New stuff on F3

Pop

Fallout 3 sucks so much that it beats out those Dyson vacuum cleaners. :thumbsup:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

There there, you two. It'll be okay. Shh. shhhhhh

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'd like to say it sucks donkey balls...but F3 doesn't even have any balls!

I would say that Bethesda blew them off with a Pancor but no groin shots. :thumbsup:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Hai Guys! I found a new site where we can bash FO3 some more!!! It's called RPG Codex! You can get there by cliking on thsi link!!!!!! http://www.rpgcodex.com

See you there, guys!!!!

I think you might just be my new best friend.

Who's bashing? I just thought to make some off colored one liners to have some fun. :thumbsup:

Read what I wrote, J.E., not what you want to see. I said "nearly all aspects."

And your "nearly all aspects" statement is arbitrary. You draw the line of "what you want your character to do" using nebulous criteria. Why draw the line at individual attacks? Why not pull it back to a lump "assault" roll for the round? After all, we already know that you want to kill a target, right? Why does the player need to be involved in determining how you do it? Heck, shouldn't your character also be able to determine the appropriate targets to attack? And why don't we get rid of dialogue options? That minigame allows too much of the player's skill to seep in, allowing him or her to "game the system". Managing inventory? Minigame.

Man, have any of you guys enjoyed playing a rogue/thief character in any RPG? I mean, for doing roguey/thiefy things, not just backstabbing/sneak attacking guys? They are the most boring class in the world when they are played like their tabletop equivalents. Shockingly, I actually enjoyed playing a thiefy character in Oblivion because at least hiding and lockpicking had something more to them then mashing a button and letting random numbers generate until I failed a task.

Haha, I remember playing a thief in NWN online. Outside of combat, it WAS the most freaking boring class ever. On the upside, it felt very cerebral because it wasn't twitch gaming! I felt it provided very deep gameplay.

The Thief series is pretty fun.

Edited by Llyranor

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Stealth was easily the best part of Oblivion. It was really fun sneaking around in the shadows, and the lock picking mini game was decent enough (and character skill did have an impact on success rate, by the way).

So yes, JE, some of use have enjoyed playing a thief in RPGs. Of course, I haven't posted and complained about mini-games and such either. And I think that as long as they're done well, they can enhance a game. Being better than Oblivion dialogue is a good start.

Re limited scaling: I don't know which article talked about levelling enemies the first time you entered an area, but one I read said there would be some areas that if you entered them too early you would be mashed into a pulp. They also said that a specific enemy wouldn't magically get stronger. Ie all mutants would be at a similar power, except that mutants in the later game may have vastly better equipment and thus be a stronger foe due to that. but the creatures themselves would differ little.

Re the suggested dialogue system: How is knowing the percentages in dialogue any different than knowing them in combat? To me both ruing immersion equally much (which is not very). If I have the right to know my chances at success in one endeavor, shouldn't I be given the same information in all of them?

"When it comes to Fallout fans, ignorance, stupidity and arrogance is bad combination, because this is a community that has all of those. Since I've already opened the door there, they're loathsome human beings, who I hope really get a horrible disease and die."

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

lol wut :thumbsup:

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Read what I wrote, J.E., not what you want to see. I said "nearly all aspects."

And your "nearly all aspects" statement is arbitrary. You draw the line of "what you want your character to do" using nebulous criteria. Why draw the line at individual attacks? Why not pull it back to a lump "assault" roll for the round? After all, we already know that you want to kill a target, right? Why does the player need to be involved in determining how you do it? Heck, shouldn't your character also be able to determine the appropriate targets to attack? And why don't we get rid of dialogue options? That minigame allows too much of the player's skill to seep in, allowing him or her to "game the system". Managing inventory? Minigame.

Man, have any of you guys enjoyed playing a rogue/thief character in any RPG? I mean, for doing roguey/thiefy things, not just backstabbing/sneak attacking guys? They are the most boring class in the world when they are played like their tabletop equivalents. Shockingly, I actually enjoyed playing a thiefy character in Oblivion because at least hiding and lockpicking had something more to them then mashing a button and letting random numbers generate until I failed a task.

