Character love stories

I figured Carth to be maybe 10 years older than Revan, but it could have been even less than that. I don't really know how old Revan was supposed to be but my guesstimate was that she/he had to be late twenties, given the timeframe of events leading up to the opening of KotOR. Even if it was ten years, it wasn't an age difference that bothered me too much but I can see how it may have seemed like a big gap.

For Knights of the Old Republic I fanfic goodness, please visit Sweetie's Works of Fiction

I figured Carth to be maybe 10 years older than Revan, but it could have been even less than that. I don't really know how old Revan was supposed to be but my guesstimate was that she/he had to be late twenties, given the timeframe of events leading up to the opening of KotOR. Even if it was ten years, it wasn't an age difference that bothered me too much but I can see how it may have seemed like a big gap.
It's impossible to tell for sure, but a late twenties estimate may be a bit too young. Revan has been stated to be a prominent and renowned Jedi Knight by the time the Mandalorian Wars began. And from the start of that war to the end of the Jedi Civil War, nine years pass. Obi-Wan for instance, was 25 by the time he was knighted, and only because he defeated Maul. Anakin was ~22, and he skipped the standard trial business, too. Revan might have been teh shiznit and all, but not much younger than that.

On the other hand, the only data we have on Carth is that he is a somewhat competent Republic flyman by the start of the Mandalorian Wars, and that he has a son that's old enough to be a Sith apprentice, nine years later. That could make Carth as young as 36 by the time of KotOR, younger possibly.

But given the inconsistent mess that is the EU and the all too frequent retcons it suffers, Revan and Carth might be any age - logic is irrelevant and facts can be, and often are, retroactively reinvented.

It's impossible to tell for sure, but a late twenties estimate may be a bit too young. Revan has been stated to be a prominent and renowned Jedi Knight by the time the Mandalorian Wars began. And from the start of that war to the end of the Jedi Civil War, nine years pass. Obi-Wan for instance, was 25 by the time he was knighted, and only because he defeated Maul. Anakin was ~22, and he skipped the standard trial business, too. Revan might have been teh shiznit and all, but not much younger than that.

On the other hand, the only data we have on Carth is that he is a somewhat competent Republic flyman by the start of the Mandalorian Wars, and that he has a son that's old enough to be a Sith apprentice, nine years later. That could make Carth as young as 36 by the time of KotOR, younger possibly.

But given the inconsistent mess that is the EU and the all too frequent retcons it suffers, Revan and Carth might be any age - logic is irrelevant and facts can be, and often are, retroactively reinvented.

This is probably a WAY nerdy thing to do, but since I happen to have a Prima Games Strategy Guide for KOTOR, I guess I'll go ahead and plagiarise it.

Carth Onasi:

A career soldier at 38, Carth has seen more than his fair share of war. A skilled pilot and superior tactician, he has always faced his duty with grim determination, believinng that loyalty and dedication to the Republic would see him through. He has come to discover, however, that not everyone holds this opinion.

Hailed as a hero of the Mandalorian War, when the Sith began threatening Republic space again, Carth thought that they could be fought like any other enemy, but their influence extends far past simple starships and blasters. Though he will not speak of it, a very personal betrayal has affected him deeply. Duty called him to fight the Sith, but now outright hatred threatens to replace it.

It is no longer clear whether he fights to stop the destruction or avenge what has already been destroyed.

This makes no mention of the PC's age, however.

legoK2.jpg

Check out my KOTOR fan vids on YouTube. And no, they're not of legos.

well does it say bastilas age?

nope - just stresses over and over her "youth". My guess is (just to state the obvious) - it's okay to assume that a male Revan would be older than Bastila, and a female Revan would be younger than Carth. I myself only dated older men - and eventually married one. So this is a pretty natural state of things. :ermm:

legoK2.jpg

I guesstimated that Carth was 38, so go me! :sorcerer: I made my Revan 28 and the age gap was pretty irrelevant to me. As random n00b said, though, it's entirely possible that Revan is older than this. I went with 28 because I was around that age myself, at the time, and I figured that was about as young as Revan could realistically be. But I think it's certainly possible that Revan could have been somewhere in his/her 30s.

As for Bastila, most guesstimates I've seen say 18. I hope she wasn't supposed to be any younger than this, considering the whole romance angle and Revan's age. :p I believe it was explicitly stated somewhere that Mission was 14 and I was under the impression that Bastila was supposed to be older.

