i HD.

Edited by Sand

www.bioware.com

That's lame, you can't even click on it.

We want your information on the game not Bio's.

There. Even directs you to the DA forums, Mrs. Tunichtgut!

But yeah, I fail to see the pessimism around DA. Sure it got a very extended pre-production phase, but that's just necessary to create an RPG and the universe around it. This also leaves a lot room open for sequels. But everything I heard so far from it sounds very exciting.

I just think that Bioware announced Dragon Age a little prematurely. They should have announced it a little closer to release time than what they did.

I still don't know what to make of this game. Some people go crazy over it, or expect it to be the best medieval RPG ever... but I'm not seeing anything "extraordinary"... Maybe I'm just looking too much for a revolutinary concept or something that REALLY sounds fun (that might not have been announced yet), but I just don't see this game as being fresh in the generic and crowded Medieval RPG genre.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

From what I understand, a lot of information has been released about the game in the official forums which never made its way into the few press releases, interviews, or previews. I would guess the support stems from a combination of this and the undeniable (though not necessarily justified) force of the fanatical Bio fanbase.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

"Agreed. But on the good side, they never behaved naughty...like making certain, eh, assumption about it's quality. NWN comes to mind?"

BIO has hyped, and praised DA just the same like all their games. It's what they (and other devs) do. No dev who wants to make money is gonna claim their game sucks, or is just average.

As for my expecations for DA. it's real simple. I expect another enjoyable BIO game. No more no less - faults, and strengths

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

BIO has hyped, and praised DA just the same like all their games. It's what they (and other devs) do. No dev who wants to make money is gonna claim their game sucks, or is just average.

Why so extreme? Sure they won't go out and say "Dragon Age will suck. Do you trust us now?". But devs should generally keep the mouth shut about details and quality assumptions until it gets officially announced (including media storm). In that regard, Bio have done their homework right.

Compare that to many other dev houses that announce a game 2 years in advance, then claim "It will have a revolutionary XYZ"... and when it hit's the shelves, only 20% of all claims made it into the package. Oh yes, this still happens even today, sir.

"Agreed. But on the good side, they never behaved naughty...like making certain, eh, assumption about it's quality. NWN comes to mind?"

As for my expecations for DA. it's real simple. I expect another enjoyable BIO game. No more no less - faults, and strengths

Everything they make is just great ain't it?

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Bettee than most if you have reasonable expectations, and expect BIo to make a non BIo style game. R00fles!

Well, I thought my expectations for Neverwinter Nights 1 were quite reasonable due to the kickassery that BG2 was. Since then I have lowered my expectations out of a Bioware game.

"Well, I thought my expectations for Neverwinter Nights 1 were quite reasonable due to the kickassery that BG2 was. Since then I have lowered my expectations out of a Bioware game"

I hope you enjoyed playing the 'worst game ever' 3+ times. R00fles!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.