Best Fundie Quotes of All Time

Xard

This topic has taken a turn

For the worst!

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

And you expected anything else?

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I know I'm right, and I'm going to read everything you say in terms of arguments that I can attack, as opposed to reading to understand what you're saying, and where you're comming from. If it appears that I am doing that though, look out, because I'm probably just getting you to explain yourself more so that I can argue with you more!

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Is a fandamentalist like a fanboi?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Don't bother with Sand guys, he is what he is.

I also find this rationality speech being quite funny, considering Sand's long stand that God is malicious bastard but who is quite real.

Beliefs are irrational.

Lulz

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Don't bother with Sand guys, he is what he is.

I also find this rationality speech being quite funny, considering Sand's long stand that God is malicious bastard but who is quite real.

Beliefs are irrational.

Lulz

I just can't help myself. Win or lose, I just love a good argument. :lol:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

It seems more like you love a bad argument.

I am surprised that no one has linked this yet: Fundies Say the Darndest Things!

From "Top 100 Quotes"

One of the most basic laws in the universe is the Second Law of Thermodynamics. This states that as time goes by, entropy in an environment will increase. Evolution argues differently against a law that is accepted EVERYWHERE BY EVERYONE. Evolution says that we started out simple, and over time became more complex. That just isn't possible: UNLESS there is a giant outside source of energy supplying the Earth with huge amounts of energy. If there were such a source, scientists would certainly know about it. [emphasis added]

Gravity: Doesn't exist. If items of mass had any impact of others, then mountains should have people orbiting them. Or the space shuttle in space should have the astronauts orbiting it. Of course, that's just the tip of the gravity myth. Think about it. Scientists want us to believe that the sun has a gravitation pull strong enough to keep a planet like neptune or pluto in orbit, but then it's not strong enough to keep the moon in orbit? Why is that? What I believe is going on here is this: These objects in space have yet to receive mans touch, and thus have no sin to weigh them down. This isn't the case for earth, where we see the impact of transfered sin to material objects. The more sin, the heavier something is.

There are a lot of things I have concluded to be wrong, without studying them in-depth. Evolution is one of them. The fact that I don't know that much about it does not bother me in the least.

You got it backwards.

Creationism is based upon science, reason and tons of evidence.

Evolution is based on the blind acceptance of superstitions and fairy tales

If u have sex before marriage then in Gods eyes u are married to that person if a man rapes a woman in Gods eyes they are married it sucks for the girl but what can we do lol

I honestly don't care about your rights. If it were up to me, all Atheists would be burnt at the stake and or cast into a river with weights tied to their ankles and or placed before the firing squad, etc etc etc.

[Am I in discussion with a human who has a functioning brain?] What does a functioning brain have to do with the Bible?

[One Christian speaking to another]

You are banned. You are not a Christian for Christians don't accuse brothers and sisters in Christ of being non-Christian.

Father Gabriele Amorth, who is Pope Benedict XVI's "caster out of demons," told Vatican Radio: "Behind Harry Potter hides the signature of the king of the darkness, the devil."

Apes are just creatures twisted by Satan to mock Jesus by giving EVILolition credibility. Further more they are naturally lust crazed for human women. Since they are not natural creatures they should be exterminated forthwith as the tools of evil they are.

:lol:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I used to go to Catholic mass every Sunday. My mother also made me go to Catholic school a few times every night AFTER regular school.

I hated it.

I think mostly because I can't stand having people ordering me around, even if it might be the best for me in the long run. I have a natural stubborn streak which rears its sometimes ugly head every time someone assumes an authoritative stance with me.

While I was in middle school, I was thinking of any excuse to not go to church on Sunday. Mostly because I'd rather sleep in and then watch TV.

I finally came up with, "Well the Greeks and Romans believed in Zeus and Mount Olympus thousands of years ago and the Egyptians believed in Ra and Set. Now, we look at those beliefs and say they were myths and legends and study them in a cultural and historical context. I'm thinking the same thing will happen to the God catholics believe in now. Whose to say our descendants won't look at the Bible and shake their heads at our beliefs all the while worshiping a giant statue of a robot?"

Yeah, hardly original or well thought out, but I was proud of it at the time.

Anyways, I guess my mom got tired of arguing with me every Sunday morning and I was getting to big to be threatened physically so I haven't been to church since that day.

If everyone was as lazy as me we wouldn't have these problems. We'd also be still be living in mud-huts too.

Hey guys, I'm suprised the thread starter didn't post a link to this site, and then spent the first page or so discussing the quotes on it, and then expanded the discussion to other things, and then had someone else link to the same site.

Oh wait.

Edited by thepixiesrock

Woooo. I wondered when the thread would start farting up to the sky. :)

I am always amused (and concerned) when people automatically believe our version of rationality is complete, perfect objective truth. I mean by that, some people believe that while we ourselves are not always completely rational, and thus make mistakes or believe bogus, rationality itself is flawless (by definition), and if one was to be completely rational, one would be as right as a human can be, because his thinking is all based on evidence that can be proved by scientific law.

Which of course assumes that the scientific method that modern rationality is founded upon is a standard for judgment that is perfect, all-encompassing, and leaves nothing out. Yet our thinking, and our realities, are never so systematic; even a simple 'rational thought' holds multiple leaps in judgment that we all take for granted. I'm not even saying that there are miracles in this world that cannot be explained, the face of Mary on a bread, a dog that barks Hymn 485, or anything like that. But our trust in rationality and its perfectness is overcommitted and sometimes, it gets in the way of understanding ourselves and others.

I've ranted multiple times, I think, on how I believe both rationality by scientific method, and even the most extreme of spiritual faith, are just two different ways of trying to understand reality. Both use completely different standards to understand the world: so if you judge rationality by spirituality's stick, then of course it's wrong; if you judge faith by rationality's stick, of course it's stupid bogus. But both methods have their strengths and weaknesses. It is simply that our society, and what we think are our 'natural' and 'instinctive' views, which have in fact absorbed in our past countless rationalist thoughts, that often sees rationality as a 'better' yardstick. I'm not saying there's an atheist's heaven out there trying to kill religion or anything. I think spirituality as a way we see reality will never go away - Sand here would probably say, because human beings will always try to explain what they don't understand through irrational means. In fact, that's right. They are trying to understand things through means that are not 'rational'. But if we lived in a highly spiritual social reality, Sand might well be saying, 'atheists will always exist, because human beings will always try to explain what they don't understand through rational means'. And it would occupy the same space in our discussions. There will always be these multiple coexisting epistemologies and I think committing oneself to just one of them can often be risky. There is a need for both reason and spirituality (whether it be in the form of religion or not) in any person's life, I believe - a fundamentalist nut who lives in church all day and decries any sort of scientific discovery is a fool, just as much as a man who would deny the existence of any spirituality and believe rationality can explain and solve everything and anything for us.

Which is why, if real, most of the people on the OP's link are making a mistake. They say they can live on God alone, but if God is real, he encompasses rationality, science, spirituality, all those things. Theoretically speaking, there should be a way to God through rationality, through a scientist's work, as well as through a pastor's sermon. But instead of trying to find God in the world, they've just decided the world sucks and God only lives in churches. If God only lived in churches, God would be rather pointless.

Finally, can I say I am always really really amused by all the fire spent in evolution discussions, especially by Christians. Most Christians would be better off thinking more about their own life and how they can show God to others through the way they live their own lives; endless ruminations about the flaws of evolution are secondary to that. Besides which, because so many of these people refuse to accept the scientific method as one of the ways in which we can see the world, they refuse to learn about it and therefore cannot offer proper critique of the evolution theories (proper critiques which do exist in the discipline of science). As a result, the evolutionists or new generations are more and more convinced that the opposition is a load of hot and bothered monkey behinds.

You know, I've probably started this thread on the downward spiral now. :p Well, what will be, will be.

Hardly. I never said there wasn't anything irrational about the belief that the origin of life and the Universe had something to do with a greater power beyond our understanding.

And note that I said the belief that the origin of life and the Universe had nothing to do with a greater power beyond our understanding can be seen as irrational, not that it actually is.

I think you missed my point, which was it's hardly fair to question the rationality of someone based solely on whether they believe in a higher being or not. The previous post here of mine was directed at Sand, by the way, not you.

Pardon me. Was sauced at the time. I agree with your points, and in that respect I would actually consider myself agnostic.

It seems more like you love a bad argument.

Maybe I just like arguing.

I am surprised that no one has linked this yet: Fundies Say the Darndest Things!

/facepalm

So, uhh, anyway; Sand, I think that's pretty much similar to being attention whore :lol:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

So, uhh, anyway; Sand, I think that's pretty much similar to being attention whore :lol:

Nah. An attention whore would be someone going to a crowded mall and start cutting themselves with a knife, making a bloody mess for everyone to see.

several million years for a monkey to turn into a man. oh wait thats right. monkeys dont live several million years.
The Fact the Earth is Flat is not my opinion, it is a Proved Fact! While all we need to know is that the Bible says the Earth is flat (Is.40:22, Ez.7:2, Dn.2:35; 4:10-11,20, Mt.48)... but for a second can you imagine what these so-called 'scientists would have us believe --- If the earth really was round, that would mean there arre people who are HANGING DOWN, HEAD DOWNWARDS while we are standing head up? But since the theory allows to travel to those parts of the earth where the people are said to hand head downward, and still to fancy ourselves to be heads upwards, and our friends whom we have left behind us to be heads downwards! LOL! What foolishness! TheWHOLE THING IS A MYTH - A DREAM - A DELUSION - and a snare, and, instead of there being any evidence at all in this direction to substantiate this popular theory, it is plain proof that the Earth is Not A Globe!

Oh my god, this is hilarious. :D

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"