For Knights of the Old Republic I fanfic goodness, please visit Sweetie's Works of Fiction

how do you know obi-wan was 25 i thaought he was about 19-20

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Obi-wan

This is probably a WAY nerdy thing to do, but since I happen to have a Prima Games Strategy Guide for KOTOR, I guess I'll go ahead and plagiarise it.

Carth Onasi:

A career soldier at 38, Carth has seen more than his fair share of war. A skilled pilot and superior tactician, he has always faced his duty with grim determination, believinng that loyalty and dedication to the Republic would see him through. He has come to discover, however, that not everyone holds this opinion.

Hailed as a hero of the Mandalorian War, when the Sith began threatening Republic space again, Carth thought that they could be fought like any other enemy, but their influence extends far past simple starships and blasters. Though he will not speak of it, a very personal betrayal has affected him deeply. Duty called him to fight the Sith, but now outright hatred threatens to replace it.

It is no longer clear whether he fights to stop the destruction or avenge what has already been destroyed.

This makes no mention of the PC's age, however.

Good job. I think the Prima Guides do have some canon value, albeit very low. So unless there's another source that conflicts with it, that's his age. 38 is also consistent with his attitude through the game, and it gives him some room for Dustil, too.

And what do you mean "nerdy"? I ain't even wearing my Jedi robes at the moment!

I guesstimated that Carth was 38, so go me! :sorcerer: I made my Revan 28 and the age gap was pretty irrelevant to me. As random n00b said, though, it's entirely possible that Revan is older than this. I went with 28 because I was around that age myself, at the time, and I figured that was about as young as Revan could realistically be. But I think it's certainly possible that Revan could have been somewhere in his/her 30s.

As for Bastila, most guesstimates I've seen say 18. I hope she wasn't supposed to be any younger than this, considering the whole romance angle and Revan's age. :p I believe it was explicitly stated somewhere that Mission was 14 and I was under the impression that Bastila was supposed to be older.

Please note that those were simply educated guesses. I was in no way trying to impose anything on people's vision of Revan. There are many examples of contradicting facts in the EU, that are never addressed or even acknowledged. So Revan could indeed be made to be in the middle 20's or even younger, at the whim of some LFL editor, an in-universe explanation being readily concocted to explain it.

But yeah, Bastila's age is probably right. Either that, or she's simply immature and annoying as hell. She is just a padawan after all.

how old is the exile, cause mira seems to tell us she/he is old
The exile is probably intended to be younger than Revan, since she was knighted during the Mandalorian wars, as opposed to already being a knight by the time of joining Revan's crusade. Mira's comments probably aren't intended to be taken literally.

As for Bastila, most guesstimates I've seen say 18. I hope she wasn't supposed to be any younger than this, considering the whole romance angle and Revan's age. :sorcerer: I believe it was explicitly stated somewhere that Mission was 14 and I was under the impression that Bastila was supposed to be older.

Ya - I DO remember Mission saying something like "hey, you're not that much older than I am!" to Bastila. As for Revan - 28 sounds about right to me (that''s how old I am right now), and I'd like to think that the Exile is probably like 5 years younger than Revan. The Exile was a General, but war can promote some pretty young people.

legoK2.jpg

how old is the exile, cause mira seems to tell us she/he is old

I was thinking about 28-30. She would have been in her late teens early 20's when she stood trial.

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

• 4 weeks later...

Isn't that what the veil is, in effect? Perhaps you just want really good clips to keep it in place when it gets jostled.

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

that just gave me some less than wholesome thoughts, but as this is a "family" forum, i shall not divulge the depravity contained within this mind of mine

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Check out what I found: SW Kotor 2 Romances This cracked me up. :lol:

No-one knows what the eyes look like - it could not be as bad as everyone makes them out to be. o:)

Ah, but that picture is Visas before she is captured by Nihilus.

After he is done with her, so looks like this...

180px-Visas.jpg

Presumably Nihilus either removed her eyes or it was a consequence of him forcing her to "see the galaxy."

This is why Kreia was to say to her towards the end of the game, when the companions confront her without the exile at the Trayus Core: "And you, blind one, you have hungered to strike me down ever since you saw the bond the exile and I share.Can you feel the Force running through me, even past the veil, past your bloodied eyes? You know you cannot win." But it was cut from the game, of course. (You can see Visas' response to that at the bottom of my sig.)

Edited by Jediphile