The Witcher Spoilers

Tale

The drowned dead are the most irritating monsters since Morrowind's flying beasties.

That's why I overlook the fact that Igni is horribly overpowered as it allows me to pass annoying fights quickly.

Glad you ultimately enjoyed it though.

Edit:

Anyway, I ended up the game with the same armor I started with. I never finished the armor quest... I KNEW I should have bought that armor in Ch 2!

The last part was too easy anyway so I wouldn't call it a loss. :)

Edited by Moatilliatta
sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

No, thank you, reading your impressions has been interesting.

I'm still in Chapter 4 myself, mostly because some areas are a pain on my dads old rig, but I'll finish it eventually!

The beginning of Old Vizima will make you crazy. I have a good solid rig, and there were so many characters running around that the fights were like in slo mo for me. Fortunately once you make it out of the city, all that nuttiness stops, so hang in there.

If I remember correctly you just have to mouse over it and a popup comes up, but my memory is fuzzy. Halfway through skilled witcher should be around 35 or 45, can't remember which but probably 35 since you found the fights difficult. Or perhaps I was just lucky...

• 6 months later...

Are the wyverns in chapter 2 a neverending respawning thing?!? :ermm:

I've been exploring the swamps outside New Vizima and found a small island in the north of the swamp with a group of wyverns hovering around a body. I first tried to fight the wyverns piecemeal, drawing out small groups, but two is more than a handful for me and three were too many. So, I tried to draw them out one by one and that is manageable. Things is just, it doesn't seem to matter how many I kill, there will always be at least three of the critters guarding the body (I got seven wyvern "steaks" in my inventory). Is it bad design (endless respawn) or am I just unlucky and giving up with the last three left?

Is there anything of interest on the body and if so, I might just decide to make a run for it, try and grab what is in there and then run like crazy back to the ferryman :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

There's a quest item, some loot and a cool sword(which you can also get elsewhere, but later) there, but the wyverns are a pain. I recall killing them in the next chapter and then they only respawned after I lost sight of the area around a hundred meters away. Whether they respawn or not could depend on which side you approach the islet. You might be able to loot the body if you approach from the side of water, leaving the narrow land bridge alone, kill the couple wyverns at the end of the islet and then back away and keep area on your sights so none respawn behind you and follow.

Lizard oil+Swallow(+Blizzard)+quick style=win?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

There's a quest item, some loot and a cool sword(which you can also get elsewhere, but later) there, but the wyverns are a pain. I recall killing them in the next chapter and then they only respawned after I lost sight of the area around a hundred meters away. Whether they respawn or not could depend on which side you approach the islet. You might be able to loot the body if you approach from the side of water, leaving the narrow land bridge alone, kill the couple wyverns at the end of the islet and then back away and keep area on your sights so none respawn behind you and follow.

Lizard oil+Swallow(+Blizzard)+quick style+ignii=win?

Fixed!

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

ignii=win?

Fixed!

Fixed, you don't really need anything else. Unless it's been nerfed.

Well, I am heading back to the swamp anyway to play with golems and lightning rods. Activating all three pylons and see what happens without it was a bad idea :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

ignii=win?

Fixed!

Fixed, you don't really need anything else. Unless it's been nerfed.

For me, on hard, just ignii wasn't enough.

Heja Sverige!!

Well, I am heading back to the swamp anyway to play with golems and lightning rods. Activating all three pylons and see what happens without it was a bad idea :)

the detection of where you are on that thing is terrible. I got splattered several times because it thought I was inside the triangle.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

the detection of where you are on that thing is terrible. I got splattered several times because it thought I was inside the triangle.

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks :)

The wyvrens will respawn. Once you decide to go for that body, you have to kill all of them that are on the island at that time, then loot it and get out. When you return, there will be more wyvrens.

Oh, and I always kite them out one at a time too. Takes a while, but better than instant death. :)

The wyvrens will respawn. Once you decide to go for that body, you have to kill all of them that are on the island at that time, then loot it and get out. When you return, there will be more wyvrens.

Oh, and I always kite them out one at a time too. Takes a while, but better than instant death. :)

Instant death is not good, no :)

Looks like it has to be done the hard way. I finally got some literature on wyverns too, just to discover that they are vulnerable to silver, not steel. So much for me trying to slash them to pieves with my steel sword. I've stocked up on bombs, blade coatings, Swallow and I think it was called Tawny something (the one that regenerates endurance). I've more or less relied on the first Sign (the one that repulses/stuns enemies) so far, so now I've spent two handfuls of talents on Ignis. Lets see if that works better together with a buffed up Geralt.

