Motorcyclists, post about your SWEET RIDES

J.E. Sawyer

I cannot comprehend how ANYONE wouldn't enjoy riding a motorcycle, well unless the experience has been too freigtening for them, but in general... It's about the most fun a person can have on wheels :D, have you ever been on the back of a motorbike?

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

I've had my eye on the Buell Super lightning for a while as a second bike, I don't know why I just have a thing for American bikes, and even some American Cars, I think it's the sound of power the general roar of a Harley. Harley's ain't the easiest thing to ride on English roads, it's all the corners and my gawd every Harley I've ridden had always hated going round any sort of bend. Certainly built for the American Highways.

Have you ever tried a Sportster? I've driven on a lot of British roads, and I've ridden some Sportsters, and I don't think they'd pair up quite as badly as people say.

I've had my eye on the Buell Super lightning for a while as a second bike, I don't know why I just have a thing for American bikes, and even some American Cars, I think it's the sound of power the general roar of a Harley. Harley's ain't the easiest thing to ride on English roads, it's all the corners and my gawd every Harley I've ridden had always hated going round any sort of bend. Certainly built for the American Highways.

Have you ever tried a Sportster? I've driven on a lot of British roads, and I've ridden some Sportsters, and I don't think they'd pair up quite as badly as people say.

My first bike was a Sportster, the bizzare thing about the sportster I had was the fact that you can lean a few more degrees to the left than you could the right.

The sportster was certainly more agile than my bobber, but compared to a sports bike it's always more work... It's not a bad thing, just means you have to judge corners better.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

Oh, you ARE older than me. I'll be 38 in a few weeks.

Oops. ...And I'll ask for a motorcycle for my birthday.

Edited by Cantousent

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

hehe... july baby as well, eh? it seems i remember seeing something you posted a while back that indicated we were about the same age...

i want a motorcycle for my birthday, too, but we can't afford one till my wife pays off her car. we intend to get a pair of rides for tooling around in the mountains. it may be two summers before we indulge since a new home is planned next year (well, hoped for). i need a yard, and a bigger garage for the inevitable motorcycle storage.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

My first and only motorbike was a Minsk, when I lived in Viet Nam:

minsk3.jpg

Product of Belarus, pre-World War II design, imported into Viet Nam as agricultural machinery rather than transportation, 125cc of joyous two-stroke unreliability - but no matter that it broke down twice a week and needed filthy petrol mixed with oil, because it was incredibly easy to fix and a terrific bike to learn basic repair skills on. I needed it for work, pottering around the little villages in the delta visiting local schools, but the mountains of northern Viet Nam are a great place to enjoy biking holidays - I'd recommend it to anyone.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Guest The Architect

I'm too paranoid and too much of a sissy to ride a motorbike, as opposed to my crazy cousin who's obsessed with motorbikes, cars, and speed speed speed! He has enough vehicles to start up his own shop. You'd have to be a moron, or just really really brave to go on a motorbike with him. :thumbsup:

I like driving moped's though {I've only done that out in the country and on track and stuff, not on the road}, but that's about it with me, as far as two wheel vehicles go anyway.

Personally I want to be in a nice, safe car when I'm driving on the road.

Edited by The Architect

• 2 weeks later...

Check out this MSN article about an all-electric bike for city goers and whatnot: Enertia

I prefer a car too, since I live in an area where it rains most of the year. Plus it's nice being able to haul three or four friends around with room to spare.

Edited by Wistrik

Check out this MSN article about an all-electric bike for city goers and whatnot: Enertia

I prefer a car too, since I live in an area where it rains most of the year. Plus it's nice being able to haul three or four friends around with room to spare.

Holy crap...just because it's electric doesn't mean it has to look mega lame. :cat:

I'm really wanting a bike right now...mainly because my girl's getting one and I'm going to be jealous. I want to get a Ninja 500 something or other...a nice beginner bike.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

• 3 weeks later...

New gas tank. Leaking right now thanks to not being informed that this particular tank should not be chemically polished. I'm waiting for some epoxy to seal it up. For all the hassle, it should be worth it; the tank capacity has gone from 3.9 gallons to 5.8 gallons. I should have a range of over 200 miles, which is... quite nice.

super_bonnie.jpg

Looks like an early 2002. Nice catch on a round taillight model. Is it Bronzit?

On a similar note, I just put the completed Super 90 engine in my 356B. At this rate the car will be road ready by 2034.

I just saw a 365B being prepped for painting the other day. I like the looks of the coupes, but I don't think I could ever live with one; I can barely fit into a 356 convertible.

55.jpg

Hmmm...

Tattoos *check*

Bike *check*

Burly manliness *check*

OMG! Mr. Sawyer is part of biker gang! This must mean that Mr. Urquhart is the boss of your big bad gang since he is even burlier manlinerr or something.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.