WOOHOOO! 1.10 Patch for NWN2 is up!

Sand

I'm averaging about 1% every minute. Just 75 minutes left guys!

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Shoot! My progress has decreased to one fourth it's original speed!

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Oh wait, nevermind, it was timed out again. **** this.

Installing this patch caused a major problem for me. Characters no longer move, they "jump" for a lack of a better move. The animation is fine, but they don't walk smoothly, they just teleport short distances over and over until they reach their destination.

Maybe it's related to the beta patch I reverted from before updating. Am completely reinstalling then updating from that.

Edit: HAHAHAHAHA And now my fresh installation won't update at all. Is it because it is Direct2Drive?

Edit2: Just remembered, ran it once, and it's updating now.

Edit3: Fixt

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

At first I thought I had gotten a HUGE increase in performance. But then I realized that the game had reverted all my settings from maximum to medium. When I turned it all on again I can't say I noticed anything remarkably different.

I cleared out some Eyegouger lair last night (in the vain hopes of finishing Neverwinter Nights 2 before the expansion comes out).. Horribly boring. And I've been fighting with the camera the entire time. I still don't know how to switch from Strategy mode to Character mode (where it's supposed to let the camera follow my character when it turns. Maybe I just have to admit defeat and realize that this game just isn't for me.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I still don't know how to switch from Strategy mode to Character mode (where it's supposed to let the camera follow my character when it turns.

It's the numpad *

The keymap-tab in the options lists it as player mode or something like that.

I just don't use the modes, because NWN2 is a lot more claustrophobic than games like KOTOR, where it's built to support the behind-the-cam mode. NWN2 in the IE tradition has a lot more narrow or packed areas, making it difficult to navigate that way. I'm perfectly happy sticking it in strategy mode anyway, maybe that's why the camera has never bothered me that much in NWN1 or 2.

At first I thought I had gotten a HUGE increase in performance. But then I realized that the game had reverted all my settings from maximum to medium. When I turned it all on again I can't say I noticed anything remarkably different.

I cleared out some Eyegouger lair last night (in the vain hopes of finishing Neverwinter Nights 2 before the expansion comes out).. Horribly boring. And I've been fighting with the camera the entire time. I still don't know how to switch from Strategy mode to Character mode (where it's supposed to let the camera follow my character when it turns. Maybe I just have to admit defeat and realize that this game just isn't for me.

:lol:

:blink:

Couldn't find the asterisk key on the number pad? How did you change the camera positioning before?!?!?! :ermm:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Uhm.. I went into the menu.. :blush10:

Thanks for the tip though. I'll try it right now.

post-262-1190989568_thumb.jpg

Just an example how my screen looked most of the time last night.

And don't you dare laugh at my buld or party!! :lol:

What the hell are you wearing on your head?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Try this link at Bioware. Has some camera fixes.

Camera fixes

Good luck

Executive Producer

Thieves-Guild

I have no idea. I'm not so bothered with checking the stats on stuff. I usually only don the things that make my holy paladin look the silliest. Great tactics for a D&D character build, huh?

It's the only way. :)

Heja Sverige!!

Ok, these patches are downloading a lot better today.

Installing this patch caused a major problem for me. Characters no longer move, they "jump" for a lack of a better move. The animation is fine, but they don't walk smoothly, they just teleport short distances over and over until they reach their destination.

Maybe it's related to the beta patch I reverted from before updating. Am completely reinstalling then updating from that.

well, i had sort of a similar problem with the 1.07 beta. really, the critters didn't teleport or "jump," but they smoothly moved from one place to the next without any movement animations, at least not their legs. sorta looked like they were on conveyor belts.

i've found several problems with the 1.07 patch. the menu options refuse to stick sometimes, e.g. i'll select "medium shadows" and once i click on "apply," it will jump to something else (typically lower). given that i've got an 8800GTS and a 6600 core2duo, performance should not be an issue whatsoever, so there's no reason some automatic feature should change things on me.

either way, there were some decent performance improvements even with the 1.07 beta. with most settings on high, i was getting 50+ fps indoors and out, sometimes averaging 70+ depending upon the number of items on the screen and general graphical displays (spells, etc.). either way, when i was running the game will everything happening and mostly maxed out graphics, it never dropped below 25-30 fps.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Without this patch my game is running horribly. I have everything on the lowest settings, and it looks terrible and plays terribly. Maybe this new patch might fix these problems. It's a fairly new laptop, so I thought I'd be ok, and my first play through when I first got the game like, six months ago, wasn't super good, but it was good enough to be playable. Just minor lag. Now it' getting pretty bad. My computer must really suck or soemthing.

So far I love the new patch.

The inventory sorter is a blessing for me. It auto arranges equipment by type, so once you press it it places weapons by weapons, healing potions by others etc. While it isn't the list style inventory I'd hoped for, it is a major improvement. My only complaint is I wish it would only sort items on the current page you are looking at. For instance, I often place quest items on page 4, but after I hit the sort button it brings and sorts everything onto the first page, and once it fills up the first it places them on the second.

Once Mask of the Betrayer comes out, I'll replay NwN 2, perhaps with one of the new races/classes and then export over to Mask. Currently I've been playing some of the top rated community modules as well as remake modules.

The first time I played after updating ran better than ever. But now when I go back it runs pretty poorly. Maybe I changed some settings I shouldn't have.

Mine actually runs worse than it did before the update. To get it to run any better than 15 FPS I have to turn off all shadows, Anti Aliasing, and basically all the video effects like bloom and such.

I have a Pentium D 3.2, 2 gigs of ram, and a Geforce 7600 GT

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

What's your resolution? I'm running practically the same system as you, and NWN2 is smooth as butter with everything maxed except for AA at 1024*768. It's so good I'm even thinking of changing to 1280*960.

Heja Sverige!!