The sign that causes damage/pain to enemies ganging up on you is not to be underestimated. Saved some witcher butt more than once when getting swamped by enemies. The "shield" one is the only one I've found no use for yet, but I suppose that it because battles are over fairly fast. Either with dead enemies or a dead witcher :)

Edit: Cheat question: Is the sword on the body a steel or a silver sword? I.e. should I leave my current nice blue meteorite sword at home in the Inn before retrieving it?

It's a steel sword. Also, the red meteorite sword is much better than the blue one. Damage is king in the Witcher.

Heja Sverige!!

Yeah, but you only get yellow meteorite a lot later in the game, while you can get a red meteorite sword in the first chapter.

Heja Sverige!!

Instant death is not good, no :-

Looks like it has to be done the hard way. I finally got some literature on wyverns too, just to discover that they are vulnerable to silver, not steel. So much for me trying to slash them to pieves with my steel sword. I've stocked up on bombs, blade coatings, Swallow and I think it was called Tawny something (the one that regenerates endurance). I've more or less relied on the first Sign (the one that repulses/stuns enemies) so far, so now I've spent two handfuls of talents on Ignis. Lets see if that works better together with a buffed up Geralt.

The sign that causes damage/pain to enemies ganging up on you is not to be underestimated. Saved some witcher butt more than once when getting swamped by enemies. The "shield" one is the only one I've found no use for yet, but I suppose that it because battles are over fairly fast. Either with dead enemies or a dead witcher o:)

Edit: Cheat question: Is the sword on the body a steel or a silver sword? I.e. should I leave my current nice blue meteorite sword at home in the Inn before retrieving it?

Yep, as a general rule use silver on everything that doesn't have two legs and talk. On wyvrens, use fast silver. You'll miss them 9 out of 10 times using strong silver. Make sure you clear your "retreat" hunk of land of all drownders, echinops and other nasties. Nothing is worse than battling down a wyvren only to find yourself mobbed by lesser creatures at the same time. Kite, run to your safe area (so you don't fight forward into the nest of them), then cut it down with fast speed. Heal, if necessary. Rinse and repeat. Voila.

I go with the consensus on meteorites... use 3 red. Awesomeness. I never bothered to change my sword until I got the magnificent gift from the dentist (which won't take upgrades, but doesn't need any!). Oh, and the sword on the body is steel, which others have told you. I always sell the thing because it's worth 300 gold! Make sure your "second" sword spot is empty before you try to pick it up.

Edited by ~Di

Almost all swords in the game are steel minus one that you get from doing a quest for the lady of the lake

Almost all swords in the game are steel minus one that you get from doing a quest for the lady of the lake

Nice to know :-

I go with the consensus on meteorites... use 3 red. Awesomeness. I never bothered to change my sword until I got the magnificent gift from the dentist (which won't take upgrades, but doesn't need any!). Oh, and the sword on the body is steel, which others have told you. I always sell the thing because it's worth 300 gold! Make sure your "second" sword spot is empty before you try to pick it up.

Sounds like there is wyvern bashing in the air tonight.

Spent all of yesterday night (real time) trying to find the tenth sephirath (sp?). Just to discover after giving up finding it, that the "detective" has it :o

I've activated all 10 obelisks, but I'll wait with the tower until the I've seen what those wyverns are guarding. Call me paranoid, but I don't really trust the game to let me get back there ;)

I really love those swamps. I hate to say it, but they are even nicer than the sewers o:)

Edit: I guess there is no point hoarding my 4 pieces of red meteorite, besides the point that a new sword is quite expensive to make. I'll never be able to afford that nice leather armour :)

Nice to know =]

Sounds like there is wyvern bashing in the air tonight.

Spent all of yesterday night (real time) trying to find the tenth sephirath (sp?). Just to discover after giving up finding it, that the "detective" has it :o

I've activated all 10 obelisks, but I'll wait with the tower until the I've seen what those wyverns are guarding. Call me paranoid, but I don't really trust the game to let me get back there ;)

I really love those swamps. I hate to say it, but they are even nicer than the sewers :wub:

Edit: I guess there is no point hoarding my 4 pieces of red meteorite, besides the point that a new sword is quite expensive to make. I'll never be able to afford that nice leather armour :(

Don't worry theres a quest based armor later on (act five only practically)

Also your silver sword can be upgraded with different runes that you find in your travels but unlike the Steel Sword it doesn't require three of each, you can mix and match (each rune has a different effect) so horde those until you get the other Silver Sword.