Mask o' the Betrayer!

Pop

Can you end the spirit-moochers curse and win the day at the same time?

Of course. You can also devour the curse completely and use it to become more powerful than the god.

Realli? How?

Devour Myrkul (yourself, do not let One-of-Many), and use the new ability you get in the battle with Akachi.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

MotB doesnt seem to be dumb-proof, I played the game all proper but i did not get enough poeces of the mask or this one-of-many bloke youre talking aboot. Well ok, I did rush somewhat because NWN's combat is boring and tedious.

But everyone warned me not to eat Myrkul because then hed live and stuff :( I did devour myrkul at first but I wanted the bastard to die, so I reloaded and eternalrested him.

Can you smash the wall of doom or whatever or is that jus a red herring?

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

One-ofMany is mutually exclusive with Okku. If Okku lives, OoM doesn't appear.

I also missed finding all three mask-fragments though. I found all but one piece (and I know where that piece is now) and I tried exploring every corner. Apparently I failed.

And the wall is just a red herring.

So I finished it. Played the ending where you throw Akachi back to Rashemen and go on to live your life etc. and the one where you become Kelemvors biatch. Wasnt there supposed to be a third ending? Can you end the spirit-moochers curse and win the day at the same time?

...and there was no slideshow thingie for Hagboy.

MotB has insane amount of variables that affect the ending, but overall ending can be divided into optimal evil, unoptimal evil, optimal good, and unoptimal good ending. Note each one of these has a lot of smaller changes in them based on your choices in game. For example you can look Kaelyn's fate up from these. Ace RPG design.

Anyway, if you want to get the optimal ending(s?) you need to gather all mask pieces.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Even though it probably means playing through to make sure you get all the bits of the mask and make all the most evil choices, I would say it's worth it - the very evil ending is very enjoyable.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

am not sure how so many peoples missed mask parts... were pretty much thrown into your lap, no?

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I knew you were supposed to get them, but missed the last part. You were supposed to click on some lake or something?

Missed that in that area (and I did run through all of it). Didn't think anything of it, I just assumed you'd get the Mask later, but I never did.

am not sure how so many peoples missed mask parts... were pretty much thrown into your lap, no?

No, they're not. I think you get one as part of the main quest, the others require fiddling about

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

No, they're not. I think you get one as part of the main quest, the others require fiddling about

Strictly speaking, they are found at

Wells of Lurue

Immil Vale

and

Coveya Kurg

Wells of Lurue

Immil Vale

and

Coveya Kurg

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

People who moved their characters around with the keyboard seemed to have trouble with the mask pieces. If you don't move your mouse around to navigate the PC, the waters of the Well of Lurue are particularly easy to overlook.

Edited by Pop

again, is pretty much thrown into your lap. how does many people miss? has you people never played crpgs before? if a big rock or pool o water gots a specific name, and if npcs gots dialogues that refer to those things, then what is you people doing to miss? gotta be willful oblivious.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

It's not unfair penalizing. Your character ****ed up. He/she should bear the consequences

It's quite fair even. One can still finish the game, just a certain option isn't given. Complaining about this is like complaining that you can't get a certain NPC if you don't do something to a possible party member, or complaining that you couldn't

become a happy couple

with safiya or

gann

if you treated their

mother or "mother"

bad, so... *shrug*

Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

People who moved their characters around with the keyboard seemed to have trouble with the mask pieces. If you don't move your mouse around to navigate the PC, the waters of the Well of Lurue are particularly easy to overlook.

This can be a possible explanation since I have no problem with the conventional mouse navigation.

It's not unfair penalizing. Your character ****ed up. He/she should bear the consequences

It's quite fair even. One can still finish the game, just a certain option isn't given. Complaining about this is like complaining that you can't get a certain NPC if you don't do something to a possible party member, or complaining that you couldn't

become a happy couple

with safiya or

gann

if you treated their

mother or "mother"

bad, so... *shrug*

The difference is that such choices are given in the course of the main plot while only one mask fragment is tied to the main plot as I have already mentioned above.

Wells of Lurue

Immil Vale

and

Coveya Kurg

Ye but:

again, is pretty much thrown into your lap. how does many people miss? has you people never played crpgs before? if a big rock or pool o water gots a specific name, and if npcs gots dialogues that refer to those things, then what is you people doing to miss? gotta be willful oblivious.

HA! Good Fun!

I have to admish that I pretty much rushed through MotB, so its not strange that I missed the third mask piece. Where was that lake anyway? But, i think it's a good thing that OE went a bit old school with MotB. making the player work a bit, instead of just serving everything on a platter.

I have to admish that I pretty much rushed through MotB, so its not strange that I missed the third mask piece. Where was that lake anyway? But, i think it's a good thing that OE went a bit old school with MotB. making the player work a bit, instead of just serving everything on a platter.

Wells of Lurue, top right corner (where on the map there is a notation that says "Wells of Lurue")

I have no problem noticing things since I use the key to highlight objects I can interact with every 3-5 seconds.

Then how the heck did I find it? Because I got all the pieces.