I N T E R N E T D R A M A

Volourn

i'm an atheist

BS! I don't see you at any of the meetings.

i'm perfectly happy being self-righteous about my beliefs by myself. o:)

uh, that said, there's meetings? sheesh, next thing you know it'll be a religion.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

1. Is it possible to have serious, workable internet romances that doesn't lead to have gay sex with a boy pretending to be a girl?

Depends... I would say only if those people eventually get togeather in real life.

2. Who wants to see a really ugly picture?

Sure!

3. Why is it we internet geeks spend way too much time on asanine forums such as Obsidian, Bethesda, Buttsex.com, Badjojo, Ford.com, TelevisionWithoutPity, BIO, or mlb.com., or any other place (for bonus points, name the 3 of those that i actually visit - Obsidian is a freebee choice, HAHA!)?

Got to break up the daily coding humdrum with something...

4. For more Dramatics: Who are your 3 favorite posters of all time anywhere, and why?

Kaften, Mkreku, and Metadigital.

5. Who are your 3 least favorite posters of all time anywhere, and why?

Volo, Hades, and Gromnir.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

Oh blast! Here Im away for a few measly months and already Im off everyones favorites lists, a scandal it is!

Favorites: everyone from the old gang except hades because he isnt hades anymore

Disfavorites: what would a forum be without people like Eddo36 or that weird jugoslavian man who called Ender an honourless dog for real? Or when Shadowponce was a genuine nazi-mod and tried to get me kicked from the modsquad all the time? :D

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

1. Is it possible to have serious, workable internet romances that doesn't lead to have gay sex with a boy pretending to be a girl?

> Of course it is. It is certainly improbable, since:

- You don't really know what they look like

- You only 'meet' them when you are feeling like it.

- You are not responsible for them

If you made a point of contradicting these things and still liked them then you'd be fine. I've had some damn fine friends via the internet.

> Why in the name of the Holy Order of the Wilful St Cretinous would I want to do that?

3. Why is it we internet geeks spend way too much time on asanine forums such as Obsidian, Bethesda, *raaavpuling.com*, Badjojo, Ford.com, TelevisionWithoutPity, BIO, or mlb.com., or any other place (for bonus points, name the 3 of those that i actually visit - Obsidian is a freebee choice, HAHA!)?

> Because we are able to be who we are in our heads, not how our ape ancestors made us look. A man or woman being judged by their expressed thoughts.

4/5. I can't go into this for obvious reasons. What I will say is that it was recently the anniversary of the appearance of Onur the Courageous. Make of that what you will, anyone who remembers the most awesome thread in forum history.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

> Of course it is. It is certainly improbable, since:

- You don't really know what they look like

- You only 'meet' them when you are feeling like it.

- You are not responsible for them

If you made a point of contradicting these things and still liked them then you'd be fine. I've had some damn fine friends via the internet.

> Why in the name of the Holy Order of the Wilful St Cretinous would I want to do that?

3. Why is it we internet geeks spend way too much time on asanine forums such as Obsidian, Bethesda, *raaavpuling.com*, Badjojo, Ford.com, TelevisionWithoutPity, BIO, or mlb.com., or any other place (for bonus points, name the 3 of those that i actually visit - Obsidian is a freebee choice, HAHA!)?

> Because we are able to be who we are in our heads, not how our ape ancestors made us look. A man or woman being judged by their expressed thoughts.

4/5. I can't go into this for obvious reasons. What I will say is that it was recently the anniversary of the appearance of Onur the Courageous. Make of that what you will, anyone who remembers the most awesome thread in forum history.

But, if you could talk about it, I'd be in your number 4 right?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I hated that Shadowfax guy. I wonder where he went.

2. YES!

4. ZylonBane from TTLG because he's a living **** yet gets away with it everytime. Often he doesn't even need to insult, because the poor suckers just walk straight into it, other times the insults are justified, since...well, idiots need to be reminded of their place, fgs! Then there's a wealth of people here, most prominently the ever-elativous Don Jaguar, who(along with Bok) had the grace to stand all my multiplayer mess-ups, on and on. I could also mention Artaserse, a funny Italian of Europa Barbarorum fame, who despite his meagre grasp of English and against all odds in the internet, managed an amazing AAR story for almost two years, full of humor and allusions to T. S. Elliot.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Tale, you never EVER let me get away with crap. So you certainly belong somewhere in there. Possibly under 1.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I honestly have no idea - I don't see a problem with it though, I would imagine that just as many internet romances end up in tears (sad or happy ones) as irl. But any dating media, where you can't see people you are talking to, has some rather significant drawbacks.

I have to say yes - mostly because I would be too curious if I declined. And it's better to get the ugly stuff over with, instead of wondering about it.

It's a group mentality thing.

