WOOHOOO! 1.10 Patch for NWN2 is up!

Sand

Considering the difference between our systems is 0.2 GHz, I don't know what to say... :sad:

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Currently I've been playing some of the top rated community modules as well as remake modules.

Any good ones? The Adam Miller one started well, but I haven't even finished NWN2 yet so I didn't play much.

My current favorites are C1: The Hidden Shrine of Tomoachan and Pool of Radiance Remastered. Hidden Shrine a pnp remake, but with some great new twists and an added story to go along with the dungeon crawl. The author did a great job making a Mayan/Maztica setting for the module.

Pool of Radiance is 2/3rds finished. It starts a bit slow but I really love how the module progresses. It really breathes new life into the first D&D video game ever made and its a great remake. Can't wait for the final chapter.

I'm currently trying the top 3 highest rated modules, Tragidor, Dark Waters and Nestlehaven so I haven't formed an opinion of them yet.

As you can imagine, I am a little busy today with the release of MoTB and 1.10. But, I'll try and answer a couple questions and give you the low-down, as it were.

First, 1.10 is the 1.07 patch with data fixes (2da files, textures, etc) only. The code changes will come later.

If you find yourself having issues with either MoTB or the 1.10 patch, try renaming your Neverwinter Nights 2 directory in your My Documents folder. Then restart the game. The game will automatically recreate the folder and give you default settings. It will also make sure there are no settings or extra files to cause conflicts.

Currently I've been playing some of the top rated community modules as well as remake modules.

Any good ones? The Adam Miller one started well, but I haven't even finished NWN2 yet so I didn't play much.

My current favorites are C1: The Hidden Shrine of Tomoachan and Pool of Radiance Remastered. Hidden Shrine a pnp remake, but with some great new twists and an added story to go along with the dungeon crawl. The author did a great job making a Mayan/Maztica setting for the module.

Pool of Radiance is 2/3rds finished. It starts a bit slow but I really love how the module progresses. It really breathes new life into the first D&D video game ever made and its a great remake. Can't wait for the final chapter.

I'm currently trying the top 3 highest rated modules, Tragidor, Dark Waters and Nestlehaven so I haven't formed an opinion of them yet.

Thanks! I'll probably be checking them all out at some point. :)

As you can imagine, I am a little busy today with the release of MoTB and 1.10. But, I'll try and answer a couple questions and give you the low-down, as it were.

First, 1.10 is the 1.07 patch with data fixes (2da files, textures, etc) only. The code changes will come later.

If you find yourself having issues with either MoTB or the 1.10 patch, try renaming your Neverwinter Nights 2 directory in your My Documents folder. Then restart the game. The game will automatically recreate the folder and give you default settings. It will also make sure there are no settings or extra files to cause conflicts.

Good info to know. Thanks.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Tomoachan won't work for me :sad:

It goes into "unpacking module" phase and stucks in it, nothing happens.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Tomoachan won't work for me :sad:

It goes into "unpacking module" phase and stucks in it, nothing happens.

It does that for some reason in the 1.07 beta. You need to run in 1.06. Dunno if it works or not in 1.10.

I have 1.10

Guess I'll have to wait for possible patch

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

I have a question:

When in the Options Menu, at Advanced Graphics, if I put the Environment Shadow Quality (Near) and Environment Shadow Quality (Far) on High Quality and press Apply Changes, it automatically changes my settings. Environment Shadow Quality (Near) becomes Medium, Environment Shadow Quality (Far) becomes High, and Character Shadow Quality becomes Low.

I'm running it on a 8800 GTS with 640 MB with the latest drivers. Anybody know what could cause this and how I could fix it?

Try setting each option, one at a time,and see what happens then.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I have a question:

When in the Options Menu, at Advanced Graphics, if I put the Environment Shadow Quality (Near) and Environment Shadow Quality (Far) on High Quality and press Apply Changes, it automatically changes my settings. Environment Shadow Quality (Near) becomes Medium, Environment Shadow Quality (Far) becomes High, and Character Shadow Quality becomes Low.

I'm running it on a 8800 GTS with 640 MB with the latest drivers. Anybody know what could cause this and how I could fix it?

i had the same problem with the 1.07 patch, and an 8800 GTS 320MB. one at a time does not make a bit of difference, sometimes the settings stick, other times they don't. it is primarily a problem with shadows, though i haven't checked any of the other options. i was specifically tinkering with shadows to see if there was any difference in performance (which is already pretty solid with my rig).

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Arghh... my camera controls :huh:

This is going to take some getting used to. How about third camera option: Keep the old controls?

I am no big fan of having to use the scroll wheel as a push button when turning my camera around (top down mode). Maybe I am just missing something.

Performance does seem better though, even after remembering to change the settings back to high :)

Edit: The inventory changes seems nice. Haven't played enough to have an opinion yet though.

Edited by Gorth

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The old camera system views are there, they simply broke it down into various options which you have 2 points to toggle in between. Just read and set up the options as you want. I can't believe people are aving problems with the camera controls. Its all rather straightforward.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

I would have thought so too. On the "strategic view" panel, there are two checkmarks, one for scroll when camera hits edge and one for turn when camera hits edge (which is what I assume is similar to the old top down control). I can't make the "turn" thing work. If I uncheck both, camera is dead when I hit the side of the screen with the pointer. If I check the "turn" option, the camera stays dead. If I check scroll (or both for that matter), the screen scrolls orthogonally. Needs more fiddling... as I said, quite possible that I am overlooking something obvious.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

To help you out this is the camera options I have on with my game:

Control Options: All checked.

View Options: First 2 unchecked, the rest checked.

Curse Highlighting: Nothing

Left Click and Hold: Character Movement

Camera Focus: Directly on Controlled Character

Mouse Turning: All on minimum.

I hope this does help. :sorcerer:

I feel like giving you a big hug (in a manly way, mind you) :devil:

That was exactly what I needed. Now I might buy MoTB after all :sorcerer:

Edited by Gorth

I am always willing to help out a fellow gamer! :sorcerer:

New cameras takes some time to get used to, but overall strategic camera + character camera or whatever its name is, is 10x better than original NWN1esque camera

That is for bloody sure. I said it before and I will say it again. NWN2 is what NWN1 should have been.

Of course there are needs for improvements, like the horrendous battle AI for the creatures. The companion AI has goten better, but the overall AI is still pretty dismal. That is why I like Tony K's AI system: http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NWN2H...tail&id=141

The best mod for NWN2, period. This with 1.10 makes the game a whole lot more enjoyable and challenging. Duergar that actually use their racial abilities! I mean, when a bunch of deurgar invade West Harbor they should charge in Enlarged and Invisible! It is one of two mods that I constantly keep in my override, the other one is this: http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NWN2S...etail&id=85

Edited by Sand

following the 1.10 patch we had a problem shortly after first encounter with the druid tart. cut scene occurs in mere after discovery o' some dead wolves. cut scene ends and the druid tart's currently summoned dire boar went hostile... but now it were indestructable. game difficulty were set at hardcore.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

i just noticed that the lesser boots of tumbling, which apply a +4 to tumble, do not work. i sold 'em right out as a result. i'm not sure if this is 1.10 related or has always been borked.

taks

comrade taks... just because.