xbox360 - what about the 3 rings of death?

LadyCrimson

the RRoD is supposedly solved on any box with the Falcon chipset, which means any of the newer premiere or elite packages. i'm thinking about buying one myself soon.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

the RRoD is supposedly solved on any box with the Falcon chipset, which means any of the newer premiere or elite packages. i'm thinking about buying one myself soon.

taks

Everyone around here seems to be buying one soon. Even Hades is getting one! :lol:

I'm not buying one.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

People are complaining about somthing that they think they should be getting free, the actual fee is irrelivently small.

Those people don't quite realise how much they get for what little they pay for though.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

The thingie you get with the PS3 is completely free :lol:

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

i probably wouldn't use live anyway. it'll be upstairs on the shiny new LCD that i'm getting from santa this year and i do not have network access to that port at the moment (not that i couldn't get it set up... just don't care to do that).

xbox, btw, solely because the game selection is better, IMO. the fact that it is cheaper than the PS3, with a brighter future to boot, is secondary.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Xbox Live has become extremely good over the last year. At first it was just a smattering of arcade titles and a few video clips, but now it really does give you access to a ton of content, and the arcade games are top notch. Also, the network capabilities with my PC are greatly improved since I originally subscribed.

I'm sure someday Sony will get there with it's "Home" service (or whatever its MMO type interface is called.) It sounds really neat, but they have a long way to go, and they haven't really implemented many of the features I find interesting. I'll also be surprised if they still offer it for free, but the system is pricier so I suppose they make up a bit there.

Live is one of those things where when you don't have it you don't figure it's that big of a deal. But once you're into it you wonder how you'll ever do without it again...

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Just so I'm clear ... if you don't buy an Xbox that says "Xbox360Live", you don't have access to "Live" - yes?

We have no need/desire for Live ...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Ah ... ok. I asked because I've seen some packaged boxes labeled as "Xbox360Live" and some as just "Xbox360". Perhaps the Live version comes with a cable included etc. and the other doesn't? I didn't notice.

I did notice, however, that the "Halo3" version (here, at least) doesn't actually come with the game included. I had look at the fine print on the side of the box to realize that. $50 more for a green case, then. No thanks. heh

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Macs are nice, they just cost way more than they\re worth. But hey, if you want to pay a lot more for some animated menus and a slick design goright ahead.

By the way, Macs were indeed traditionally the graphics professional's weapon of choice. ... .. .... .. in the 80s.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Ah ... ok. I asked because I've seen some packaged boxes labeled as "Xbox360Live" and some as just "Xbox360". Perhaps the Live version comes with a cable included etc. and the other doesn't? I didn't notice.

It might be that the "Xbox360Live" version comes with a prepaid card or somesuch.

Usually a few months or 48 hours.

Might as well pay full time for it.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

• 2 months later...

WTF, indeed.

I mainly won't get a console because there are so many games on the PC I love to play, and it will be a long time before I've played all these old games to death. It's enough for me. Now, I would definitely get a console if I brought friends over to my place to play or if I flatted with other gamers, but that's not the case, so I see little need.

The only console games that have seriously interested me since I sold my PS1 8 years ago are Ico, Fire Emblem, Mass Effect, and a couple others that I've forgotten about. Still waiting for my friend to lend me his xbox though, then I will also try Assassin's Creed and Lost Odyssey.

The thingie you get with the PS3 is completely free :o

And you get what you pay for.

It cost them too, Ace Combat 6 'mainly' moved to the 360 because it wanted to experiment with multiplayer and saw LIVE as the perfect platform to do it.

And boy did it shift a lot of 360s in Japan (such that, most of the Japanese guys i've played with have AC6 as one of only three or so games they've actually played on it).

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)