4. For more Dramatics: Who are your 3 favorite posters of all time anywhere, and why?

With fear of sounding like a hippie I actually don't have any particular favorites or dislikes - but I know the regulars better, which of course speaks in their favour (most of the time) :)

Fortune favors the bald.

there's really only about 20 or so "regulars" anymore... well, maybe a few more, but i'm thinking along the lines of constant posters in the WoT threads.

taks

there's really only about 20 or so "regulars" anymore... well, maybe a few more, but i'm thinking along the lines of constant posters in the WoT threads.

taks

you'll always be a regular to me taks..

but yeah, most of the regulars hang out here in WoT - or at least the "Obsidian Community" forum group.

Fortune favors the bald.

Visiting the pr0n forums again Volo?

You posted your picture?

No life.

Me, myself and I.

Mkreku who is a whiney baby. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Some other idiots at other forums I visit. I have a big list.

Pixies used to annoy me, but he's an alright guy.

Edited by Dark_Raven

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

you'll always be a regular to me taks..

but yeah, most of the regulars hang out here in WoT - or at least the "Obsidian Community" forum group.

i'm actually almost an original original. started posting in 1998 under the nom de plume of mendolf (my standard BG mage character). i avoided the yop boards at the time and stuck to posting about games, BG in particular, however. granted, this isn't the same board, but many of the same faces and certainly many of the same developers are involved.

dark raven, i'm surprised you didn't list yourself, er, hades, visceris and sand as favorites.

taks

Yes - well, almost, as it never was an internet romance, but we first met online: I met my fianc

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

:D

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

4. Walshingham because he's a hardcore broham, Cant is pretty cool and he makes like his own :cant's relevant smiley:'s on the go, then last is a race between kirottu because he likes anime, calax because I don't exactly have any recollection of him being awesome but he hasn't called me out for being retarded either, Steve Thai Binh for no particular reason other than he lives in Saudi Arabia, accept seems kind of cool same with xard, tale, rosbjerg, laozi, blank, and Oeriwaidfal(sp?). Enoch is a prety cool dude too.

5. As for people I don't like Sand seems like he causes a lot of tension and people like to pick him apart, so I guess I dislike him too since the majority always wins. I can't stand Metadigital. Not that he's a bad person or anything, it's just that he's just too damn smart for his own good. He'll be talking about some kind of madness and I can't even comprehend what the hell is going on and half his posts I can't even connect the dots to anything and I'm like where is this coming from, just makes me feel like I'm stupid. Thats about it.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I think this would be a great seminal thread for an epistolary sort of writing project, Vol. Or would that be epostolary? haha

...And I'm pretty much fond of everyone, although I won't lie and say I LIKE everyone ALL of the time. :Cant's refusing to name names icon:

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I am imperfectably likable, except when I get all depressed and angsty which is becoming less and less of late. REALLY!

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

4. Meta in a fatherly kinda way, gfted1 in a "maaate" kinda way and kirrotu in a totally gay way.

I also enjoy the posts of Spider, Tigranes and Steve Thai Binh and probably a bunch of others who aren't important enough to name.

5. the rest of you jerks

Edited by Hell Kitty

1. Depends. I know several people who have married after internet courtships, but these only lasted because they extended beyond digital communication. I can't say I've ever known "internet couples" to work. Same principle as any long-distance relationship. Proximity is key.

2. I live on the internet. Your ugly picture ain't ****.

3. For the lulz. Also, because it cuts out the hard parts of interpersonal communication. Before the internet started, if you were a nerd you'd have to join a club or hang around a local gameshop to maybe meet somebody with similar interests and aspirations as yourself. With internet communities, you don't have to leave your basement, and you're instantly in contact with hundreds, maybe thousands of people like yourself. Nerds are now only asocial in a certain sense, rather than in every sense.

4. Well, they'd probably be from my other internet haunts. One is Mormolyke, a venerable poster at another board, married to one of the site admins, who is always really, really sharp. She's merciless. Best example. Read the whole thing, it's glorious. To this day, forum users who obstinantly deny the will of the mods out of sheer ineptitude are given the honorary title of "Mikeyliz". Another would be Morm's husband, Levi, who's a good friend of mine. The third would probably be Yashaskaram, a member of the board that was a 50-year old Native American ex-SWAT sniper who took a leave of absence from the forum to volunteer in NOLA after Katrina. He met his wife, also a friend of mine, when she was a bystander during a SWAT confrontation. I'm still not convinced he's real, but man, the stories he tells, I hope he is. Honorable mention probably goes to JE Sawyer, because of his willingness to explain Van Buren to me when I first came around here.

5. On another forum I frequent there's a contingency of posters who belong to an IRC chatroom only tangentially related to the board. They tend to come onto the forum and act as if it's a real-time chatroom. Casual racism, lame in-jokes and constant incestuous shmoozing of one another. They're always irritating, but it's satisfying to see the admins crack down every once in awhile.

Edited by Pop