I enjoy my utility rogues. He runs around stealing the groups treasure, then backstabs the party leader at a critical moment so that the rest of the group dies and I get all the riches to myself!

Isn't that what it's all about?

Lockpicking a bunch of inane doors for no reason at all, however interesting the lockpicking is, is as boring as an empty soup can without any string. Having the lockpicking serve a purpose, that's where the fun can come in. In Oblivion, there's two quests lines where lockpicking can be important and have a purpose. Outside of that, it's pretty much crap. And heck, I thought the system in Oblivion was frustrating and far from fun. Then you get the Skeleton key and it stops being frustrating, but still doesn't bother trying to be fun.

Edited by Tale

"When it comes to Fallout fans, ignorance, stupidity and arrogance is bad combination, because this is a community that has all of those. Since I've already opened the door there, they're loathsome human beings, who I hope really get a horrible disease and die."

Says who?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Tim Cain, 2002: My idea is explore more of the world and more of the ethics of a postnuclear world, not to make a better plasma gun.

Bethesda, 2007: Violence is funny.

Eek, I actually took that from Codex :thumbsup:

Anyway, even I'm not so sure anymore I will like this game. I mean, you can't kill enemies with numerous nuclear explosions but BARBIE HEADS are teh killer?

This really starts to sound like parody of Fallout.

Mes: "Reaching new levels of professionalism, GameSpy's editor Allen "Delsyn" Rausch has stated the following in his latest podcast:

When it comes to Fallout fans, ignorance, stupidity and arrogance is bad combination, because this is a community that has all of those. Since I've already opened the door there, they're loathsome human beings, who I hope really get a horrible disease and die"

Edited by Xard

Okay, let's say for a second that groin shots doesn't exist, the children have vanished and mini-nukes are everywhere for everyone to use, toasters shooting barbieheads are considered as weapons. But what i don't understand is non-drivable cars powered with nukes for our exploding pleasure, how does that fit in exactly? Where there nuclear powered cars before the great blast? Isn't Fallout based on that the nukes where dropped in the 50's? What?

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Preach it Brother, preach it!

Meh, and I was so positive about this game

Okay, let's say for a second that groin shots doesn't exist, the children have vanished and mini-nukes are everywhere for everyone to use, toasters shooting barbieheads are considered as weapons. But what i don't understand is non-drivable cars powered with nukes for our exploding pleasure, how does that fit in exactly? Where there nuclear powered cars before the great blast? Isn't Fallout based on that the nukes where dropped in the 50's? What?

Nukes weren

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Tim Cain, 2002: My idea is explore more of the world and more of the ethics of a postnuclear world, not to make a better plasma gun.

Bethesda, 2007: Violence is funny.

Eek, I actually took that from Codex :thumbsup:

Anyway, even I'm not so sure anymore will I like this game. I mean, you can't kill enemies with numerous nuclear explosions but BARBIE HEADS are teh killer?

This really starts to sound like parody of Fallout.

Mes: "Reaching new levels of professionalism, GameSpy's editor Allen "Delsyn" Rausch has stated the following in his latest podcast:

When it comes to Fallout fans, ignorance, stupidity and arrogance is bad combination, because this is a community that has all of those. Since I've already opened the door there, they're loathsome human beings, who I hope really get a horrible disease and die"

Sounds like someone got their girlfriend stolen from a though, badass alphamale, who happened to be a Fallout-fan. Or better yet, the guy was involved in Fallout: Tactics or Brotherhood of Steel and was crushed when the fans ignored/publicly hated it.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Meh, and I was so positive about this game

Me too. I think the very first interview thingy was actually quite promising, but these that are on this thread. Pfft.

Though, it still isn

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Yeah.

I guess it can still be good game, but there's no way I can take this game seriously anymore. Sure, Fallouts did have some silly stuff. This is just ridiculous.

Nukes weren

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds