Spore: Delayed again

theslug

Don't know if anyone already posted this but it seems spore has been delayed until 2009. As of now I could really care less considering they suck and are completely unreliable schmucks who don't know how to do anything right. Cool concept and everything but definitely not worth an extra 2 more years tacked on before we can play a game that looked like it was practically finished.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/pc/spore-slip-sli...away-270324.php

Not a huge surprise IMO. While this game is on my radar I was not expecting it for some time. I mean seriously, how do you expect to make a game thats civ, galactic civ and sim city all on one in just a few years? Just one of those games took several years from design to going gold. Now wright wants to mush them all up in one game?

Is it possible? Sure. But the zots are going to be though the roof. Even bioware took 5 years from design to gold for a game that looked dated out of the box, and thats a SINGLE concept game.

I will be surprised if spore does not suffer one more delay. My guess is summer 2010.

but then we only have less then 2 yrs to play it before the end of the world anyways, so really, its kinda moot. :ermm:/

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

Damn right, but by the time it comes out there be Geforce 10

Good games are like guiness.

They're made in Ireland, are black, quite tasty and more expensive than other games?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

• 5 months later...

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta